Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Teemo in PoC is a one-trick pony and that pony's name is Teemo.
If you can get to the point where you can do crazy things with him, it's awesome. If you can't, the rest of the deck is not going to pick up the slack.
And his 2* ability is insulting. I guess that's what happens when mushrooms don't have any good utility spells.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Wollawolla posted:

Unless I’m loving up the math a bit, it’s better to hold the ephemeral Teemo back for the second attack phase instead of swinging on the first.

Assuming 3* power and 2 champion spells cast before the first attack with both Teemos: (10 + 10) * 2 * 2 = 80 on the first phase and (80 + 10) * 2 is 180.

Assuming 3* power and 2 champion spells cast before the first attack with one Teemos on first and the both on second: (10 + 10) * 2 = 40 on the first phase and (40 + 10) * 2 * 2 is 200.

Holding back allows the ephemeral Teemo to double dip on the bonus shrooms from the second attack. Same formula holds true even at 1* power and no champion spells cast.

For relics, Galeforce is obvious, and I think Guardian Orb and Curator’s Gatebreaker are 2 and 3 but I’m not sure which order is best.

just looked up those last 2 items and holy lol. ugh I don't have either yet but my Teemo is still only around level 12 though. he's going to be an absolute monsters at 30 and with a full set of items

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Are you gonna smash my skull and breathe my blood-mist?
Yeah, Galeforce was free with completing the last event rewards track, but outside of that you’re stuck waiting for RNG and a miserable dupe system.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Gobbeldygook posted:

That's how it worked sometimes at some point but not anymore.
https://www.reddit.com/r/LegendsOfRuneterra/comments/evjv54/recall_a_unit_that_captures/
I thought I was a big brain genius last night for picking "capture strongest" on Katarina :downs:

At least you didn't big-brain grab Katarina with Teemo, smartly slap "restore mana on play" on her, then promptly eat 25 damage because unbeknownst to you she also has Nab on attack.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Picked Lux back up again and she's still great.

I think Cast Slow Spells x2 is her strongest ability, even moreso than 3 Spell Mana or Play Your First Card Twice. Because all her good spells as Slow anyways. Only downside is that you eat hits on Turn 1 if you don't want your unit to die / don't have a 2-cost to summon / want to bank some Spell Mana to cast a 6-cost spell on Turn 3.

Sorta wonder what Relics to give her, I gave her Rerolls and Everyone Has Overwhelm but the third one is a ??????, and if I pick up the Overwhelm power then Lux has no reason to ever see play in most scenarios.

I know people have beaten Sol with Lux so I'm trynna figure out what her optimal powers are. I've still only beaten Sol thrice and 2 of those don't count because they were Gwen (and Gwen doesn't count for rewards because Jinx already took the Wildcard prizes).

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Lux with Rally on Level Up and Stun all Enemies on Level Up is generally a free win on any game you can get her to level 2, along with all of the other free rally effects she provides. Spell mana is probably a bait because the rare power is just all around better if you can get it. Grand General's Counterplan for the free champ spell every turn, or Arcane Comet for the free 6 cost obliterate spell every turn are also both good just to give her recurring fodder to churn out Final Sparks with.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I think the issue is that if I'm summoning Lux it's to end the turn with her Overwhelm Relic giving all my units Overwhelm. My typical Lux turn plays out as...

1. Cast the 6-cost spell that gives +3/+3 to everyone (hopefully with Doublecast or Duplicate).
2. Get my mana back.
3. Summon Lux, give all my units Overwhelm.
4. Abuse Rally + overestat'd units to repeatedly bash the enemy in.

So I don't really have many fights where Lux levels up or whatever. Going Lux -> Spell is hard because until Lux has mana refill, I no longer have enough mana to cast a 6-cost spell right after playing her.

The only case where I can play Lux + a spell is if I have Doublecast and play multiple copies of that 3-cost spell that gives you a free Mana Gem, in which case I have a ton of mana to waste.

(Also I don't have the Obliterate Spell).

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
I beat ASol with this fairly trivially:

The rerolls are there because I forgot to swap them to anything else.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Huh, I do have 2 of those Relics but it never occurred to me to use 'em. I guess they fit the bill (6-cost slow spell), might actually use 1 copy. Thanks for the tip!

