Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Idk how I feel. I didn't have a problem with Noxus PnZ burn but Noxus allegiance was the kind of gameplay I didn't want the game to devolve into so I'm glad it got hit.

Heimer change: Huge change. No longer counters elusives which really confuses things.
Relentless pursuit: why this change now???? I expected it at some point but jeez.
Braum, eggnivia: Good changes. Braum was stupid and anivia's egg should be easier to kill.
Bookie: Biggest buff in the game's history? This is a real card now.
Rider: Needed a nerf for sure. Maybe it's the right one sure.
Disciple: This card was pretty insane.
Legion grenadier: This card wasn't really insane. I don't really like this change, this card was kind of fun.
Flash of brilliance: Sure I hated this play pattern.
Sump dredger: Sure maybe it'll be a real card now, probably not but idk.
Zaunite Urchin: Pretty neat card now. Nerf to that 2/4 bilgewater card.
Shadow assassin: LONG overdue.
Steel tempest: Overdue buff
Rivershaper: Good buff especially with stand alone dead.
Will of Ionia: The nerf I thought would never happen. Big deal.
Narwhal, fleet: Still bad and bad, sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
While I'm not upset about any of these individual changes I don't really like the overall direction. They've been very nerf heavy lately and I think it's going to make things feel more homogeneous. It seems like the overall power level of the game has decreased a lot since release.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

ShaneB posted:

jesus christ they hate aggro.

good.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

that's a funny way of spelling "short-sighted"

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
A lot of those nerfs might also be prepping for the new set coming in August

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Harrowing Noxus was overtuned and nerfing it is a good thing. Aggro being viable is good and necessary, but poo poo like crimson disciple + demolitionist giving you a decimate and 2 2/2 for 4 mana was not ok.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
When the gently caress

Are we getting Tahm Kench

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

If the datamining is accurate roughly over a month from now

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
:toot:

Do we know what his stats are?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

What's been datamined are voice lines and some graphical data indicating the region is Targon, and Kench was one of the identified voices. These were found a while back, I imagine the full design of the actual cards still wasn't/isn't done. I forget what the other new heroes were I just remembered TK because I like him.

Here's an article about it pre-Bilgewater: https://www.invenglobal.com/articles/10702/dataminers-find-champion-names-and-voice-lines-for-next-legends-of-runeterra-expansion

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ymg_oBNLyy0

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

How any wildcards and shards do y’all have saved up for new sets?

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

ketchup vs catsup posted:

Way too many. I've got like 90k shards and a billion wilds.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I crafted all of the commons and rares that I was missing so I would just start stockpiling shards from dupes since I already have hundreds of wildcards to put towards the next set

Hopefully we’ll hear something this week!

Hauki
May 11, 2010

ketchup vs catsup posted:

i'm sitting on 100k shards and about 150k shards worth of wcs, but i haven't really played in weeks now :effort:

i've also got uh, 21 unused expedition tokens

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
I have about 50K shards, 50K wildcard shards, and $40 ready for the next set.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
I've got about 87k shards, a ton of wildcards (including 18 champion, so I reckon I've got a good headstart on the next set) and 11 expedition tokens.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I ran into Fiora for the first time.

I don’t like Fiora.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

I got to use Purify on a 7/7 Rimetusk Shaman with Unyielding Spirit earlier. Probably my most satisfying Runeterra moment ever :cheers:

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I decided to reinstall hearthstone because they are doing a promo where new and returning players get a pretty good deck filled with competitive legendary and epic cards. I haven’t really played for years and wanted to check out stuff like the new class. Only thing is whoops, I played 2 games of their auto chess mode so I don’t qualify. Also all the sets I owned rotated out so like 90% of my collection is useless. It’s amazing how quick the game reminded me why I left it in the first place.

Meanwhile I completed everything in runeterra a month and a half ago, so even with me playing casually I had like 2 month to just stack up resources for the next set without paying anything.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I can appreciate a card game where getting a full collection isn't for whales and everyone can be on near equal footing when it comes to building decks and the back and forth interactions each turn with combat tricks.

