Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Tornhelm posted:

So Swimstrim has updated his Tier List and has pushed Dawnspiders (and all his other previous T1 decks) down to Tier 2. The deck that replaced it is a Ionia/Demacia deck full of elusives. If you can craft the rest of it, just sub anything in for the Fiora's because they're not indispensible - in fact I don't think they've played a significant part in any of my wins so far apart from being a focus for enemy removal.

But since I've been playing it, I've only lost one game and thats because I didn't draw a creature before turn 4.

https://www.swimstrim.com/runeterra/deck-tier-list

In fact Swim specifically said not to craft Fiora for the deck on stream. He's just not sure what to replace her with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Alright tell me when ur done with ur expedition jesus christ

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Did a 7 win expedition run with my 3 garens and Trynd.

Helped me out in situations like these

Thought I was hosed at the last matchup since I had to go against Zed and Hekarim deck but managed to go aggressive hard enough in the beginning to win.

Thanks ancient yeti, putting you out at turn 4 is so disgusting.

2nd trial did a more experimental deck and ended at 2 wins.

Overall seems like picking Demacian units is the best

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Studio posted:

Going 7 wins in the first expedition is great with how much it let's you experiment in the second. It let's you learn things like: Don't draft 6 will of ionias and then never play Yasuo. Also, probably don't pick Yasuo. Or how weak the Can't Block creatures really are

I've come to value early mana cost minions much more when drafting like I did with my first expedition and don't draft Avianna

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

njsykora posted:

I love that we can have lore debates in 2 threads now.

Having no idea what the hell League lore is about this is all pretty interesting so far

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Gah so close and yet so far

I guess I shouldn't complain, I kinda bullshitted myself through the 2nd trial by just spamming elusives

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Lord_Magmar posted:

Also, in all fairness the rotation in TFT made a lot of people (including streamers) furious, and that’s a game where you don’t even own the cards involved.

its pretty much killed the Korean twitch streaming part really after the switch to season 2.

People didn't like watching it and people weren't as invested into it as they were for season 1.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Baller Time posted:

Lower rank people sure surrender a lot on EUW right now. At the half point of a game. It's a free win, sure, but I ain't learning much from that!

People are probably farming points last minute for the vaults and then giving up when it feels like it will be too much effort.

I just hit 13 now doing the same thing

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

misguided rage posted:

You don't die if the overwhelm would knock you negative if the lifesteal is enough. I'm not sure what happens if you die partway through combat and then lifesteal later, anyone know? I figure you still die but I haven't really wanted to test it.

Its not like artifact where everything is considered as instant but runeterra has priority from left to right. So if you die first due to a hit on the left then the opponent wins no matter what even if your final unit on the right kills the nexus

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

neato

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Dias posted:

Expedition isn't really a format (yet, at least), but do you guys have some drafting tips? I went 6-1 with an Elusive-heavy aggro deck but I have no idea how lucky that draft was. It seems pretty good in a format with little creature removal. I'm guessing anything midrangy that's good in Constructed should be good here? (Like Fearsome with Elise, Hecarim, etc)? It feels like you wanna hit a curve too.

Elusives have been solid 6 wins but getting the 7 win tend to be hard cause those decks have been beating elusive decks to get there.

My 7 wins came from doing demacia + other region region decks.

Demacia has good solid stat mobs and Garen in expedition is really solid overall. Also the region has strong buffs like "stand alone" (which can save ur poor start into a strong pressure) to "back to back" (which can either cause lethal or allow you to take win trades on the board.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Tried to do some cute Lucian deck initially which failed miserably.

Decided to go full aggro with SI, Ionia cards with 3 zeds and 1 elise.

Turns out most people can't deal with getting massive damage to the face

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Getting a Rhasa in expedition is super satisfying too honestly. Very few people play around it and if you play it right they end up surrendering straight after

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

a fatguy baldspot posted:

how’s this game doing? i really like it and hope it overtakes hearthstone

streaming wise in Korea its a completely dead (biggest stream is like 100 viewers at max) though there's still a still a decent number playing so matchmaking isn't that bad

people say there will be an increase when it actually opens but i'm not quite convinced. Open beta is basically the same thing these days and many of the people aren't just that interested in playing.

Think the game isn't that good for streamers overall since they can't make a variety of decks of to allow them and the views to enjoy themselves due to the limit

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Been some playing some degenerate control Karma deck using Ionia and SI cards.

Have to endure the early game with heals and deathmark and then end the game with late game Karma bullshit

Seems to be working so far though I'm in the lower ranks so lets see how it holds up

Absolutely folds to pure aggro decks however

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

No Wave posted:

And those are the three factions that have lifesteal at all! I think of the lifesteal minions radiant guardian and maybe darkwater scourge are the only ones that come close to autowin but they're both fairly conditional.

Darkwater scourge is a pretty essential for the SI control kama decks and flips the board if you get a deathblade on hand.

Allows you to survive until you get to 10 mana

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

build a hyper aggro nox piltz zaun deck to go against it

Those decks are the one loving me when I play control karma right now

mistaya posted:

I would literally NEVER play this mode willingly. EVER. But there's a huge loot pinata at the end of it so you have to try-hard and you have to do it TWICE because of course you do.

Also I dunno I love playing expeditions in general.

