Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Hey I just started playing this game like three days ago, mostly doing expeditions and gently caress Fiora and all the cards that enable her god drat bullshit.

Also, again just three days of play, but am I crazy or does this game extremely hate "fair" decks that just drop your strongest dudes exactly on curve? Like even in expeditions people are doing wacky rear end combos that murder me if I'm not doing wacky rear end combos back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

I was thinking more in expeditions but thanks for all the deck suggestion guys.

Though I wondering if I'm ever going get to try them before I rage quite because HOLY poo poo is everything in this game more infuriating then Hearthstone every was. Just absolutely jaw dropping bullshit every other game.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

How long are they going to take to add all my void boys in.

Also on a similar but not exact same point, it's really funny to me personally that with the heroes in the game so far they have none of the ones i used to play back when I played league.

Also they apparently went buck wild on the lore since I quit.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Playing nothing but the fastest aggro decks I know of specifically so the big dragon lad players can't have any fun.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Hearthstone was full of those types of (warrior) decks and my only solace is that those guys would queue into eachother and have 1 hour long games that went into draws.

LoR desperately needs an armor mechanic so I can go back to my old ways of building decks designed to simply play forever.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

The f2p in this is insane.

Only other cardgame I played was hearthstone. I grinded that game like it was my job AND spent more than 200 dollars on the piece of poo poo. After all that I still had a fraction of the cards I needed to make any of the decks I wanted. Getting legendaries was nearly impossible. I never got to experiment with more than two or three decks. And then they added rotations and I lasted about another month before I quite, having never got to touch half the fun cards in the game.

In this game I spent like two weeks doing budget versions of decks before I had enough cards to make real decks. I have nearly every single champ in the game right now. I spent Zero dollars and after the initial burst of excitement when I first started playing I don't even play that much and still have almost everything.

Like some of it was probably luck, I kept getting chests with two champs in it way more than seems likely but still.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Every single aspect of hush is fine with one exception because there a ton of annoying cards that need to be told to shut the gently caress up.

But WHY does it make more if itself? That is insane. Like imagine if deny or will made more of themselves. Like was lasting only one turn such a huge downside to them they thought that was the trick to make it balanced?

Anyway been having fun with the hostage deck. Did you know the match automatically ends in a tie if it lasts 90 minutes?

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

srulz posted:

LOL people are actually willing to sacrifice their own precious 90 minutes just to "make a stand" on a mobile card game of all things? That is so funny & sad at the same times.

Now, in my defense, I don't care about the intended message or whatever I'm just a Fatigue Warrior hearthstone player.

Extremely sad that they hotfixed it before I got to try it instead of just telling people I did. Looking forward to Soraka being added to the game though.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

I still can't believe riot just lets me have every single card for free.

I grinded LoL and Hearthstone like it was a job and dumped cash into them and still never got even a third of the content in the games. Yet here I am casually playing LoR for a few months and now can gently caress around with any deck that gets popular or stupid gimmick I see.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Pro-tip: Out of the way makes the loaded dice buff permanent. Meaning for the rest of the game you nab a card every single time you damage the nexus.

I'll play this 20% winrate deck I made until I finally get a mill win, this I swear.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

I stared in horror as a streamer uploaded a video of another nightmare all in immortal Fiora deck and was quickly relived when a different streamer uploaded a video of a deck based around Ionia's recall cards to make your opponents units just disappear. The Yin and Yang of cards games.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

The next balance patch needs to make a typical LoL preseason patch look short in comparison god drat. I want the war and peace of card nerfs.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Fiora is the best card in the game on account of being in a tier one deck for like 13 of the last 15 patches. Beaten only by that son of a bitch Twisted Fate.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

TF 100% needs to be nerfed because he's been in like four different tier one decks. Every single time people/developers go "oh tf isn't the problem, it's these other cards." so they nerf the other cards and tf just moves to a new deck. He can't keep getting away with this!

