Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle

Monathin posted:

Either Bilgewater or Bandle City will be my bet. I wonder if they'll shuffle Teemo to Bandle City when they eventually release it and put a new P/Z champ in his place. There's plenty of other champs that work there.

I haven't played LoL in years but I want to be Gangplank and shoot people and eat fruit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

I'm playing a lot of free play expeditions and man I sure hope they take Elusive units out back and shoot them

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

It's so goddamn silly how good Hecarim is even just by himself. he's basically, what, a 10/6 that you have to block three times to fully block the damage? For 6 cost that's bonkers.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Studio posted:

Seems tough to use once you have Heimer on the board. I takes so much mana to get him back out :(. I'll say that there's like, no good 3 drops to stop the Fearsome train that's going on in Ranked right now.

I've been messing around with a Karma/Ezreal burn deck. The Puffcap Cards are used more for fodder, or doing extra damage with Ezreal when you've hit his ultimate. This probably gets runover by SI right now, but if you have the cards this can be pretty fun!

CEBACAICGEEACBA3D4SCONBVGY5AEAQBAIBCSBABAQARSLJRAEAQCARY

I don't have Karma but I used my sole champ wildcard on a second Ez at least, and I'm enjoying this list's combo of making extra cards to dump with discard. Obviously it's not the same list without one of the two heroes, but it's fun as it is.

EDIT: Dropped a freshly leveled up Ez at the end of an opponent's turn, then proceeded to go Progress Day -> discounted Rummage -> Rummage -> Cloud of Mushrooms x2 for 10 nexus damage at burst speed and exact lethal without giving up priority. :cool:

I also Willed the enemy's 3/4 Fiora twice that game, once after they Deny'd my Deny on their Judgment that cleared my three dudes the turn before. Get rekt dumbo

Locke Dunnegan fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Feb 7, 2020

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Lookin forward to the SI nerf. Hecarim more like get hecked-arim.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Have people mentioned how that 6 mana Hextech Transmog P&Z spell also kinda 'counters' Ledros? You get your own to summon + block/attack every turn just like them, and I think that spell works pretty well for other surprise wins in Expedition as a pseudo combat trick to turn big dudes into weenies, nab useful stats or text in or out of combat, etc. I have jack poo poo for cards yet so I can't really make a constructed deck to gently caress with it, but it's a cool card regardless.

EDIT: Tried to find a link to the card and found someone else loving with the idea a week ago, but who knows.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

DrManiac posted:

"Oh cool, my rare capsule upgraded to a champion one!"

:negative:
I don't see the problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhPfPcGGQwU

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Always draft forever, roll the dice, constructed is for cowards who desire control, play into four Rhasas the way God intended before Rhasa killed him

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

I know it's apparently already on the board for fixes but wow Elusive really drains my will to live. Elusive units should have their health halved across the board so you actually have to pay for the massive power bonus of avoiding defenders, since that's a huge portion of the game.

That said, I just got 7 wins with a super control Heimer/Ez expedition deck with a ton of beefy Demacia midrange units and buffs to protect them and challengers to try to stem to tide of every person ever stacking elusives. It also included the 30/30 cat summon card and probably half my wins were from it.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

If I had all the cards I'd play Lux in every deck, especially with Deny going up in cost. Big boy spells PWISH PEW PEW BZORP

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

This doesn't help but when a Savage Reckoner hits a weenie I picture it like a huge anime dude running up and punting a little animal into the sky

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Those of us former/current Hearthstone players appreciate the lift job.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Expedition is fine

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Pilchenstein posted:

Hecarim I get but Heimer seems like a complete liability, doesn't he only work in very specific decks? Every time I've played him in expeditions he dies immediately and/or I get run over for having a hand full of spells and not enough units.

