Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Expeditions is everything I always wanted in Hearthstone Arena, so fun and interactive and amazing. Are you there, Blizzard? It's me, Sloppy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Same. Can't tell you how many games I've lost to a sudden 18/18 Garen with no way to prevent it.

One of my more satisfying wins (in Expeditions) was blocking an Unyielding Garen for 5 turns with Heimer turrets until I could drop Catastrophe and trample to face.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Are there any deck trackers that don't use Overwolf?

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Locke Dunnegan posted:

Or they just have differing opinions I dunno

EDIT: some words

Agree with all of this. Edit: oops not Hearthstone thread.

Sloppy fucked around with this message at 22:51 on May 26, 2020

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

I got to use Purify on a 7/7 Rimetusk Shaman with Unyielding Spirit earlier. Probably my most satisfying Runeterra moment ever :cheers:

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Living the Kalista dream :awesome:

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Pants Donkey posted:

Having played it now, Invoke brings up the worst aspects of Hearthstone for me. If the Invokers were strictly along the lines of “Invoke X, Y, or Z cost cards.” it would be manageable, but since you have cards that just straight up pull from the gamut of low cost dorks and cantrips to absolute bombs it feels too swingy a random effect. I lost two games in expeditions just now because my opponent got cards to literally delete my champs whereas I got stuck with weenies or midrange dorks.

I have yet to play ranked, where invokers are probably too slow to show up, but it’s not a direction I personally want for the game. Especially since this this is first post-launch expansion and we already got a mechanic with a wide range of random effects. Note that I don’t think the mechanic is broken or bad: it’s just not for me.

Funny, I came here to basically post the same thing. I'll give it a fair shake, but Expeditions right now remind me of that Tavern Brawl where your deck is full of Discover cards.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

I'm trying to figure out if this is a bug or an interaction I'm not understanding. I've tried to use Guiding Touch on a Slotbot that had 'damage' (red health) but it doesn't heal it, just draws the card. I'm guessing that's working correctly but the Slotbot's health shouldn't be showing as red?

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

CitizenKeen posted:

Also, I had no beef with Swim before, but gently caress him. What a prick.

Nah, it's pretty funny. The crying thread on Reddit where people act like their house just burnt down was a good laugh this morning.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

I haven't found the rope abuse to be nearly as bad as Hearthstone, but yeah, wouldn't mind it being a bit less anyway.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Lee Sin won't be fixed unless they nerf Dragon Rage. I like playing him a lot but that poo poo is and always has been nuts.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

I love the variety of viable decks in this game - I can homebrew and still steal wins off Tier 1 decks with normal play (no crazy highrolls needed)

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

So take that as a PSA to not hoard your wildcards, I'll be crafting all the commons every time a expansion drops from now on to put a dent into those numbers.

Pro tip, thanks. Just used up 130 wildcards :v:

goferchan posted:

Has anybody had any luck with a Taric deck? I literally don't think I've ever seen him played in constructed. Seems like there should be something fun there between gems and blade fragments, surely, even if it's not top-tier?

Swim had a Taric/Lee deck that was loads of fun. I haven't even bothered updating it post-expansion and it still feels powerful and fun at scrub tiers.

CIBAGAQCAMCQMBQDBENSGKJQGM5AGAIBAIGAEAQCBAEQGAYJBQJVKAIBAMEVM

Sloppy fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Jan 5, 2021

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

That lab has turned into my favorite way to play. I hope they flesh it out more.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Pilchenstein posted:

Has anyone ever actually seen the mistwraiths deck summon a lot of mistwraiths? All it ever does vs me is play non-nightfall doombeasts and stall with wail/grasp 90% of the time :v:

I've actually lost to it where it snowballed and I drew expensive garbage. I don't remember what I was playing.

Anyone know why the thread is downvoted so hard? Seems like a chill and happy thread.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Dawgstar posted:

I celebrate this only because I was on a losing streak, but I beat the Lab with Aphelios. And actually with Aphelios, not a horde of +4/+4 Poros that spawn whenever I drew a card or something equally silly but fun.