And so is that awful women with the suh-ward. Fiora consistently warps the meta around her, though not as badly as she managed to get kicked off the upper tier list once or twice in older expansions. But she needs at least a little tap down.

And don't get me started on TARGON. Not only is it an extremely strong region, it's extremely strong AND SLOW. It's the Monopoly of regions. You know who won five turns into the game but it's going to take another 30 minutes to actually end because of how much time you spend choosing from your massive region exclusive sideboard and healing. I'm tired of hearing streamers going "okay, time to entertain my audience by trying to work on a new viable deck/mess around with a meme deck. Oh hey this purple region I'm fighting against is uh, kinda strong huh guys, welp hit that surrender button and go back to fix up this deck. drat, It'll be way better if if I gut half of it and just put the targon cards and aphelios in it, again. Time to end the stream early because I'm sick of playing 40 minute targon games from either end."

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Every ten games or so I like to play a game or two with one of the king meta decks just to taste them a bit before the nerfs hit. And out of the three I swear I surrender winning games with the targon aphelios deck constantly. It feels like I'm doing chinese water torture by giving myself a little cut for every drop I want to hit the other dudes head. At least tf/fizz and shen/firora are relatively quick and fun to play.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

CitizenKeen posted:

I'm seeing tons of Malphite/Taliyah in ranked Gold. Is she not rising up now?

38 percent win rate or lower depending on the deck lmao

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Sick expansion.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Last time, on LoR-Z

Whitenoise Poster posted:

We can't stop them! We are being overwhelmed by tokens! Someone save us!

Today

Hon hon hon oui oui bonjour time to count to four

Also I think landmarks should of had like, a new row added behind the unit bench to put them on, although I know that would never actually happen with the game being tied to the ball and chain of mobile devices.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Nice meta blizz.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

For more context, let's look at the last few bad metas.

Go hard

Lee sin/Plaza duo nightmare. Despite the bitching looks like it might of been the most balanced recent period lmao.

loving Aphelios

A bunch from the rise and fall of TF/Fizz till The Big Dog Meta.

Every meta is twice as bad as the last lmao.

Also, this is important. Go look back at the first one I posted with Azirlia. That is the smallest "Other" has ever been as far as I can tell.

Wait never mind. The Big Dog, also made "Other" decks down to a 23% slice. And we all love thresh/Nasus right?

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Irelia Azir has TWICE the play rate of TF/Fizz had and only 1(one) percent less win rate. And Thresh/Nasus was only two percent behind being twice the playrate lmao with similar winrate.

Whitenoise Poster fucked around with this message at 05:47 on May 25, 2021

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Lmao five of the biggest streamers just dropped the game.

Nice patch riot

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Mogwai, BBG, and Alanzq have all either tweeted or said on stream they're moving on to different games and swims extending his vacation another two weeks. That's only four so miss count on my part. But even all the smaller content creators and the high level tournament people with social media are so pissed lmao

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome! posted:

bbg is playing runeterra right now

when he streams league he gets like 1/4 the viewers as lor

Like he says here, he wasn't prepared for it to be this bad and needs time to find a new game.

https://m.twitch.tv/clip/BlatantObliqueLatteKAPOW-nvpboT0i7dFaj2r1

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Someone should tell riot there are things keywords can do besides adding +1 or more to a stat.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Just smashing together all the yeti and elnuk cards. Sending in all these medium big sized dudes.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

It's really funny to me, that after all the nerfs and other changes to the game. Thresh/Nasus and Irelia/Azir have got themselves STILL in tier 1 in the current tier lists.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

loving AZIR IRELIA IS EVERYWHERE AGAIN.

NINE OF MY LAST TEN GAMES.

It's still so loving strong holy poo poo.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

No balance changes lmao

Small indie company please understand

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Unfortunately Tristana is just worse Poppy and Lulu. Every time someone makes a deck around her she gets dropped for one or both of the other two. Maybe if the next set has more multi region followers and pay offs. I think they made a big mistake of making her and Poppy way way to similar so whoever is slightly better just beats out the other for your limited champ slots.

