Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Lord_Magmar posted:

You get a champ with your first expedition each week guaranteed, and you get a free expedition token no matter your vault level.

Isn't the token at level 10? It doesn't upgrade any chests, so I believe that's where it's at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile
I've found a correlation between going 7-0 and Teemo. Any deck with 2 or more Teemos has gone 7-0, while I've yet to go 7-0 with a deck that does not have any. Granted, my sample size is small but I don't care, because Draven's voice line when you play a Teemo is "What the gently caress is that?"

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

Ezreal is Ez in Expeditions

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile
It'd make most Elusive units real bad™.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

Lord_Magmar posted:

I was listing examples of things that answer a 2 mana 2/1 with elusive (which is not very hard to do). I'm pretty sure if a 1 mana 1/1 is answering a 2 mana creature I'm ahead on that as far as resources spent. Every faction has somewhere between a 1 and 3 mana answer to Greenblade Duo, a few of them have several answers to Greenblade Duo.

Just because Elusive is the current good cool deck does not mean it's going to be so for ever, the game is a week out, people are still building collections and it turns out that Elusives (and Dawnspiders) are really good at low collection numbers. Which is arguably healthy for the game, if you can guide people to nice cheap to build decks that they can start with as they build up their collection.

The real benefit is that Elusive being popular means I don't have to deal with Teemo decks ever, because Elusive being popular makes Teemo super poo poo to play.

His point is that you seriously suggesting a 1/1 elusive for 1 as an answer indicates there is a problem as a 1/1 elusive for 1 is awful in every other circumstance except blocking a more expensive x/1 elusive and is as such an awful card to include in your deck, unless you expect to only face decks with a plethora of x/1 elusives.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Pretty sure it's 3 a week, even if you use a token for entry.

This. The first 3 expeditions you do each week needs payment and give you a Champion plus currency, while every expedition after those first 3 don't cost anything and don't reward you anything beyond XP. It's a great system, because it means I don't have to constantly pay to play limited, which is the only game mode I'm interested in until my collection is bulked out. As long as you max out the vault each week, you'll have enough currency to do the three paid expeditions every week, provided you don't completely tank all three paid runs.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

Ezreal is good in expeditions.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile
Pure Zaun, whether Ezreal or Teemo focused, have been my most consistent winners. Both get you access to buckets with all the removal and elusives to pressure while killing everything threatening.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

hit button posted:

I agree this sounds more like PR speak about resources being assigned away from the game, but focusing on the areas that the game is good at should only be a positive for its longer term health.

It clearly isn't very good at being the PvP card game when the other big (and some small) PvP card games dominate it in terms of players and viewers, so doubling down on it doesn't seem like a move that'll help it's long term health.

In any case, cutting a large portion of the devs working on the game is not a good sign for either PvP or PvE, no matter how they try to reframe it as "refocusing".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile
Yepp, every time you level a champ you get a rocket and the game adds 10 champs, then levels them. It’s pretty silly.