Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
I'm way behind the times on what champs can do it seems, the Liss fight was so touch and go with ASol that I just couldn't imagine anyone else doing it without a ton of luck. I had to fend off multiple "all your units become landmarks, I swing with a full board" turns by comboing the invoked "stun 2" spell with the main deck "stun 2" spell. I kept the invoked silence for the watcher so that wasn't too much of an issue but the thralls had elusive from somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Boo, I was patiently awaiting the final story adventures (for those champions that have campaigns), which I thought would unlock as I progressed, but turns it they don’t exist and by the sound of it they may never.

(Don’t care about the story, just wanted more vaults)

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Mar 7, 2024

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Attempted Liss with max level Morgana, using the "add seven copies of me, champ spells cost 1 less", "duplicate spells if you have six mana gems" and "create a fleeting copy of me in hand each turn" relics and got absolutely stomped.

Tried to go the top track for the mind meld as suggested, scraped a couple of wins but couldn't get past the "your opponent summons a full board of dogs per turn and they all scale infinitely" fight.

MuLepton
Apr 1, 2011

It's kind of a long story.
I haven’t run across the dog node yet, but I’ve seen Dan Felder (ex-Rioter, designed the Liss adventure) state that it’s one of the most difficult encounters and best avoided if possible. It seems that it might just be too aggressive for Morg.

In my Morg run, I didn’t go the top route because it had It That Stares, which hard counters Morg as well - starting turn 3, all its cards cost 0, including curses. So, avoid.

As for relics, I’d use Archangel‘s Staff (refill spell mana each turn) instead of Echoing Spirits. While ES probably ensures that you draw Morganna t1, it also increases the risk that you brick your hand in the early turns, and this is probably deadly. You need either some early blockers or cheap spells that target enemies. It’s not super important to have Morganna in hand t1 or even t5 as long as you can target enemies each turn to curse them.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
The superior version of Echoing Spirits is "close your game for 90 minutes if you didn't pull your champ in the initial hand and use an actually useful relic instead on your champ".

MuLepton
Apr 1, 2011

It’s really good on champs that have already fairly cheap champ spells and want to spam those. Yi and Ekko are probably the best users for it, since it can make their champ spells free and give you near infinite draw.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
I just tried using it on my maxed out Yi yesterday and it's kinda doodoo, IMO. The initial spell cast of Wuju Style will be 0 mana, sure, but then you don't have the mana to do the Twin Disciplines and the fleeting spells will clog your hand so you can't casting the free 0 spell that gets drawn over and over again. I'd rather use the Archangel's Staff/3 spell mana each round in that relic slot instead.

It might be a better fit for Ekko, in theory, but I suspect I'd rather use Archangel's Staff with him as well.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

does attack order matter for lifelink?

as in say an attack would bring a nexus to less than zero, but you have a big enough lifelinker to leave you at 1 after damage resolves. but if your life falls below zero before the lifelinker's damage resolves (they're blocking on the far right), do you lose or does the game wait to check until every attacker and blocker strikes?

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
The game ends the moment either nexus reaches zero health.

edit: in path this isn't technically 100% true because at some point they changed it so you can still top up your nexus health with lifesteal during an attack that has already killed the opponent's nexus

(I still always order my attacks with lifesteal first though, in case they ever change it back :v:)

Pilchenstein fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Mar 9, 2024

lightrook
Nov 7, 2016

Pin 188

Rinkles posted:

does attack order matter for lifelink?

as in say an attack would bring a nexus to less than zero, but you have a big enough lifelinker to leave you at 1 after damage resolves. but if your life falls below zero before the lifelinker's damage resolves (they're blocking on the far right), do you lose or does the game wait to check until every attacker and blocker strikes?

In PVP, yes, it absolutely does. In general, combat effects (i.e. on attack, on strike, etc.) will resolve from left to right, first in first out, so if your opponent has one big Lifesteal blocker, then it's a legit strategy to Challenge them with your last attacker on the far right, so your opponent dies to combat damage before lifesteal resolves, unlike, say, MtG where it all resolves simultaneously.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
What's a good relic loadout on LeBlanc these days? I got her to 30 before they nerfed the gatebreaker (lol) and I assume going from 3x gatebreaker to 2x gatebreaker + caulfield's is a trap.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Pilchenstein posted:

What's a good relic loadout on LeBlanc these days? I got her to 30 before they nerfed the gatebreaker (lol) and I assume going from 3x gatebreaker to 2x gatebreaker + caulfield's is a trap.