I really hope they flesh the mode out more, I'm currently working on my third round of wins with all champs and it's probably 85% of my LoR time in the past 3 weeks.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

CitizenKeen posted:

I've never been a cosmetics person, but I've bought a lot of Runeterra cosmetics.

Same, primarily because I really want to monetarily support their consumer interface and business models. Unlike Hearthstone, where I've spent a miserly $2 since beta (I really wanted that Arena run dammit).

Wish Blizzard would take some loving notes.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

YoshiOfYellow posted:

If they manage to make Mono Shurima viable down the road with more stuff I am loving ready.

Where do you find those stats? Is it a plugin?

Edit: Thanks!

Sloppy fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Apr 15, 2021

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

CitizenKeen posted:

I think you have the right of it. I think they knew it was going to be popular, but they were expecting "beloved Tavern Brawl" popular, not "I want this as its own video game" popular. I think there is a not-insignificant subsection of the player base who went from playing 3-5 PvP matches a day to playing hours of Lab of Legends daily.

I look forward to 2024 when we get a slate of Lab-of-Legends-only cards that play off the Lab of Legends mechanics (like the Magic Commander sets) or somesuch.

Yeah, this is me. I went from struggling to clear my dailies to playing at least an hour every evening thanks to the lab.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Pilchenstein posted:

:toot:

One of the most pointless, least fun things I've ever done in any game tbh :v:

Wow, nice. I'll be there in a few months...

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Gobbeldygook posted:

I was debating dropping $70 on the next Hearthstone expansion, but after the recent news and thinking about what else I could spend that money on I am looking to rip the Hearthstone needle out of my arm.

• How's the balance? Do the devs buff stuff that sucks and nerf stuff that's broken in a timely manner?
  • Is the game likely to continue to exist? I don't follow Riot games at all, do they have a history of supporting games long term or do they :commissar:?
  • How are the queue times?

I like Hearthstone a little more as a game (it's easier on the brain) but Riot nails everything else out of the park. Building a collection is easy, there are a billion modes (the single-player Lab is my personal favorite), and the rewards and progression are generous.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Have there been any hints at more Lab of Legends decks coming? That seems to be the only mode that can really hold my attention.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

MuLepton posted:

https://youtu.be/C_WdATEu1Dc
Looks like they‘re adding more meta-progression(?) elements to the single player mode, i.e., you can add buffs to your hero which carry over between runs and unlock new deck types?

Hell yes, gonna play the poo poo out of this.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

goferchan posted:

I had asked a few pages ago about competitive Ekko decks after really enjoying playing with him in Path of Champions, and now I'm currently tearing poo poo up with this Ekko/Zilean one: CMBQCAIEGQCAIBABAICAOBYEA4ARYJ2NJ5JYUAIBAECAOUQCAEAQIDIBAUCAY

Hexcite Crystals and Time Bombs are great against all the elusive and Teemo bullshit and it's got a nice balance of good early removal and inevitability. Chronobreak and Parallel Convergence feel even nastier to play against a real person than they do against AI.

This deck is super fun, thanks. Playing PVP for the first time since Lab of Legends came out!

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Wollawolla posted:

I honestly haven't played a single PvP game since Lab of Legends came out.

I've been playing a bit of that Ekko / Zilean deck someone posted recently, but yeah, it's been Labs all the way since whenever it came out. So chill and fun.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

I enjoyed expeditions and mostly played that before Lab came out. I'm sad to see it go, but what I really want is something like that experience of cracking packs in a circle back in the M:TG days. gently caress MMR, gently caress curated buckets, I just want wacky random decks with garbage cards, value trading, and playing the odds.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

I also hate that the fun powers like Yipp or Poros from the original Lab are all super rare. The only one that shows up with any regularity is Trifarian Might.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

*Or close the game and re-open it after opening the vault**.

Oh man, this works? Opening the vault is always such a pain.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

As a casual who isn't trying to power through PoC I'm having a total blast. It's so much more fun than the last version (and slightly more fun than the original Lab, although I did love that enough to 100% everything).

