Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

Periphery posted:

Swans have covid: https://www.afl.com.au/news/693501/covid-outbreak-rocks-swans-players-staff-test-positive

Ch7 reporting it's "at least 10" players.

2022 season will be super poo poo if players are constantly missing due to covid. The team that decides to put itself into a iso bubble the whole year will win the flag.

WC vs Freo GF it is then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
WC and Freo are probably going to have to leave WA to participate at this rate

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

realbez posted:

WC and Freo are probably going to have to leave WA to participate at this rate

All AFL games to be played in a WA bubble next year

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
That’d be ok but I don’t think WA will let them in

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

realbez posted:

That’d be ok but I don’t think WA will let them in

They are welcome to come over, as long as they quarantine like everyone else.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

NPR Journalizard posted:

They are welcome to come over, as long as they quarantine like everyone else.

No, I don’t think you realise how hard it is to get into WA. The afl might be able to work something out but they don’t just let you go and quarantine.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
“Like everyone else” lol nobody is allowed in

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Perth Glory can freely travel so I don't doubt the AFL will get similar treatment

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

realbez posted:

No, I don’t think you realise how hard it is to get into WA. The afl might be able to work something out but they don’t just let you go and quarantine.

The only reason we didnt have the ashes test here was because suitable quarantine settings couldnt be agreed on between the government and the two teams, which implies that there are quarantine settings that will be accepted.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Perth Glory can freely travel so I don't doubt the AFL will get similar treatment

I'm also guessing there will be different standards for the domestic leagues versus the international traveling test circus that has families along.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
more likely is no games are played in wa next year

vic hub for qld and wa teams

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
I think the Hermit Kingdom fantasies will start to break down. Maybe not in the early season but some point, they're just going to go eh gently caress it.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
AFLW starts a week from now :toot:

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
I'm loosely considering going to the round 1 match between Crows and Brisbane. 14 day weather forecast puts it at around 25 degrees on that day which sounds fantastic. And it's the Grand Final rematch! They've moved it to way down south of town at Flinders University Stadium, but ironically I was contemplating heading to Flinders University that day anyway to get some lectures recorded so maybe it lines up. Mind you, the stadium itself is still a good 20 minutes drive further south of the University.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

monolithburger posted:

AFLW starts a week from now :toot:

hope so, i think covid has other plans unfortunately. We might get a few rounds off before it impacts the season.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
There’s a rumour that Michael Hurley’s wedding was a super spreader event and a heap of Essendon players now have covid.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

I know someone who had friends attending Paul Seedsman's wedding (which was on NYE I think) and a bunch of them got COVID. You would think a few Crows players would've been there.

They're not really any different to the rest of us during the offseasons so this will just become everyday news.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Time to start thinking about a new thread for the new season, think we can at least get started for the AFLW with the start of an OP.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Windmill Hut posted:

I know someone who had friends attending Paul Seedsman's wedding (which was on NYE I think) and a bunch of them got COVID. You would think a few Crows players would've been there.

They're not really any different to the rest of us during the offseasons so this will just become everyday news.

There were quite a few past and present Crows players there, including some now at other clubs

Franko
Apr 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/DeeArmy/status/1477854643916922880 :unsmith:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

harperdc posted:

Time to start thinking about a new thread for the new season, think we can at least get started for the AFLW with the start of an OP.

I can work something up in the next couple days if no one else wants to

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
That's fine but we can just as easily roll this one over like last year. I don't really have to the time to do a new one as I still have to update my ratings site and haven't even looked at that since the GF.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Someone just do a low effort one maybe

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Chairchucker posted:

Someone just do a low effort one maybe

At least prepping the basics/minimal effort for AFLW and having bigger updates ready for the men's comp is what I meant even originally, not expecting to have a men's update ready for this weekend by any stretch.

There's a value in refreshing the threads every so often as well, and calendar year/beginning of the season is as good a time as any.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
yep all for a new thread

i would do it but im busy this week and the season begins friday and i won't even get to see the opening game of the season due to being busy, so im kinda thankful we got shunted from the opening match of of the season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Thread up, minor tweaks from Hume's 2021 thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3989965