Making a janky deck hit 6 or 7 wins is always satisfying as hell. You have to play so differently compared to constructed that its nice

Haven't tried it out since the patch so I guess I'll see how it will feel like next week

boredsatellite fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Feb 21, 2020

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

I've been finding success in deleting certain types with the Karma deck in general

Just have to tank a couple of hits early on and heal it back up through spell and minions. Often the opponent's hand is empty while my hp is over 18

Problem comes down to dealing with the super aggro decks and well control can't do much against those

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Firebert posted:

I genuinely hate draft modes in ccgs and I really hate that playing three expeditions a week is mandatory for progression.

It sucks rear end

Why are you playing 3 expeditions a week dude. Just loving play one with the free token

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Seems like my Zed Elusive deck is untouched then

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

DrOgreface posted:

Are there a lot of polarized matchups in LoR or is it just the decks I’ve been playing?

I tend to switch between elusive Zed and Control Karma so that I'm playing the extreme of the archetypes so that I tend to get some of the wins

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Qubee posted:

haven't done a single expedition cause the thought of wasting a token scares me so I just don't do it. i don't even know what expeditions do.

Congrats on losing out on like 9 free champs

Did 3 expeditions with shards before the rewards got nerfed. 2 7wins and 1 3 win. Not bad honestly. Now time to forget about that mode forever

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Qubee posted:

edit: just won my first ever expedition, what a slog. I got 7 wins in trial 1. I retired and didn't get a champion card, what?

Yeah it was in the patch notes of how they were changing the systems.

I wasn't joking when I said you missed out on like 10 free champs if you avoided playing expeditions. Even a 0-0 run gave you one

I made sure to do 3 expeditions on monday with shards before the nerf to get 3 champs

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Nah it was always random champs even at 7 wins. You only got a wildcard if the card ranked up randomly. Happened to me at a 3 win expedition once

Also oof 1k reward. Thats so little

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Hauki posted:

my secret to going 7-0 with nox was getting offered like 5 legion rearguards & reckless trifarians, plus a couple trifarian gloryseekers and trifarian hopefuls

Single Nox is a pretty good way to get wins honestly

Not many expedition decks can withstand a full aggro deck

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

This is how I won like 2 weeks back. Nox has stupid amount of high aggro and they are often forced to trade to defend meaning you can just continue to dump out units to pressure them more.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Pilchenstein posted:

Really hoping they nerf Karma because it's getting to the point where I might as well surrender any game where the opponent has her to save myself time :v:

Wish my opponents did that so that they can save themselves the misery.

I'm fine with a 30 game that could end in my loss but i cant imagine them thinking the same

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

mistaya posted:

Full aggro noxus/si spiders is almost an auto-loss for Karma/Ez but I think Bannerman is keeping it down presently. I don't think a single 1-1 nerf to the bannerman card is going to fix how rough that deck is to play against.

When I see an aggro spider deck i just take a wither wail card or mulligan for it. If I survive the first couple of turns like that I tend to just win. But then I'm playing the solo Karma deck that has SI cards

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

mistaya posted:

That's Spooky Karma which is much more of a board control deck. Withering Wail is kind of bullshit against spooders and every time I start feeling good with my Noxus/Elise spooder deck I hit some rear end in a top hat who draws all three and just feel too sad to keep playing it.

Yeah I misread the post initially.

I feel so happy when I do that to people, its so incredibly satisfying.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

ShaneB posted:

It's still a t1 deck.

My elusives zed deck I made like 3 patches ago is still super strong which is hilarious

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

I think the funniest part about spooky Karma decks is that its slow and tedious that its not ideal to play for ranks but I and others play it cause its fun and nobody else can cause they can't deal with the tedium.

Probably why I ended up playing 30+ round in a spooky karma mirror matchup with someone

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Having some fun with Yasuo Kat decks, probably not a top tier but its just silly and fun to play

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Pilchenstein posted:

Hoping they nerf the poo poo out of karma and ez in the patch :v:

Sorry gonna play spooky Karma on day 1 of the new patch

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Boxman posted:

So uh

did they add any additional obliterate cards that I missed or is this + battering ram just going to be the worlds most obnoxious win con

Just play Ionia and have Recall

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Fun fact, "deep" keyword is exactly the same in expeditions meaning if you have enough card draw you are going to have super buffed minions and nautilus (if you are lucky to get him) quickly since getting to 15 cards is super easy.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Teemo/Mushroom decks seem to do well in expeditions so far.

Because of how frantic people are trying to dump their cards to get the deep bonus mushrooms hurt a lot.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Got my 2nd Twisted Fate and my 1st Ezreal off the champions of the daily rewards .

Have to see what I get the vault but guess I'm not far off from crafting the TF EZ deck now

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Having ton of fun with Karma Ezreal deck since i lucked out on a weekly vault to be able to craft the deck

Still unfamiliar with how to play it nicely though so loving up now and then

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

pog boyfriend posted:

learning when to withhold cards and how to plan around opponent turns is when the game gets a lot deeper. while champions are often your win condition, anyone who has ever played on curve zed enough has experienced the raw pain of mystic shot

Which is why you normally save some mana before playing him at turn 3.

Been on the end where my mystic shot hits a zed with a suddenly buffed health or one that became tough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Man i cant believe i started playing es karma so late

Its a very different fun compared to spooky karma and its pretty decent against holding off aggro if you manage to get those lifesteal dragons summoned consistently