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Been getting back into PoC, they did a good job continuing the updates even if they didn't have time to add personal quests for every new character.

Hymn of Valor is also pretty good on a 2 star Varus even as his only item, been the only low level Runeterra region champ that I have not been struggling with so far.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Oct 31, 2022

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
Arcane comet is pretty good. Especially when hard removal is pretty much your only way to get enemies off the board.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Varus was the first Runeterra champ I could get to finish Galio's clear requirements which unlocked Aurelion, was remarkably easy at 2 star level 17.

phbr
Jan 6, 2013

The Vegetable of Doom

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Varus was the first Runeterra champ I could get to finish Galio's clear requirements which unlocked Aurelion, was remarkably easy at 2 star level 17.

Yeah, Varus feels incredibly strong, although it's a bit boring that one of the best strategies for him seems to be "cut Furious Wielder as soon as possible and never pick up any other spells" so you get Momentous Choice every turn.

I feel like they did a good job with the Champion power levels in the most recent batch, although I haven't tried TK yet and Teemo seems a bit reliant on having the right relics (but becomes ridiculous with them).

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!
i got asol down with a really fun varus ekko deck. i have the relics so varus when played refills spell mana. and i had the power so slow spells copy as well as the predict every turn power. i would level ekko and varus get both on board then start an ephemeral attack which refills my spell mana and it just chain reacted until i win.

i also jjust hit masters with varus panth. i played all sorts of stuff otw up. my favorite is zed hecarim then kaisa vayne but both are bad. i also didnt play a single seraphim game. they need to rotate ezreal out of the meta release eternal and put him on the first train out of the loving game. seraphim herself isnt a huge problem its when she combines with ezreal. the seraphim viktor decks are fair the ez seraphim ones arent.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!
I scored a one-card infinite damage loop in Colossus.

I am currently affected by an incredible bug. I wasn't playing LoR during the Corrupted event, so at first I didn't know what was going on when I got 5 Jax frags after completing an adventure, then 10 Master Yi frags after another, and 10 wild frags after 2*ing Jax. I submitted a bug report and continued enjoying my vacation with minimal LoR time, so it was a few days before I completed 5 adventures, got another 5 Jax frags, and realized all of the quests are infinitely firing for me.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!
thats nice though ide just spam it out so they all 3 star

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Gobbeldygook posted:

I scored a one-card infinite damage loop in Colossus.

I am currently affected by an incredible bug. I wasn't playing LoR during the Corrupted event, so at first I didn't know what was going on when I got 5 Jax frags after completing an adventure, then 10 Master Yi frags after another, and 10 wild frags after 2*ing Jax. I submitted a bug report and continued enjoying my vacation with minimal LoR time, so it was a few days before I completed 5 adventures, got another 5 Jax frags, and realized all of the quests are infinitely firing for me.

Same, Jax is 2 stars right now just from constant drip of 5 fragments for him over and over and over.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Wow that rules, wish I had that problem. I could use more Jax/Yi fragments.

Varus is pretty strong, especially with Akshan or Panth as your partner. Or even Jax.

Good poo poo.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

phbr posted:

Yeah, Varus feels incredibly strong, although it's a bit boring that one of the best strategies for him seems to be "cut Furious Wielder as soon as possible and never pick up any other spells" so you get Momentous Choice every turn.

I feel like they did a good job with the Champion power levels in the most recent batch, although I haven't tried TK yet and Teemo seems a bit reliant on having the right relics (but becomes ridiculous with them).

Tahm Kench is quite strong--his deck is good, but it almost doesn't matter because Tahm is basically just a ridiculous engine unto himself once you get star levels into him. His 1-star is just the "when one of your units survives damage, grant it +1/+1", which is extremely strong for him (and incidentally, since that power is common, you'll be able to pick up additional copies pretty easily). You just give Tahm regeneration (a common relic!) and then he eats something every turn, growing the whole time and becoming way too big for them to handle. Also, his two-star power is giving you a reduced-cost copy of stuff he eats, so you just never run out of minions to slam on the board. You almost don't need to bother with the other cards.

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
Got me Targon clear of A. Sol with Diana - her 3* is crazy good. I was OTK'ing every fight that didn't have the 30hp revive power. Then in the A Sol fight I didn't draw a single Diana or any of my many 'draw a hero' cards - it was still a blowout with just support Riven (and since pretty good powers).