For Fun: Guardian Orb x3 (or x2 with something less random-y, like Stalker's Blade or Galeforce or Spellshield or Stats)
Every time you summon a Leblanc copy when attacking (or when you use her copy spell), you hand out 9 (or 6) Epic Items to your deck. The smaller the deck, the better. Very random, very fun.

Lost Chapter being nerfed to On Play sucks, it was a mainstay on my Leblanc.

Stalker's Blade is still good on Leblanc because it gives you an instant 5+ damage for Leblanc's level up requirements when she hits the field, and still remains useful even on her clones because it triggers On Summon (until Riot decides to nerf that too).

I wonder what Epic would be best on her.
Chosen By the Stars is actually not a bad idea since you get a free 0-cost targeted spell every turn.
Full Build is a handful of useful keywords.
Disciple of Shadows might be useful if you start with a power that summons units at the start of the game, cause then you could summon Leblanc even with 2 mana.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
I get good results with Stalker's Blade, Corrupted Blade Fragment and either Chosen By The Stars or, if you don't have that yet, Troll King's Crown.

You feed her her own clones (that you buffed with Sharpened Resolve) with CBF and she gets huge really quickly. After she gets more than 15 power you can use Mirror Image on her, pop out a clone who instantly strikes an enemy and disappears generating another Mirror Image, and do this until the enemy's board is gone. You're pretty much done when you get there.

TKC/CbtS is just there so that the enemy can't block you with trash.

MuLepton
Apr 1, 2011

I usually go Guardian Orb plus double Stalker’s Blade on LeBlanc. Gives you good board control plus (random) scaling.
If you have Spectral Scissors, the new epic that summons an ethereal copy of your champ‘s supported unit, you can get a full board of LeBlancs on attack, so that’s pretty strong; same goes for Nidalee.

phbr
Jan 6, 2013

The Vegetable of Doom
3*Guardian Orb is both "fun good" and "actually good", but yeah, the new Spectral Scissors is completely busted on her to the point that I feel like Riot will nerf this somehow

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

any suggestions on what to level to 3 stars first? it should effectively pay for itself since it'll get me a platinum vault and unlock the next series of quests.

mordekaiser might make the most sense, since he covers two regions and is a little underpowered, but he's also my least favorite champion of the bunch.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
My take: Jinx's third star makes her ping enemies too, which turns her from a burn champion to someone who can faceroll through nearly every challenge by going through her same routine without thinking. Lux makes her spells refresh all their mana, which just feels great and makes your "spend 6 mana, rally" turns that much more explosive. Yasuo gets a stun every round, which makes him way safer. Also, Tahm Kench may not be the best choice in general, but I love 3* Tahm Kench's whole "everything gets absurdly big via self-damage" strategy. Of those six, I'd probably recommend those four?

Illaoi I may be underestimating since jumping from Spawn 1 to Spawn 3 is big, but Mordekaiser... I'm saying this as someone who enjoys using Mordekaiser in PoC (and admittedly as someone who hasn't played with 3* Mordekaiser yet), but I don't think creating/ticking down Indestructible every turn instead of every other turn fundamentally buffs his game plan the way those first four champs do.

Lurks With Wolves fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Mar 12, 2024

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Jinx is my favorite, but also feels like she needs the help the least. But maybe I should just go for power.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Normally, I would suggest only leveling champs to 2 stars and waiting for vaults to unlock them to 3 stars. 2 stars is good enough for nine out of ten champs, if you have more champs to unlock.

If you have to do it for a quest, hmmm. Well, the ones you currently have are all pretty good at 2 stars and get even better at 3. Lux and Illaoi probably going to have the biggest power spike. If you can wait a bit, Taliyah is the champion who NEEDS three stars to be playable.

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

I'd do Jinx. It's nice to just have an "I win" in case a weekly or monthly challenge is too hard (other than ASol, and there are some challenges where she is better). She also wins super fast with 3 stars if you just need to get your daily wins done in 10-15 minutes. Yasuo I have a lot of fun with and he's almost as strong as Jinx (and, again, has scenarios where he excels). After those two I would probably wait and get others to two stars.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Rinkles posted:

Jinx is my favorite, but also feels like she needs the help the least. But maybe I should just go for power.

