Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Man. Anivia seems like a stupid good card in expeditions. I got to 7 wins in my first expedition almost entirely based on her, and then lost my second expedition to being put against her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Monathin posted:

Either Bilgewater or Bandle City will be my bet. I wonder if they'll shuffle Teemo to Bandle City when they eventually release it and put a new P/Z champ in his place. There's plenty of other champs that work there.

It's more likely they'll make another Teemo card for Bandle City. There's a whole bunch of Teemo-specific cards in Piltover/Zaun that would be left drifting in the wind if he straight up left.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

njsykora posted:

I believe Draven is also on the Noxus council, so that's 2 of the 3 in the game. Tryndamere and Ashe are literally King and Queen of the Freljord, so that fits even if the other faction leaders aren't there (and it seems more and more like Sejuani, Lissandra and Volibear are being grouped as a single faction). Piltover and Zaun are really difficult ones but I'd say Camille is probably the closest to a hard leader for Piltover since she's the head of one of the great families (though I'd wager Caitlin would get in before her just for her link to Jinx), and Urgot is probably the biggest and scariest guy in Zaun which is what really matters there (Blitzcrank's League banrate notwithstanding).

I don't think you can have Bilgewater without both Gangplank and Miss Fortune, they are constantly linked in the same way Lucian and Thresh are.

Now Shurima is the one no-one's really talked about and that opens up people like Azir, Taliyah, Nasus, Renekton, Xerath, Skarner, Sivir and Rammus (ok) and is arguably more visually interesting than another grimy urban region.

The Noxus council is Darius, Swain, and LeBlanc. Draven is too cool for politics.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I don't see the point in an honor system in a 1v1 game. Either you have an unlimited amount of honors per game in which case you'd just give one to anyone that wasn't intentionally roping you or you have a limited amount in which case choice paralysis sets in.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

If a game is open to the public, you can spend money on it, and everything you do now will carry over for the rest of the game's lifespan, I don't think you can call it a beta.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

What, you don't like having to attack with a character that A) doesn't want to do and B) has the text 'can only be blocked by things that would kill me anyway'?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Arena Bookie is there to provide amusing quotes when played with the gladiators.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Leona is currently considered one of the best supports in the game.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Lord_Magmar posted:

Leona in League is a good support, Leona in Legends of Runeterra is kind of awkward because daybreak in of itself is just not a strong enough tempo deck (which is what it kind of wants to be).
Ah, blargle, wrong thread, my bad.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

In the event I wished to make a deck for my favorite champion currently in this game, Diana, should I add in Shadow Isles for Nocturne and/or stay in Targon with Aphelios?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

It checks in between each attacker yes.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Asol is incredibly popular for basically everything but his actual in-game gameplay, and Kalista, Taliyah, and Lissandra are all vitally important for their respective regions stories (plus their abilities working well in a card game setting).

Not sure why Taric's here, but I'm glad he is.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Are there even enough Ixtal champions to make an entire region out of?

Like, Qiyana, Malphite, and...is Nidalee Ixtal?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Well if it gives me a Neeko card I'm down for Ixtal.

Neeko is best decision.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Curses, my Diana/Aphelios deck was nerfed due to Zoe/Aphelios.

More reasons to hate Zoe, I suppose.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Hey additional Daybreak cards, that's nice. Was kinda expecting them to ignore that mechanic going forwards.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

One of those cards needs 6 lurks to activate, and the other needs 7. How often are they expecting lurks to go off?

Maybe I'm just not understanding the mechanic right, but I feel like if you're attacked 6-7 times and the opponent is not dead, they probably have enough board presence or removal to not care that much.

I mean, Rek'sai is a 3 mana 3/6 with upside which is insane. Oh, lol, I just noticed the Round End trigger, never mind.

I might get clowned on, but I feel Riot is vastly overestimating how easy it is to get lurk triggers.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Alitur posted:

You get +2 triggers when Rek'sai is on top of the deck, and if you high roll a bit, can get +3 when she attacks, as long as there is second one on toonof the deck. With thing like Boneskewer and Call the pack, you can do this fairly reliably. If you high roll and get the +3/+1 card, you can't get a 3 mana Darius and, with teased Bilgewater 1 mana and 8 mana lurks, along with Pyke who'll also lurk, you will have 30 cards with lurk in a deck. This is fairly consistent.

Okay, so I was misunderstanding the mechanic, nevermind.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Khorne posted:

my main problem with the lurk design is it only interacts with lurk so you effectively end up in one of two situations:

(1) lurk is useless and maybe one or two cards with it are good on their own

(2) lurk is playable but the deck builds itself because you're just mashing all the lurk cards together

and neither is particularly interesting longterm. although lurk looks fun to play for now at least provided it's good

One redeeming thing is the lurk keyword isn't valuable so they can just toss it on random stuff.

