Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

BGrifter posted:

A guide put me on to battling an alt and auto conceding for some free bonus XP every day too.

Got a link to that guide?

I've been trying to do it via emulator but I keep getting a version mismatch error.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

goferchan posted:

Here's the little battle pass they're doing if anyone is curious. 975 coins, runs until the end of March

How hard is it to complete the battle pass? I generally get to level 10 on the weekly vault.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
I don't mind the Azirelia meta, but I'm playing Mono Fiora.

The Marshall is bullshit tho, it's gotta get nerfed.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

hit button posted:

One of the senior producers just chimed in on a reddit thread calling for azirelia nerfs
https://www.reddit.com/r/LegendsOfRuneterra/comments/ndqe86/anybody_have_any_insider_information_that_would/

Although reddit appears to be in full meltdown mode about the deck so I'd be surprised if it didnt get some hits in the next balance patch.

https://www.reddit.com/r/LegendsOfRuneterra/comments/ne28z9/riots_opinion_of_the_current_meta/

They doubled down, looks like Azir Irelia is here for a bit at least.

Servaetes posted:

Yeah the mono fiora poo poo can eat my rear end. I don't care if she lost 1 health or whatever, of all the decks in the game, of all the cards, ones centrally built around her are by none the most unpleasant, unfun bullshit and there's been so, so many iterations of it.

I run Unyielding Spirit too.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
Patch notes, spend some money on Riots shiny tat

https://playruneterra.com/en-us/news/game-updates/patch-2-8-0-notes/

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
The general rule of thumb is to level them in sets of 4. Usually at every 4th award theres something decent (champ pack, etc). Do 4 levels, swap, etc etc

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

No Wave posted:

They nerfed ireliazir and buffed tali+malph. Thats something!

They also buffed her in the bug fixes...

Reddit is melting down lmao

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Swim
Mogwai
BruisedbyGod

Those are the only ones I know of, but then again LOR isnt huge.

Riot really hosed this up. After their "We're listening and we have tons of data!" post after just a week of Irelia, to do basically nothing to her (and TLC/Nasus) while NOT buffing the vast amount of underused cards....

Realistically I've only been playing Labs with some dips into PVP for Fiora action but even ruining peoples day is getting boring.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I'm super sporadic with how much I play Runeterra so I'm not super invested in game balance and ranked play and poo poo.

And even I looked at those patch notes and was like "....wait really that's it? That's all there is on an actual card balance patch?"

I think that's honestly the main problem. Riot made such a big deal about "Balance Patches" and then to drop such a paltry patch is not a great look.

They'll be some PR bullshit next and then a knee jerk rushed balance patch in the next fews days.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
Side boards are the ONLY thing I miss about MTG, but boy do I miss them.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
PR Bullshit "we're listening" post is now out.

Balance is scheduled for 2.11 which is like 2 patches away so... Yay 2 months from now?

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

breaks posted:

I think calling it pr bullshit is a little harsh, they’ve been pretty good about doing what they say they’ll do. I’m sure it takes some time to change course as far as the scope of the adjustments they want to make in these patches. A bit late but hopefully it’ll liven things up.

I see where you're coming from and readily admit that I'm a cranky old fart, but I stand by the PR bullshit designation. It's basically a copy paste of what they said after the 2.8 patch. They only touched Irelia, but did nothing about the giant loving control wall that is TLC.

As someone earlier pointed out, there used to be dramatic and sweeping balance passes. Now it's tiny changes drip fed and I'm not thrilled about it.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Pilchenstein posted:

I think maybe they were thinking you'd pay over the odds for helping with Malph's level up but even then it's not good. After being forced to use it in the lab, I have to say it'd be way more useful if it just gave you a unit with those stats or the buff was burst speed.

What, paying 3 mana + a board spot, waiting 3 turns, and then casting two slows spells isnt fast enough for you?

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
Holy poo poo two advanced preps? I had no idea the powers could duplicate.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
What the gently caress I'm getting bullshit like +1 power on draw as my best choice mid run

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Khorne posted:

+1 on draw can be pretty good if you have ways to draw cards or flood the board. One of the more consistent strategies to beat legendary with old Taliyah was to go poros -> +1 on draw. Although there are many better choices than +1 on draw. +1's power is it offsets lots of the enemy powers and overstatted minions and lets you trade using total garbage.

Lots of the common choices are surprisingly strong even though they aren't "free win" type 2nd/3rd picks. Draw 1 fleeting is probably one of my favorites and I will even stop rerolling with it as a first pick with most decks. You no longer need to get card draw rolling for consistency, although it's still nice if there aren't better choices, and your chances of outright bricking and losing to a terrible draw pretty much vanish.

Yeah I'm probably just tilted because I hate these new decks that are filled to the brim with garbage.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

It finally happened. 2 was excessive, 3 was dumb.

Kris xK fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Jun 24, 2021

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
Wow well this should shake the meta up

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
This is a nerf to Riven, isn't it?

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

No Wave posted:

No, the patch note was written wrong. Read the card next to the note instead.

Ah thank you I was super confused

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

I imagine they'd address major imbalances, but it certainly wont be a priority.