Jinx is the pick here, Diana later when you unlock her

Both of those at 3 stars are the I'm done with this a want to win button

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

in general i'm fairly impressed with the ai, but occasionally not so much

here it's casting crawling sensation (summon two spiderlings if an ally died) onto a full board

it probably had nothing better to do, so maybe this is their way of emulating sore losers players wasting everybody's time

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Mar 25, 2024

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah the AI's a loving sore loser it'll tap my Nexus with spells before it dies as a final "gently caress you" to me.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

It seems to struggle with Scout units too, there's been quite a few times where they could have blocked but didn't and just died for some reason.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Sloppy posted:

It seems to struggle with Scout units too, there's been quite a few times where they could have blocked but didn't and just died for some reason.

Personally, the AI is frequently dumb but that seems like it usually only happens when it triggers the part of their code that goes "I'm dead either way, don't bother with extra blocking". They could block the first swing, but then they couldn't block the second swing so why bother and etcetera.

(The AI's blocking in general doesn't quite make sense, but I get this specific part.)

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
The AI just rarely blocks the first swing from scout units I find.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

i think whether or not they chose to pay for their curses is also sometimes questionable

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

The daily quest now gives 5 fragments instead of 4. Fragment cap up to 200.

A few other changes including Champion deck buffs.

https://playruneterra.com/en-us/news/game-updates/patch-5-3-notes/

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Riot posted:

Players now revive with 100% health instead of 50% health.

Early Loss Powers:
  • Early Loss Powers now only trigger when losing an adventure without winning 1 encounter (was previously 2 encounters).
  • Early Loss Powers are now a selection of random common powers and allow for rerolling your options, instead of being a fixed set of 3 powers.
Thank gently caress.

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Are you gonna smash my skull and breathe my blood-mist?
Some of the deck upgrades are a bit dubious, but overall I’m glad to see the mode finally getting some attention.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Lovin' the Ornn upgrade, shoulda been 0-cost from the start.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Lovin' the Ornn upgrade, shoulda been 0-cost from the start.

Not taking up a board slot is the main draw for me tbh

MuLepton
Apr 1, 2011

You just have to remember not to attack with a full board once he’s leveled now.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Finding myself with paralysis as to which champ to get an epic slot on. I've got most of them up in the 20s, who did you guys do first? Doing it on Yasuo or Jinx seems like a waste since they're OP already, what champs really benefit from the boost?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I don't have any Epic relics yet, but looking at the list, this one seems tailor made for Mordekaiser, who could really do with a power boost and speed up.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Sloppy posted:

Finding myself with paralysis as to which champ to get an epic slot on. I've got most of them up in the 20s, who did you guys do first? Doing it on Yasuo or Jinx seems like a waste since they're OP already, what champs really benefit from the boost?

Depends on what relics you already got.

This might help:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15x4JsSIZ1dsAHW91y-uKt9BZIiWuNOoTIj9jZow220c/edit#gid=0

(It's not up to date on all the relics, but close enough.)

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Are you gonna smash my skull and breathe my blood-mist?
Not all epic relics are really game changers. Your best bet for a first unlock is just seeing what you have and who might benefit from it the most. For example, I think just about everybody has Chosen By the Stars. CBTS has amazing synergy with Master Yi and might be best in slot for him. Jinx and Yasuo don’t really have an epic relic that’s any better than the available rares for them, so I probably wouldn’t prioritize them.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rinkles posted:

I don't have any Epic relics yet, but looking at the list, this one seems tailor made for Mordekaiser, who could really do with a power boost and speed up.

This is gamechanging for Yuumi. She gets all the benefits without the drawbacks (the damage to your units), and with the 2 free Poros you get at game start she starts out at 1-cost. Goes down to 0-cost if you have a power that also creates units or if you summon a 1-cost or 2-cost unit.

This + Scout relic on Yuumi is fantastic, and if you manage to get Pouty Poro (Tough/Overwhelm/Regen when at least 3 Power) then you get an insanely tanky and Scouty unit that just gets stronger with each turn.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

without the drawbacks (the damage to your units)

What do you mean? The units she’s not attached to still get hit, no?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MuLepton
Apr 1, 2011

No, that part of the relic just doesn’t trigger, since it’s on “play” and attaching her doesn’t count as playing her (onto the board).