I quit hearthstone for pretty much the same reason, if I wanted to play it free-to-play, I could maybe make 1 or 2 decks per expansion and spend the rest of my time being farmed by wallet whales.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

For the record when I went back to magic arena after set rotations I got updated legal decks for all the colors and the bunch of dailies scattered over a week that rewarded me with a duel color deck. The decks were terrible for the most part but giving me an excuse to play around with the new mechanics made me play heavily for like a week which is the point of having a returning players program.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://playruneterra.com/en-us/news/building-a-better-card-game-expansions-and-sets/

new set time :getin:

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
That structure makes it feel like they're really gunning for Magic Arena.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

CitizenKeen posted:

That structure makes it feel like they're really gunning for Magic Arena.

They already did by creating a digital card game with near-immediate mobile support that is easily playable for free or on an extreme budget, while also being entirely digital and therefore can constantly be altered to adjust for power level vs. outright bans.

Jul 20, 2006
New mechanic has been revealed: Spellshield.

https://twitter.com/PlayRuneterra/status/1293215598898548742

Pretty similar to Hexproof in MTG. Bit wary of that as it's a mechanic that reduces opportunities for interaction.

But I like the new cards giving Support a boost, should mean Support cards in other regions get a second look.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Spell shield is literally aegis for eternal which can be nasty because it can easily force 2 or 3 for 1.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
"Shen doesn't need a buff, because we've seen what's coming."

-Riot, probably

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

DrManiac posted:

Spell shield is literally aegis for eternal which can be nasty because it can easily force 2 or 3 for 1.

Aegis lasts until it's used, right?

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
Per Riotreddit:

quote:

Mountain Sojourners's text is out of date/ has been buffed:

Support: Grant my supported ally +2|+2. If it has Support, grant its supported ally +2|+2 and continue for each supported ally in succession.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Yup it lasts until a your opponent does something that affects that unit. If it’s a board wipe that unit is ignored and looses the shield.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

DrManiac posted:

Yup it lasts until a your opponent does something that affects that unit. If it’s a board wipe that unit is ignored and looses the shield.

This looks to be less powerful by far

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

So far, this seems a bit more narrow than Eternal Card Game aegis because the only card we know works "for one turn", but 3 mana burst to counter a removal spell seems fine.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Wow with these support and spell shield fiora is back baby

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

The preview for Taric is up on their YouTube. I forgot how lame his new voice is compared to the chill of the old one.

Oh but as a card he seems pretty good

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Was about to say his new voice is fine but holy poo poo those line reads for the card are bad. He’s a lot deeper/smoother in League itself.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

I think many of the champs that require more setup (that's not just easy setup like going Deep for Nautilus, for example) and aren't singularly powerful on their own are generally hard to evaluate realistically, and are likely easy to over-rate.

Something like Fizz or Lee Sin is frequently pretty crappy because you have to have other spells to make them enabled at all. Vlad requires other allies AND they have to synergize with getting pinged. Meanwhile a whole host of other Champs are just good on their own on curve, and just improve with synergy. Elise, Lucian, Draven, Fiora, Zed, etc.

All that being said, I'm not exactly down on Taric, I just think he's not individually that strong and could be fairly niche.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Unlike Lee Sin and Fizz Taric can still contribute to his own win condition, and building up a board of supports with Targon as a faction seems pretty easy. Taric can level up in a single turn if you have the right cards in hand and on the board.

Also Fizz and Lee Sin are inherently selfish designs, they don’t actually help you build board presence or keep other Units alive.

I think he’s closer to strength to Twisted Fate, a solid option for the decks he’s designed for but able to slot into a lot of decks without requiring the deck be built around him.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
https://twitter.com/playruneterra/status/1293940444951392262?s=21

Looks like Lulu is coming tomorrow.

Also, Swole Squirrel :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!
I feel like swain is the only champ that got a good companion card. He feels perfect with the 8 drop that fetches him. Its such a solid combo. No other champ with that ship companion gimmick feels even decent in comparison.