That sounds like your problem is having a hand full of spells, not Heimer.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Yeah "well ackshully" is a weird devil's advocate stance in this situation, what the hell. If it's intended as-is they should add "If your faction is Demacia" to it somewhere. It saying it gives an Elite and then it not is kinda uhhhhh a bug from unintended interactions among the base cards. It's not like someone did some exploit, it's literally a possibility in the game.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

"Drain" is the keyword, which requires that damage is dealt. So you can Drain 3 health from a barrier all you want but it's going to do 0 damage and you won't heal. Unless I had a really bad case of poo brain yesterday and somehow misinterpreted what I thought was a barrier blocking grasp heal for a win for me.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Considering the advent and discovery of that bullshit "spend more money = better MMR" system a few years ago, I just assume that any idea of "rank" is horseshit with fuckery behind the curtain to increase engagement to the detriment of everything else. So I just play cards and smash them into each other.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

hit button posted:

Yeah in general I wouldn't put much store in the rankings in runeterra. The best players seem to pingpong up and down to the pretty extreme ends of the ranking, and grinding away with some effective netdeck with a bit of game knowledge can get you fairly high after a decent winstreak. That said, you don't get to like the top 10 without being pretty drat good at the game.

I'm pretty sure that rank in runeterra masters == MMR though, so that first thing isn't really a concern.

Yeah but who cares about masters, that's like what .001% of the playerbase (probably not it's a number fresh from my butt)

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

d0grent posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyG6KwTYwOw

Probably hard to level and idk how much it will really help you even, but other than that the card seems good

Looks like a really loving terrible idea. It's like Azari, The Devourer in Hearthstone with less of a useful ramping up. Either it works well enough to become lovely to play against or it doesn't and he's a meme that nukes your own deck. I guess if there's some alternate win conditions or some support for a Cloning Gallery type deck? It just seems like a really niche, swingy champ that is either Too Good or Really loving Bad.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Seriously concerned at the possibility of having a pushed deck archetype of "solitaire healing and then you nuke the opponent's deck and win" that Maokai may engender because golly similar deck archetypes in Hearthstone weren't fun. The only thing close to the stupid "i win" hearthstone combo decks is an Ezreal burst deck, and I see that as a good thing. Them flexing their design chops by immediately stepping into the stupid trap of severe opponent deck disruption that can literally just happen on playing a pre-flipped Maokai makes me worry.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Maokai and a circle of 5-6 jerks

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

I had a spooky karma deck dump 2x deny on like a t4 rummage, apparently searching for a trick or removal during a combat. Too bad I'm playing a bad homebrew deck with chonky spells because I kinda ran the game after that.

Then again I also had a different spooky karma opponent in this fun and also balanced and good game:

Turn 5: Karma, killed with Get Excited, Mist's Call revived, gets value.
Turn 6: killed with Trueshot, another is played. Karma gets value.
Turn 7: something something thermo beam Rekindler for more value.
Turn 8: statikk and mystic, used Mist's Call after combat and got Rekindler back so free extra Karma. 4/4 and 4/3 champ for 3 mana spell, very balanced.
Turn 9: killed Karma with smth I dunno, played the third Karma.
Turn 10: Harrowing, I lose.

Pretty cool hero and also being able to revive the same single unit over and over is definitely the thing they need to crib from Rez Priest in Hearthstone. 👍👍👍

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Lucian just seems like he's just drat good for his cost just as an early spooky body, and also a lot of the time you get a Senna to tag along right away, and she's only slightly 'worse' but also doesn't eat a champ pick, obvious synergy aside. He's not quite Zed but his region supports him better I think.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

You block her and then use a removal spell on her ephemeral ally. The spell completes before combat resolves so she takes the block damage. Otherwise you remove her from the board through direct damage outside of combat, or Will, or race by freezing/stunning, blocking with buffed chumps, goofy poo poo like Death Mark, whatever else gets around her basically having a pseudo-shield during combat.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Lordy Jesus I'm already dreaming up a Lee Sin Yasuo Stun/Recall deck. Maybe toss Katarina in there too since her buff is super nice.

Recall looks fun in PnZ/Ionia scrapheap style stuff with Assembly Bot. Two for one spells and you can double dip on summon effects, possibly with a discount to boot. It's a cute trick that reminds me of Glimpse.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Purify doesn't hit champs unless I missed something

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Monathin posted:

So in anticipation I put together a not-so-short list of every card between the two regions that might have a use for advancing your wincons of doing out of combat damage or stunning/recalling units to get Swain and Yasuo levelled up. This doesn't include usual picks for the sake of covering secondary problems that might arise (eg Deny in Ionia), this is strictly cards that advance one of your two major win conditions: Yasuo or Swain. Wanna see what other people think here.

NOXUS:
Death Lotus: Potential good combo with some of Vlad's units and the new Aurok Glinthorn.

