Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015

Woo, first time 7-7. I think I had only managed two or maybe three 7 win runs total before.

Decks were Fiora/Heimer midrange stuff with 6 Ripostes, and Garen Demacia Elites.

Fiora was not even the focus of the first deck, she was just there for an additional threat and she came with other good cards, but I still got off like 3 Fiora wins. I was surprised by how little people seemed to play around her, like just throwing out 1/1 creatures for her to gobble up when she's already at 2 or 3 kills.

Scoss fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Feb 23, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
Re: Heimer in draft

I've done 3 expeditions with a Heimer focused deck and each one was either 7 or 6 wins. He feels way more consistent than you might imagine, and I find aiming for about 50% spells to be the sweet spot for him. If you're drafting a lot of removal or gross combat tricks like Riposte, and then just any great/cheap value creatures you're offered, it's very easy to survive long enough to play Heimer and run away with value.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015

Qubee posted:

No this isn't true. I used to consistently block overwhelm dudes in the past by killing my units, they'd do that "shake" when they can't attack.

It is true. Overwhelm units will "trample" their full attack damage into the Nexus if their blocker is removed, that's how they have always worked.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
I basically stopped playing expeditions the second they gutted the rewards.

It was exciting enough when you could potentially win free champion cards, but without an incentive it's just not very appealing, even for free.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
I play this game maybe two times a week, and prior to the most recent expansion I had basically a complete collection, and I have a mountain of currency that I could use to build at least three or four new decks if I wanted to blow it.

I quit HS and MTGA because both of them felt like a job to keep up with because of their stingy economies and the inherent badfeel of opening booster packs over a long period of time. Runeterra feels like I am barely trying and I still get showered in cards.

AFAIK there are also catch-up mechanics that make the low levels of each regional track have accelerated exp gain now. Between that and the fact that you won't be having 75% of your chests turn into dupe shards, I imagine a new player will get catapulted forward pretty fast, even more so if you are willing to spend money to just directly buy the champs you want.