Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
"Where the hell am I now!?!" - Let's Play Super Metroid (Almost) Blind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

Cerebral Bore posted:

Honestly I've always felt like the SNES controller has one button too few to make an actually good control scheme for Super Metroid possible.

Even though they have two fewer buttons, the GBA games feel so much better with the shoulder buttons being modifiers to toggle special weapons/45 degree aim. If/when we get a Super Metroid remake, I hope they adopt that style of control. I didn't care for the touch screen toggles from Samus Returns.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The insistence on wall jumping after opening the door to the high jump room was glorious,

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

Argh you just learned how to clear huge vertical areas 1 block wide!

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

SSNeoman posted:

Oh no.

Oh no

OH YES

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

Tea keeps coming up with great thread titles

"You didn't think, just for a second, you weren't supposed to do that?" - Let's Play Super Metroid

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

I hope you guys are planning on watching a 100% speedrun of this game. To give you an idea of how crazy it is, the current route hits the Wrecked Ship around 20 minutes in without the grapple beam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

It's time for my favorite part of the game: wandering vaguely in a direction!

Seriously, I loved Maridia. It was the first point where you don't feel threatened by much of anything and you can actually explore, at the same time as having the world basically wide open.

Those stupid sand pits though...