Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Tenacious J posted:

Does anyone know if the starter bundle is good value? I'm seeing some conflicting ideas online.

I decided to buy 1000 coins because I like the game and I tend to only buy stuff like this once so I need to make them last.

According to Swim, it is good if you are planning to play shadow isles, damacia or frost dudes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

If you have 6 units in play, is there any way to replace one with another or do you absolutely need one to die first?

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

No Wave posted:

Only navori conspirator and similar units do this. Normally there's no way.

Yeah that's what I thought. I learned this the hard way when I used my spare 1 mana to play a 1/1 hawk as my 6th unit instead of saving the spot for a beefy dude next turn.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I went 7-1 on my first try with a Damacia-ionia deck. I had 3 Luxes with lots of medium/big spells.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

There is that 3/3 that silences if you played a spell.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Are quests messed up? I have one one to play champs from Nox or P&Z and somehow it is getting done even though I haven't played any of those.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

The only thing I don't like so far is that as a "Johnny" player I can't really try anything fun with the cards I have. I don't want to craft stuff that might end up being useless either.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I guess that's true, this is the best time to make bad decks before the meta gets solved.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Yesterday I had an amazing game where my opponent's Fiora was at 3/4 so I couldn't play any small followers. I managed to get two big guys into play (elusive and overwhelm) and swung for enough damage over two turns, even after Fiora's lifesteal. Game's good.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

If an overwhelm attacker would kill a player but the blocker has lifesteal does the player lose?

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

How important is it to draft for a curve?
I've only drafted like 4 times but my take is that while it's not as important as in HS or MTG since there's spell mana, you still want some early and midrange allies to apply pressure and not be stuck with a bunch of late game bombs.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I used a detain on my own Garen to keep him alive from the spell that destroys everything. I felt pretty good about that play.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Maybe it only gets deleted if the board is full when it gets released.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I tried to run a cat-astrophe expedition deck with almost no duplicates and the results were... well... catastrophic with 0 total wins.

Also, I've been trying a Yasuo/Nox deck but I've had mixed results. I don't know if it's just really bad luck because I've had too many games where I never draw him or where I get really crappy hands, like having all 3 denies sitting in there without any worthwhile targets.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Kinkou lifeblade doesn't seem worth it to me now. The 2/2 that draws a card is better and cheaper.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I don't think mentor is dead, you still need it if you are also playing conspirators. Unless you happen to have another better thing to bounce such as a hawk.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

You usually get more cards from the region you level up.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Since I got 2X Ezreal I crafted one more and started experimenting. First I started with SI for all the the targeted removal but it became too SI oriented, so I moved on to Lux + Ezra, I really like it so far. Demacia obviously doesn't have that many enemy-target spells but Lux basically completes Ezreal's condition on her own and the Demacia buffs work really well with elusives.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I spent like $15 and I've been able to craft most of the decks I've wanted to play. Definitely worth it.

Monathin posted:

What's your deck look like, compared to guts and bolts'?
From what I can tell I basically run a completely different set of followers.

3X Ezreal
3X Lux
3X Thermogenic beam
3X Mageseeker conservator
3x Eager apprentice
3X Mystic shot
2X Single combat
2X purify
3X amateur aeronaut
3X Laurent bladekeeper
2X riposte
3X static shot
2X detain
2X radiant guardian
2X trueshot barrage
1X progress day

I still haven't tested it that much TBH but here's a bit of my rationale:
-Funsmith: Too slow. I might try a couple at some point though, because sometimes you do need the extra punch.
+Mageseeker: You want to play Ez at 3, and you also want to start casting his shots ASAP, so this gives you an early body for "free".
+Bladekeeper: Goes well with elusives and he can get your Ez out of range of most direct damage spells.
+Riposte and single combat: Still not sure about these, but riposte is just a really strong card in general and SC gives you another targeted spell.
+Radiant guardian: Another solid card, works well with bladekeeper as well.
+Progress day: haven't tried it yet but sometimes you run out of cards. I was between this and the guy who discards your hand but since this is a spell I went with it to activate Lux.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I have a similar deck which is a bit slower, it's pretty fun.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

What I like the most about limited formats is that you get to play against things other than the strongest netdecks over and over again. In digital TCG constructed formats it often feels like playing the meta is way more important than playing the matches themselves.

I think the main problem is that FTP competitive systems encourage you to play for the reward rather than for the "fun" so everyone just gravitates towards the path of least resistance.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I've been playing a self damage Fjord/Nox deck and while it may not be the best it is really fun.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I get a lot of enjoyment out of building decks and tinkering so I don't like to be limited by the card sales, especially when some archetypes require very specific champs.
On the side of slowing down the meta I think it is a double edged sword because on one side it does slow down the meta but it also slows down the counter-deck development.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Buckwheat Sings posted:

Vlad and his vamp crew doesn't feel competitive but its really fun and I'm not quite sure why.

I've had pretty decent results with a Vlad/Braun/ deck. Although I do mostly play normal so maybe that's why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

When were the new cards added? I haven't played in like 2 months.