That's nothing new to this game, honestly. See also: Daylight, Nightfall.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Elnuk tribal continues to exist for some reason.

I'm going to want to find a deck that makes Glorious Evolution work.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

It's always fun when they try to remove your unit but you sacrifice it with a fast effect first. No one can kill my units but me.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

At least it's a big landmark for Taliyah to copy.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Reckoners are the people that fight in the Noxian arena.

Plenty of minotaurs fight in the arena because I think they are/used to be slaves used for fighting in the arena.

For example, Savage Reckoner is not a minotaur.

Hellioning fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jul 13, 2021

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Onmi posted:

So our Targon hero is definitely Pantheon, and we've got from a leak another Bandle/Noxus Yordle, so hopefully it's Keld, people suspect Rumble though.

Fated is the first time I am targeted by a friendly card each round, give me +1/+1

Rumble is, IIRC, now connected with Shurima.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Onmi posted:

You might be thinking of Ziggs, Rumble is Bandle City. People suspect Rumble is being moved to Noxus due to this Facebook leak.

It makes no sense for Rumble to BE in Noxus, but people believe the Follower is one of his.

I meant lore wise, though I did forget that Ziggs did get moved over to shurima for I assume game design reasons (Ziggs likes to blow things up, monuments are things to blow up, Shurima is one of the two big monument factions).

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

It's not great, no. There are very few companies where both 'Arcane is the canon lore and Riot just hasn't gotten around to properly updating champ backgrounds and the like yet' and 'Arcane is not canon lore and Riot just hasn't bothered explaining that yet' are equally likely options but Riot pulls it off.

There's legitimately some good writing here but it's basically impossible to keep track what is and is not canon. Hell I still don't think they've ever clarified of yordles use glamour to hide or not in the canon even though Legends of Runeterra and Arcane both have yordles living openly.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Nope, they broke up. And then they retconned both TF being able to survive a breakup with Eve, Eve willing to be in a relationship in the first place, and TF being in a relationship with anyone besides Graves.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

1stGear posted:

The best thing Riot could do from a brand management standpoint is to say Arcane/Ruined King/the MMO are their own distinct canon and LoL/LoR are a dfferent canon. Cause if people really love Arcane's versions of Jinx and Vi and log in day one of the MMO to find League's versions, you're going to have a bunch of disappointed fans. This also lets those teams take their own cracks at things like the Ruination or the restoration of Shurima or Burning Tides.

I mean LoR is already contradictory to LoL canon in a lot of ways (see: yordles existing as yordles).

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Awesome! posted:

are they making a league mmo?

They are. It's very very preproduction though so we know nothing apart from the fact they're working on it.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Clarste posted:

He's been gone for years so shouldn't looking at WoW answer that by now?

Yeah Ghostcrawler's crime was being the most well known developer so all problems were blamed on him.

Also being a part of Blizzard's lovely workplace harassment culture, though I'm not sure if we've proved if he actually participated or just knew about it and said nothing. Either way!

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

If nothing else Riot has not actively hired a war criminal to defend themselves from the allegations.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Whitenoise Poster posted:

As far as I seen, the amount of material that shows Yordles being Yordles outnumber things that show Yordles having to hide by like 100 to 1.

Things that have Yordles using glamor to hide the fact they are Yordles: That one comic with Heimadinger, Zigs and Jinx.

Things that have Yordles just walking around normal people: LoR, Arcane, every single LoL animation, Ever single LoL Lore Universe story I have personally read or watched a Necrit video about, LoL itself. The exactly one other comic I've seen taking place in Ionia.

There's also a Tristana story that indicates that people see her as a tiny old woman until she starts rocket jumping around, and Poppy's lore in general indicates that either Demacia has relaxed its 'no magic' rule for her or she's hiding her true nature.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I am slightly baffled by their decision of regionless cards, but whatever.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

What they removed was the 'cast/play' distinction, not the 'play/summon' distinction.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Yeah that origin isn't great. Jhin gives you a bunch of deckbuilding decisions, Bard...doesn't.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I imagine he is intended to be paired with freljord or ionia handbuff decks, can you go Region/Region/Bard or is it strictly Region/Bard?

The latter, the origin counts as a 'region'.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Well I got 4 champions from my vault this week so clearly it wants me to play one of those...but I don't like any of them.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

CitizenKeen posted:

So in the new POC, you mostly gain shards by doing new stuff, but you can only do new stuff with people with stars... I feel like you reach a point where you've got champs who are 1 star who can't get more stars because they just need to grind levels, but levels don't equate to stars. Am I missing something?

You get shards from quests, including daily quests.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

If you need any more confirmation that Riot took people off the LoR team suddenly and the LoR devs had to figure out what they were going to do with much less staff, this is it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Is Samira coming? Coin seems like a Samira thing.

EDIT: Oh wait it's a Sett thing.

It could also be a Samira thing.