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Pilchenstein posted:

The second of the weekly adventures is some well designed bullshit - if you've maxed your legend rank, all your units have -3/0 in the first battle :allears:

Edit: and obviously you can't spend any gold so in the second battle everything has -4/0. Really tired of just rinsing these on autopilot with Jinx but I guess there's basically no choice here :v:

Yeah, I usually just go into these blind with whatever hero I'm currently leveling but that one was such bullshit I retired after the second match and grabbed Jinx. I like the ones that add cool or fun variations, not the ones that just make life miserable. This one was probably the worst offender of that yet.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

I also wish leveling champs was faster in general.

Yeah, the grind is really intense, I feel like new champs are coming out faster than I can level old ones despite playing an hour or so in bed most nights and going through the same loops over and over with every character is a drag. I wouldn't mind being able to spend a few shards and start a champ at 10 (or let me use my 50 billion shards from the PVP side).

Honestly I had more fun with the original Lab.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Megazver posted:

If you're actually spending shards to 3* them you're doing it wrong.

Get them to 2* and ~level 20 and buy a new champ. That's how I just got 42/42 2*+ champs.

Yeah, I do the same. Although I still get tons of duplicate shards, like the game knows somehow. I started on Cait this week and she was 3 star at level 1 :v:

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Megazver posted:

Sorry, I read your previous post as "I am done 3-starring all of my current champs so I am about to choose who to buy next", which was totally not it. Yeah, I am at a point where I am finally 3-starring my remaining champs with shards as well.

Although I did notice that over the past several weeks all the shards in silver crates/chests I got weren't duplicates. It almost feels like they finally took pity on us with that poo poo. (But I could have just gotten lucky.)

Been getting more too, after months of dupes.

Also whoever designed the 3rd weekly this week was a loving dick. Hmm, let's take one of the most unfun mechanics in all of PoC and make a whole run with it, and then make everything cost more on top of that! Total miserable slog, gently caress you Skinner box.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Megazver posted:

I did it twice. Aatrox wasn't very difficult, but somewhat of a slog in the first rounds of each fight. Tahm Kench kinda trivializes it. Would probably be easy with a high level Teemo, as well.

Yeah, it wasn't challenging (I did it with Darius), just unpleasant. I often don't read the enemy powers before jumping in - I'd have done it with a cheaper hero for sure.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Megazver posted:

The 4.5* weekly wasn't too bad with a 3* Teemo. Tahm can also probably gently caress it up pretty good.

What relics on Teemo? I went at it with Gatebreaker and the one that generates a copy in hand at the start of turn but just got run over by overwhelm bullshit on the 3rd or 4th fight.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Nerfing poo poo in PoC just feels bad. I feel like my super fun OP runs are fewer and fewer and I spend more time just grinding poo poo up and it's starting to wear thin.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

EDIT: The one thing I don't like is how the 6-cost Poro won't automatically suck up all Follower Poros when you play it. You need to actively play it over something if you already have 6 units on the board. Unlike Husks, which automatically get sacrificed if you play a unit on a full board.

Yeah and he's too slow anyway, usually the first thing I cut, followed by that caterpillar thing.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Megazver posted:

Poro King is an inherently slow deck and getting a big fat unit that has Overwhelm on it is more or less its main win condition. I would say cutting Heart is... unwise. It's the capstone if you haven't managed to win before you got to six mana. You drop it, it hoovers up all the other poros, then if necessary your Poro King (that has Corrupted Star Fragment on it) eats it and you punch through whatever the enemy has.

Once the professor gets his mana cost reduction the deck gets a lot faster. I usually aim for refill spell mana / reduce created card cost / get keyword on summon and snowball hard by turn 3 or 4. Asol is a joke once you have 2 or 3 of those powers.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Anyone playing Runeterra with a VPN? I mostly play on my phone but tried playing on my desktop for the first time in like 2 years and I get an 'update server down' error unless I disable Mullvad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Pilchenstein posted:

Yeah it doesn't work for me on mullvad, I had to change the runeterra shortcut to launch excluded from the vpn.

Oh that's a good trick, thanks. I did find that switching my Mullvad region has it working again, oddly.

I'm actually playing some PVP again, the new Volibear/Lissandra deck that was on Reddit looked super fun so I crafted it and am having a blast.