If you don't have any of Poppy you could just make her bandle tree deck and just switch her out for Trist. Cause that deck already has most of the multi region gimmick cards.

CEBQQBIKAF2IIANGAGTQDLYBYIA4MAIBAIBQSAIBAM3QEAICAYXAGBIKFGMADQABAIAQKCVAAEAQGAYN

Whitenoise Poster fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Sep 4, 2021

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

So I I saved these images months ago because I thought it be fun to look at here but this thread was so dead dead I figuered I just let it lay. But with new content coming and a new champ and a few posts I might as well now.

These are the results of a poll on reddit and passed around a few other places about what champs not currently in the game players are most excited to see added. I think it'll be fun to compare what the fans want vs. what order we get them in.

It's divided by how they are divided in the LoL regions for I assume convenience.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

I only ever completed a single full run of the single player stuff. Every single time after I quite after one or two matches because it bores the poo poo out of me. Tried to force myself to play this new one for like two hours because it has a bunch of free cards/shards attached to it and I just can't. It's a miserable dull slog.

I guess us pvp playing subhumans can go gently caress ourselves. Sorry mister Riot I won't ask for you to balance your game ever again.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Aren't the PvP and PvE stuff done by separate teams so PvE stuff doesn't impact PvP stuff.

They say that but anyone with eyes can see they are lying out their rear end considering balance changes slammed into the pavement right around the time the pve would of started development and the card design itself got worse as well.

This isn't just for this game either. Any time a company says "uhhh us doing this thing at the same time this other thing got worse are not related we got different teams working on things" is lying right to your face. Money makes you lie worse then crippling drug addiction.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

God drat I don't usually post about "Game I just played" but I never played a game where I could FEEL such second hand rage in sympathy for the guy I was beating down.

I was playing this Jayce shadow isles deck (https://runeterraccg.com/decks/z_uxpzaed33r/) vs this poor Poppy Zed spammer and I managed to play SIX of the six mana "Drain 5 health" cards thanks to the little dude who generates six costs cards.

I was down to one hp TWICE. The poor dude had to be seething.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGr0BKrZk20

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

If the game lasts that long lmao

they couldn't even get a full 700 people in masters.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Hellioning posted:

I mean LoR is already contradictory to LoL canon in a lot of ways (see: yordles existing as yordles).

As far as I seen, the amount of material that shows Yordles being Yordles outnumber things that show Yordles having to hide by like 100 to 1.

Things that have Yordles using glamor to hide the fact they are Yordles: That one comic with Heimadinger, Zigs and Jinx.

Things that have Yordles just walking around normal people: LoR, Arcane, every single LoL animation, Ever single LoL Lore Universe story I have personally read or watched a Necrit video about, LoL itself. The exactly one other comic I've seen taking place in Ionia.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

I have no idea if this makes it actually faster or just feel faster but the region rewards tend to have the better rewards every four levels so if you rotate on a four level bases you'll pull in more cards and champs.

Also getting your weekly vault to at least level ten for the wildcard

Hellioning posted:

There's also a Tristana story that indicates that people see her as a tiny old woman until she starts rocket jumping around, and Poppy's lore in general indicates that either Demacia has relaxed its 'no magic' rule for her or she's hiding her true nature.

Yeah I figured there must be a few stories I missed. But it's still like one of the most inconsistent lore things in the entire, uh, lore. I feel like a full half the writers really like the idea and the other half really hate the idea. Or someone up top feels one way and the people under him feel the other.

Whitenoise Poster fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Jan 18, 2022

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

The attached card mechanic ignores silences, ignores freezes, ignores transformation effects, always return to your hand unless you use obliterate.

I'm in awe. Riot says if you don't have Bandle City cards in your deck you are a loving idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Also I really really love this because during his stream him and the guests spent like 30 minutes arguing it could not possibly work like this. That it obviously would be too broken even for Riot to do.

Lurks With Wolves posted:

If it helps, they've confirmed it doesn't actually ignore Frostbite.

small mercies at least.