Swim just made a good point on his stream that this is probably anti-synergy. Death Lotus only hits battling units, which are most likely going to be damaged or die from combat anyway, meaning Aurok is either going to hit those enemies anyway or those enemies would be dead from the damage, which doesn't really mean synergy as much as just how Death Lotus works as a ping.

I don't fully 'get' it yet but I do know how clunky Death Lotus feels to try and actually play, so aside from edge cases like using it to pop a barrier in battle with an enemy that will then get hurt and ALSO not die (so basically Knife's Edge or any other ping) I can see it ending up being underwhelming.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Firebert posted:

Undying is also quite good with the vulnerable keyword so you can force it to die

If you want a vision of the future, it is an Undying smashing into an Unyielding Vulnerable Garen, forever

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Extremely rude that TF's level up doesn't let you choose the cards. I figure it may be too powerful then with the current three cards, but I sure didn't like having my leveled hero directly kill me by doing double blue card vs. a teemo deck when I had lethal on board.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Clarste posted:

Oh, from the intro video I assumed he'd draw one of each color (in a random order) up to 3. I think that'd be better personally: it's still random but a little less random.

They aren't actually cards. If you are familiar with Hearthstone, unleveled TF acts like a Discover on play so you do get to choose. Then when he levels it just acts like a reactionary ability like Yasuo, or Karma's double spell. No control on which gets played, which is kinda weird considering how much it changes his feel between leveled and unleveled.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Turns out throwing Unyielding Spirit on a fat stack of barrels works exactly as I hoped it would. Infinite spell damage, baybeeeee

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Yeah I assumed they would have done the same treatment to Deep as they did to Accelerated Purrsuit, where they reduce the requirements due to the deck sizes, especially earlier. I wonder if they still might.

Also, blowing up huge boards with barrels + TF red card is worth the losses my terrible decks are getting.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

d0grent posted:

holy poo poo, I need to combine that with this card now

Something as simple as the 2 cost slow spell that summons two followed up with a Spirit if needed to protect seems pretty silly. And yeah that looks like it would be stupid. Double Up, uh, doubling up on barrel damage is already nice, same with Make It Rain.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Holy fuuuuck I stole a leveled Ashe's Frost Arrow off the top of their deck and killed them with it

I'm nutting so hard

The Bilge allegiance dude is so useful for getting Warning Shots for later and the allegiance hit is such a huge bonus, I can see them nerfing the warning shot to Fleeting.

Locke Dunnegan fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Apr 29, 2020

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

I started playing TF because he was one of the first champs I had waaay back when I started LoL like a decade ago, but he's quickly becoming my favorite champ in the game so far. He is basically a jack-of-all-trades (hurr), he goes well with barrel poo poo with red/gold cards, stun/aggro with the same, control with all of em (of course), Quick Attack works well with tricks and deck buffs, and also having such a strong on-play makes him very useful for recall fuckery. Pew pew i'm a poker man

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

I really wish Intimidating Roar was Ionia because I'm really missing it in my lovely TF/Yasuo deck. That said, Concussive Palm is silly. I'm bad at the game so I tend to lose to overextending and dying to an open attack, so having one or two of those in hand later on really helps.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Shadowshift isn't turning my Concussive Palm dudes back into Concussive Palm when they return to hand. Put in a bug report, but I'm kinda bummed I can't use it in the meantime. I don't want to use Recall by itself but I guess I might, it's just so laughably bad since Retreat is now a thing.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Plunder Poro is p good

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

dudeness posted:

Someone tried that invincibility spell on a Garen during expedition. Would've been a problem if I didn't have ol Mina Swiftfoot

Detain also works nice for this.

And yeah a big dumb unit loses to Will of Ionia but that was just a fun snowball game that ended in a stupidly large poro I didn't need to summon before winning, but it was too silly to pass up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

On bugs:

I failed playing TF on an empty board, it has the old 'you can only have 6 units!' pop up. I wonder if that's the case for all champs, or just new ones, or just Bilge, or just TF.

I may have said it here or somewhere else but using Shadowshift on the Concussive Palm dude didn't make turn him back into the spell, which sucked considering he's a 3 cost 3/2. It worked with Retreat I think, so maybe it's just something weird about spawning the shadow?