Sucks when you get an incredible build-a-bear but never get to play it. That run had Entreat (2 mana - draw a hero) with 2x elixir of skill, but it hid when I actually needed it.
This is one of the more ridiculous cards I've made, but it was in a 1* adventure so it was entirely unnecessary.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The hosed up thing about the Legendary Revive power is that it fucks up Gwen's level-up conditions - if the enemy revives from the damage that Gwen deals, that damage isn't considered dealt so she doesn't level up.

It's never fully hosed me over because Gwen is just that insanely loving strong, but it is annoying cause it messes up my combo of Attack with Gwen > Level Up > Attack with EVEN BUFFER Gwen > Win and also heal to full HP.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I beat ASol T1 with Lux despite him having unyielding determination.
Due to getting basically every boon Lux could possibly want I attacked 3 times with a 3/2, a 3/3 and a 24/24. Had ASol played a creature T1 things might have gotten dicey but he didn't so boom, 90 damage.
So now Lux is my first level 30.

Also the difference between Master Yi with spellcraft and Master Yi without is staggering. One game I almost skipped perfected manaflow because most of my spells were free and nothing in my deck cost more than 4. (I cut that stupid Wingreaver)

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Nov 9, 2022

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:
https://twitter.com/PlayRuneterra/status/1588640065064140803

RIP Sera, Ezreal takes another one down, the Jinx buff is nice but I'm not sure is going to do anything. Glad to see Ionian tellstones got nerfed though.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
They updated with new Champs.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Leblanc 3* seems really fun, especially if you get the power that makes temporary stat boosts permanent. I think she'll be the one I use to do my quests.

Also I'm still mad that I don't have the "Hit Enemy Nexus on Summon" Relic, let alone two copies of it!

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Leblanc 3* seems really fun, especially if you get the power that makes temporary stat boosts permanent. I think she'll be the one I use to do my quests.

Also I'm still mad that I don't have the "Hit Enemy Nexus on Summon" Relic, let alone two copies of it!

:smug:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

God that's the dream, so loving much.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Megazver posted:

They updated with new Champs.
:pray:

:neckbeard:

Friendship ended with Monster Train now LoR is my best friend :v:

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
So far, Nasus has been a little underwhelming in PoC. His deck really wants you to be winning blocks, but the early drops that he comes with are too fragile to survive combats. In fact, the early drops feel more like they're meant to be a Renekton deck.

Aatrox has been a lot of fun, though.

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

I don’t feel like he’s the strongest of the new batch of champions, but the Aatrox deck is the most fun I’ve had with PoC since the mode relaunched. It’s got a great power fantasy when everything works right, but isn’t strong enough where it’s going to end many games in the first couple of rounds. The cost reduction on strike goes a long way into making him viable as a more expensive champ.

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
Yeah, the combination of cost reduction and healing built- in to the hero means you can take expensive cars that would usually be dead draws on other characters - and also a 6 mana hero being playable instead of a death sentence is great.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I know this thread is almost entirely PvE chat right now, so I'm just going to bring the OP path of champion power fantasy shenanigans into ranked PvP.

CICACAQFAYBQCBIBFAYQGBAFGU3DOAYGBEOSGKACAEDASBADAYCQGIBHAIAQCBIZAEDAKFA

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Dec 13, 2022

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

With Pyke I think we might have a new entrant into the 'worst champion' running.
Lurk doesn't work if the deck is unfocused and Pyke's 1* ability (Mariner's ruse on 2 creatures in your deck to start + 1 every time you get the attack token) is troll that stacks 3 of them on a single ally that already has lurk while the 5 creatures in your deck without it are sitting there ruining your deck consistency.
Also the card upgrades are optimistic, in the sense that they assume you're going to consistently hit lurk, to say the least (2 of the first 3 upgrades is giving overwhelm to 1 power lurk creatures). Pyke himself is pretty optimistic (deal 15 damage with a champion that starts with 1 power to level up) and Xerxa'th (or whatever its name is) is ridiculous. 5 drop with an ability that triggers at 8 power when it starts at 2 power. I have not once gotten that to trigger.
And Pyke's 2* star power (when one of your lurkers dies put a lurker that costs one more in your deck) does nothing to actually affect the boardstate.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

ChrisBTY posted:

With Pyke I think we might have a new entrant into the 'worst champion' running.
Lurk doesn't work if the deck is unfocused and Pyke's 1* ability (Mariner's ruse on 2 creatures in your deck to start + 1 every time you get the attack token) is troll that stacks 3 of them on a single ally that already has lurk while the 5 creatures in your deck without it are sitting there ruining your deck consistency.

