Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

i have been playing since way back, and i love this game but it needs to make expeditions not limited. what the heck riot. my favourite deck is frostbite teemo, very strong and fun to play. looking forward to making it again now that they wiped all my poo poo and i have to start from the beginning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

yes, i did calculate that i would have exact lethal if the wolf ate the rabbit for the final attack so that i could ensure that the game ends with the wolf eating the rabbit. if you miss the stylish lethal you might as well go back to mario party

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

I love the expedition mode. I've just been chaining 7 win runs together and it appears that you get rewards based on the max wins between the two runs?

yeah the "max wins between the two runs" is actually such an amazing and clever flip on the arena format, as well as the requiring two losses to drop out, it makes it a lot less spartan but very fun to play and encourages more creativity or ambition in decks. good stuff, very fun.

General Morden posted:

i tried to buy the starter pack but my store is based off of the turkish lira for some reason and i can't change it

time to exchange some currency my friend. i am not an expert in forex trading so probably only use this for legends of runeterra

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Imagined posted:

I like the emotes. Seems like it would be hard to do much BM with the current ones, and I'm sure they'll have more unlocks for customization ala Eternal in the future.

Some of the attack animations are a little bit extra though, and I can foresee them getting a little old. I have to admit watching some huge extravagant lovingly rendered axe animation wipe my entire board made me pretty salty.

Really though I just want ANY card game that ISN'T Hearthstone, Magic, or anime/kiddy bullshit (Pokemon, Yu-gi-oh, Shadowverse) to actually catch on and really thrive. I've been willing to try all the contenders! So far Eternal was my favorite, but I can tell that it's not getting any bigger and is on a slow decline. You know what my old favorite was? Might and Magic: Duel of Champions. :rip:

I would LOVE if this were the game that finally made a bunch of people quit Hearthstone. It might be a little weird and complicated for those folks, though, but Riot has the talent and the deep pockets and the fan base to have a better chance than most.

i love anime, and kiddy bullshit, but i agree with this. i really like the presentation of legends of runeterra, even from the very start just in the main menu seeing the incredible artwork. as a long time league player and someone who was on hearthstone for a hot minute, this is very promising to me and i hope this really takes off

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

expeditions have been a lot of fun for me, but mostly due to 7 wins. the final showdown at 7 wins is tense because it is the difference between "i get to play again" and "i just wasted 2 grand"... but thankfully i am good enough at the game to do it. the bastards at riot should make it such that 6 wins is still a positive, and 5 wins is close to breaking even, as to make going infinite something reliable and 7 wins something aspirable. i am making this a real word because otherwise the rhyme does not work. making a net positive for 6 wins makes losing the showdown at 7 wins not as punishing, while rewarding the winner even more so.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

as the most iconic and beloved figure in league of legends history, the least riot could do would be giving me 1 champion from this vault. smh. i am going to puke.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

guts and bolts posted:

i already have 3 Yasuo heh nothin personnel, time to claim the diamond throne

curious. your ambition stops at diamond? you have a long way to go before challenging me.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

i love to see heimerdinger emote. so far emotes have been really funny back and forth and i have had a good time with it, and i am glad they are there but also want riot to make more

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

i think elusive as a concept is too strong but they are not game breaking by any means, no real need to nerf the concept but adding more counters(maybe a tech spell that removes elusive for example) could make sense

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Imagined posted:

It's "flying" in any other card game. It's not OP. This is absurd.

this is was what my post was saying. the concept is not overpowered there just is not be enough tech to deal with it so it scans as being on the strong side right now

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Lord_Magmar posted:

Other characters from Targon are Aphelios (and his seer sister Alune who guides his hand in battle), Zoe, and Aurelion Sol (A literal starforging Dragon). Additionally Kayle and Morgana are the daughters of a Targonian Aspect of Justice, so they'd possibly show up in a hypothetical Targon faction.

Personally I suspect if we get Targon it'll be alongside Icathia/The Void, as they're effectively archrivals on a level that no other faction can claim, not even Demacia and Noxus.

Shurima and Bilgewater and possibly even Ixtal (which is a new region that's effectively Wakanda) are all likely to come before Targon, and I have a sneaking suspicion that much like Teamfight Tactics Riot are going to end up using the alterantive skins to create additional factions, because as it stands there's only about 5 more they could really add and that's stretching it still.

As far as Bandle City goes, they kind of already used it's biggest lore protector (Teemo) but there's still plenty of Yordles associated with it, Tristana and Lulu immediately spring to mind.

zoe is canonically the most powerful character and the only one even remotely close is leona. everyone else does not stand a chance in the lore. for this reason i think zoe should be the most powerful card in legends of runeterra

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Lord_Magmar posted:

This isn't really true and you know it, Bard is also pretty absurdly powerful. Zoe is just extremely in tune with her Aspect, to the point where there's zero separation between Zoe and the Aspect of Twilight. Aurelion Sol is more powerful and had to be tricked by the Aspect of Twilight before it was Zoe to be imprisoned as he is now, with the crown using his own magic against him as a method of control.

i think you will find that not only is she incredibly in tune with her aspect, but she is also largely responsible for the imprisonment of the ascended into the darkin forms they are in now... but sure, lets say that. so? asol is still presently weaker than zoe, as zoe always comes out in top. zoe stays winning actually

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

guts and bolts posted:

Look at League: unlocking new heroes is expensive and does not get easier if you've never played the game before (although I think there's a "getting started" quest that gives you enough for one hero? I think?). Summoner Spells, which are absolutely critical to playing the game, are gated behind account level and you do not get them for just making a new account and wanting them really badly.
the new player experience in league is tremendously good right now, and it makes veterans(especially those who have multiple accounts across regions) salty because of how good it is.

https://zarosboosting.com/blog/lol-level-up-rewards/

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

what is everyones go to music while playing legends of runeterra?

1) custom playlist
2) regular playlist not made for runeterra
3) podcasts
4) listening to the game music
5) no sound

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Partial Octopus posted:

Is there a goon discord for this game?

the league of legends discord talks about it a lot, op

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Locke Dunnegan posted:

Just had Dreadway/Ledros blow me up from full health on turn 9. Gonna take a break from the game for a bit until they figure out if they want massive blowout cards that make the rest of the match beforehand literally pointless.

if the enemy is capable of playing a 9 drop for 9 mana uncontested while playing a control deck, the rest of the match was not literally pointless because they were able to do that. you either played too slow, used your removal too early, or did not have board pressure.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Maybe I'm just still in the new stages playing against equally new people, and don't have many options in decks yet. I'll stick it out since the consensus seems to be that it gets deeper eventually.

learning when to withhold cards and how to plan around opponent turns is when the game gets a lot deeper. while champions are often your win condition, anyone who has ever played on curve zed enough has experienced the raw pain of mystic shot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

boredsatellite posted:

Which is why you normally save some mana before playing him at turn 3.

Been on the end where my mystic shot hits a zed with a suddenly buffed health or one that became tough

exactly, this is 100% my point - the game is not just about slamming champions down !