Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

Sjonkel posted:

I'm assuming the different regions or whatever they are called are sort of mimicking the colors in Magic? If so, do the different regions have different things/strategies they try to do, and what regions work well together?

Each region has a general theme, but within the regions champions have their own theme that may not overlap. For example Demacia is mostly focused on having tough units and building a board, but then Lux has her own mini-theme of spells as a win condition and her own crew of cards to support that.

Champions are pretty powerful and their synergies might decide what regions you mix. The Fiora/Shen deck relies on Shen and his Barrier cards to let Fiora end the game. Yasuo wants stuns and despite really focusing on board control you might still pick up Noxus to have the repeat stuns the Minotaur provides.

Ionia has some good general units and Deny, a fast spell that can counter any fast or slow spell, and Shadow Isles has a lot of direct damage and removal so if you don't have a specific win condition they have a lot of synergy with a lot of decks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.

breaks posted:

Truly shocked at the lack of sun disc decks so far though. Big change from everyone trying to ball out with Living Legends last time around, lol.

Azir's levelup is free but getting one from Nasus is way too slow and I haven't found a good way to fit enough stuff to guarantee Renekton's levelup before he dies.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
Leblanc has the perfect stats and keyword to juice up your reputation cards if you're running them too which I think people overlooked.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.

Hellioning posted:

In the event I wished to make a deck for my favorite champion currently in this game, Diana, should I add in Shadow Isles for Nocturne and/or stay in Targon with Aphelios?

There's a decent one going around that runs Diana/Aphelios with SI/Doombeasts and uses Unto Dusk to abuse all the Nightfall effects.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
The fact that Taliyah still needs a landmark on the board after you play all those landmarks to be useful is a killer for me.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.

Vandar posted:

Zilean, Irelia, and Malphite are on the way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKarEOxXa3s

I am not okay with normal hair Zilean.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
Time Bombs cost 2, cycle, and help control the board so he seems like a natural pair with Zilean.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.

Fate Accomplice posted:

I agree, but "spell mana can only be used for cards that leave play immediately on resolving" seems like an inviolable game design decision.

Tons of decks use spell mana to summon followers, people are still running gifts without Aphelios just to spend spell mana on two cost units.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
Most of Malphite's support landmarks seem unsalvageable outside of blue sentinel. The stairs look like there's supposed to be a combo where you buff Malphite as a win condition, but the buff is fleeting and also Malphite has no special synergy with overwhelm in the first place because his stun is slow. Rockfall path looks like it could help with board control but two turns gives way too much time for the opponent to protect their valuable cards from being obliterated.

Chip is alright because like shaped stone it's not too hard to play 1 landmark with Rock Hopper, but playing 4 landmarks in time to play Earth Elemental would just completely give up the early board. Stonebreaker looks better in comparison but it's still not enough to justify the rest of the deck.

And none of this really synergizes with Taliyah either so she's just as meh as ever. There's no really big countdown landmark you can cheese by duplicating it close to completion (were you supposed to do this with stairs and buff Taliyah?) and even if you level her there's no good permanent Landmark to make her ability reliable. For being the two Landmark focused champions I haven't even seen a Malphite/Taliyah deck. Even if you just wanted to copy a landmark to get Malphite out earlier, Eye of the Ra-Horak gets the job done faster and it leaves your regions open.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.

It's still absolutely crazy to me that most of the skins are just a .png.

Hearthstone heroes were bad but at least they had unique voicelines, and even then they realized no one wanted to spend that much on them and started giving them out different ways.

AND they are on the board 100% of the time!

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
Darkness is slow too and if you want to use it on a follower seems like it would be really easy to just fizzle.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Is Noxus the baddies?

That's just the Black Rose doing all this secretly. Shut up don't think about it.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.

Clarste posted:

Wait, is this a joke about the new lore or something? I thought Noxus was designed from the ground up to be the baddie country. That's why they're called Noxus. The only good Noxus champ is Riven who explicitly deserted because they were too evil for her.

Swain took over the country after the first Ionian campaign failed, and flushed high command of all the Black Rose agents and monarchy. They're the "strength above all" country now. Riven's story that ties into her LoR quotes is about her old platoon trying to get her to come back so she can face judgment and see that the country has changed, and also the remnants of the Black Rose trying to kill her and take her blade so they're still around.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.

CitizenKeen posted:

That's hilarious, but also, the first non-spell illustrated by someone other than SIXMOREVODKA I've noticed. Is Riot branching out, or have I just not been paying attention?

Most of Sion's crew are by different artists too, they're just good at sticking to a style I guess.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.

shimmy shimmy posted:

That 3/3 for 3 that gets +1/+1 and Overwhelm whenever a Landmark is destroyed seems pretty tasty, especially with Rock Hopper. Not fully sure on Xerath himself yet, his level-up should be fairly easy to achieve in a landmark deck at least.

I never want to write off champions that can get their value by being on the backline and can hit the board leveled, I just don't know if his leveled effect is game winning enough to weaken the deck with too many landmarks.

His level 3 looks pretty game ending but Sun Disc decks are still bad and you can't really run him with Azir because he'll replace all the landmarks in your deck when he levels up.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
I understand they couldn't just leave it with permanent spellshield but making it so you can't see if the arsenal has quick attack or spellshield before playing it is just a huge bummer.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
Vi isn't hard to level up and her stats are good but her leveled up version could just give her overwhelm instead and it would probably deal more damage, and if your win condition is just giving a big card overwhelm there's way better options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
If your opponent decided to rope on every decision the games just took too long for me, I don't know if that's why the PvE took off more than the PvP and they're sticking with it.

I posted in the wrong thread but still, rip.