I'm wondering if they should have phrased it as "give 2 units in your deck Lurk (+1 when you have the attack token), if all units have Lurk give them Mariner's Ruse instead". At least that way the existing systems to stop units from being given the same keyword multiple times would make the power actually function the way it's intended.

Suddenly Susan
Oct 21, 2003

I got Nasus to 3 stars and I am regretting it. His 3 star power (spawn a restored sun disk) does not work if he’s already in the board. Also, his deck looks like it was made for Renekton.

Aatrox has be great so far though.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Two starred LeBlanc and at the start of the next adventure I took the "get 10 level 2 champs" power without realising that would make every attack summon an ethereal copy of her :allears:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I switched my Annie playstyle to Scout + Warning Shots and I've been getting way more success than I did trying to keep Annie on the board.

If I have "Summon Ephemeral Copy" then that's 12 damage for 1 1-cost drop. If I managed to get a Luden's on Annie at level 29 (or was it 30?) then it'd be 20 damage for a 1-cost drop. And then two attacks of 7x2 damage (since Annie has 0 attack the Ephemeral doesn't die on its first attack).

That's a lot of damage! And you still have 1 mana left over!

Also I've been playing a lot of Leblanc and she works with so much poo poo. My current build is using her with Guardian Orb, cause it just stacks so many buffs on your cards. If you get the "recast buff on weakest ally" when you only have Leblanc on your board, then she'll get double the boost from your free spell, and created 2 copies of herself with her Mirror Image spell. And then create another copy on attack. If you have "summon Ephemeral version" as an item or a power on top of that, you'll be swimming in too many buffs to count! Once I gave my Leblanc Rally on Death and it was an infinite loop cause I'd attack and create a copy that would die and then create another copy and so on.

ZepiaEltnamOberon fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Dec 20, 2022

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I switched my Annie playstyle to Scout + Warning Shots and I've been getting way more success than I did trying to keep Annie on the board.

If I have "Summon Ephemeral Copy" then that's 12 damage for 1 1-cost drop. If I managed to get a Luden's on Annie at level 29 (or was it 30?) then it'd be 20 damage for a 1-cost drop. And then two attacks of 7x2 damage (since Annie has 0 attack the Ephemeral doesn't die on its first attack).

That's a lot of damage! And you still have 1 mana left over!

Also I've been playing a lot of Leblanc and she works with so much poo poo. My current build is using her with Guardian Orb, cause it just stacks so many buffs on your cards. If you get the "recast buff on weakest ally" when you only have Leblanc on your board, then she'll get double the boost from your free spell, and created 2 copies of herself with her Mirror Image spell. And then create another copy on attack. If you have "summon Ephemeral version" as an item or a power on top of that, you'll be swimming in too many buffs to count! Once I gave my Leblanc Rally on Death and it was an infinite loop cause I'd attack and create a copy that would die and then create another copy and so on.

Leblanc is so much fun and I almost picked Nasus instead of her really dodged a bullet there.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah it sucks that I don't have the Gatebreaker or whatever but there are plenty of ways to play her and plenty of powers that synergize with her, so she's great.

One run, I picked up this 1-cost unit that gave Lifesteal when Empowered at 3 ATK, and, well, that meant I never had HP issues except one fight against the Hard Poros in the new weekly map, where I had to use a revive cause I pulled Leblanc to late and used her Mirror Image on the wrong unit.

I've used her with Nasus and Kayle and Fizz and Pantheon (REALLY good with Pantheon for the same reasons as Vaus/Ornn). Never got to use her with Akshan yet cause Akshan refuses to show up for some reason. I think the jump from 2* to 3* is huge, because not having to spend any mana to cast the Burst spell makes it way more convenient.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
What the gently caress how many copies of this dude do I have in my deck.