Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Yeah serious boos. gently caress those people in the crowd she owned that fight. She looks great.

At least a few cheers too.

gently caress yeah DC gives the crowd poo poo for booing. I love DC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Brut posted:

Wait is the loving crowd booing? What am I hearing?

Yeah, the girl she beat is a native to NC, where the venue is in tonight

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip
"...you got Jones' fight, and..."

DC is absolutely the best.

Also Valentina :swoon:

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

beep by grandpa posted:

Yeah, the girl she beat is a native to NC, where the venue is in tonight

When your girl gets dominated like that you have to respect it, if it was some boring decision or eye pokes or some other poo poo I could understand, but how do you boo mounted hellbows, like why are you even watching fights :shrug:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Commentary talking poo poo about video game nerds, ahaha

:smith:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
He's a :monocle: gamer!

:doh:

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I also appreciated the "it's almost like the 125-pound fighters have been on a mission to entertain the fans," as though that happened completely naturally and not as a result of the UFC trading away Mighty Mouse and trying to fold the division in favor of the incredible drawing power of Henry Cejudo

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Oh poo poo

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh my God he's still down. :ohdear:

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Wow, that was quick.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

I could see he was breathing real hard and then he stopped and I was like, wait, does he have the choke hold? It didn't look like it, pretty subtle movement, but drat yeah he was loving out cold

E: blood choke, wow

Mr_Moose
May 4, 2004
So Bisping explained it, but I'm still a bit lost. Why was that not supposed to work as well as it did?

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

rip

Mr_Moose posted:

So Bisping explained it, but I'm still a bit lost. Why was that not supposed to work as well as it did?
Ordinarily to pull off a good head and arm choke you "float" over the side opposite to the arm that's locked in to really torque the arm against the carotid. He was only half over but it looked like he had it cinched in super tight and was pressing hard with his own head on the other side.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
this is the worst timeline and jon jones isnt losing

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Good choke, drat. That must've been tight.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Lid posted:

turns out having freakishly long arms and doing lots and lots of performance enhancing drugs is the best base for MMA

Caption Yaypants
Jun 12, 2013
It’s so weird to hear DC hype up a jones fight. That choke was sick.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Memento posted:

turns out having freakishly long arms and doing lots and lots of performance enhancing drugs is the best base for MMA

Also cheating like crazy, grabbing the cage, poking people in the eye, groin strikes, etc.

very effective it ends up

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Memento posted:

worked for LeBron and Djokovic too

Caption Yaypants
Jun 12, 2013

Memento posted:

He’ll always have that asterisk. If he wanted legacy he’d go up to heavyweight and fight DC and stipe.

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
This man has the prettiest eyes*swoon*

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Caption Yaypants posted:

He’ll always have that asterisk. If he wanted legacy he’d go up to heavyweight and fight DC and stipe.

all our heroes are dirty and its depressing and its the world

"Leave me in peace, everybody takes dope." - Jacques Anquetil

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Lid posted:

exhibit A: frankenstEPO walking out right now

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
what the gently caress is that moustache dude

Caption Yaypants
Jun 12, 2013

Lid posted:

Your right. Hopefully they’re all on steroids to make it even. He isn’t a giant weight cutter at least.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

What the hell was Chiesa doing to Buffer??

Its like he bowed to him, then realized he wasn't done, then started getting angry and psyched out and in his face.

He does realize that Buffer isn't the camera, right?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
how the gently caress did Chiesa ever make 155

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Caption Yaypants posted:

Your right. Hopefully they’re all on steroids to make it even. He isn’t a giant weight cutter at least.

nah it doesnt work that way, it just means whomevers body reacts best to the drugs just gets to get ahead instead

Lance Armstrong was one of many many many dirty cyclists but his body reacted to drugs so much better than everyone else. All on the same poo poo and he still was so far ahead.

meanwhile when he was clean against clean he wasnt anywhere near as good even though by logic the loss of drugs should've been the same field

drugs arent magic

Caption Yaypants
Jun 12, 2013
DC and Bisping are funny.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
long time to have a dude like Chiesa on your back

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Memento posted:

how the gently caress did Chiesa ever make 155

i think this every time i see him now

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

good first round

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Lid posted:

Jon Jones go to Heavyweight and fight Ngannou you coward.

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse
Chieasa did not like those leg kicks

Caption Yaypants
Jun 12, 2013

Lid posted:

nah it doesnt work that way, it just means whomevers body reacts best to the drugs just gets to get ahead instead

Lance Armstrong was one of many many many dirty cyclists but his body reacted to drugs so much better than everyone else. All on the same poo poo and he still was so far ahead.

meanwhile when he was clean against clean he wasnt anywhere near as good even though by logic the loss of drugs should've been the same field

drugs arent magic

Cycling is Less skill based than MMA though. I’m Australian and one of our best cricketers ever was a fat smoker. Different in mma of course but you get my point.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
I'm having a hard time figuring out which one of Chiesa's tattoos is the worst one. I've got it narrowed down to having his own name across his upper back, or the lovely little smily face on the inside of his left knee.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Caption Yaypants posted:

DC and Bisping are funny.

They have been a highlight of the entire night. They play off each other so well.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Caption Yaypants posted:

Cycling is Less skill based than MMA though. I’m Australian and one of our best cricketers ever was a fat smoker. Different in mma of course but you get my point.

Actually I think you will find several of our best cricketers ever were fat smokers

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Memento posted:

I'm having a hard time figuring out which one of Chiesa's tattoos is the worst one. I've got it narrowed down to having his own name across his upper back, or the lovely little smily face on the inside of his left knee.

Having your name on your back actually seems reasonable if you're a career MMA fighter. Its like, your uniform.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

rip
So is the twilight of RDA's career just going to consist of him getting tediously grapplefucked until he calls it a day?