Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Mason Wood is one of those guys who would turn it on every 10 games and look like a star then the rest of the time you had no idea he was on the park. Shame he couldn't get himself established properly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!
Yeah the cut to list sizes is going to make this off-season brutal. There should be more retirements soon too.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Saint's midfield has got issues but they do seem to be playing with enthusiasm. Umpires are dire though.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

ewe2 posted:

Saint's midfield has got issues but they do seem to be playing with enthusiasm. Umpires are dire though.

Yuck.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Is it happening?! Tell me it's happening!

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

monolithburger posted:

Is it happening?! Tell me it's happening!

I think it’s happening!

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

harperdc posted:

I think it’s happening!

CARN YOU SAINTERS!!!!

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Well at least now I can barrack for Brisbane and the Saints in the finals

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Now we just need Freo to win and Carlton to somehow have a good win over Brisbane, and send GWS crashing down to twelfth place :3:

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!
Having a look at the team Carlton selected, the Lions would need all of their players to be suspended for covid breaches for the Blues to have any chance of winning.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

Weird Sandwich posted:

Having a look at the team Carlton selected, the Lions would need all of their players to be suspended for covid breaches for the Blues to have any chance of winning.

Why pick your best team when you can just give Brisbane 40 shots at goal?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
Have the changes to list sizes been confirmed yet?

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Not to us, but the teams seem to know

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Rumours that it is down to 38 + 2 rookies

Further rumours it is 35 + 2. We'll see when more teams delist players this wekend, maybe 11 by North wasn't such a big number.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
That Gary Ablett Sr video sure is....something

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Melbourne gonna Melbourne

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Ticketek has crashed and there are 10k people lined up outside Adelaide oval unable to get in

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Jack Riewoldt is Toby Greene tier detestable

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Richmond are far and away the cuntiest team in the league and have a number of players I hope do a knee during finals

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

And on a personal note I hope the Richmond fan sitting in front of me who has done nothing but sarcastically clap and jeer Adelaide marks/goals and whinge loudly about how hard done by his underdog team has been falls down the stairs and breaks every bone in both legs

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
NTrabbit

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Crwos

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

This halfwit umpire just let Riewoldt run around the mark and snap a goal after the siren, loving AFL fix from start to finish

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009

NTRabbit posted:

Ticketek has crashed and there are 10k people lined up outside Adelaide oval unable to get in

Probably for the best really.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

drunkill posted:

Rumours that it is down to 38 + 2 rookies

Further rumours it is 35 + 2. We'll see when more teams delist players this wekend, maybe 11 by North wasn't such a big number.

I've heard 38, not sure about rookies. Teams must've been told a week or so ago because there's been a few contracts signed and I wouldn't expect that to happen unless they knew how many players they have.

As an aside I think the list reduction is a loving stupid idea, pretty sure Essendon were forced to use 38 players this season because of injuries, you're going to see some putrid football next year if any sides have a rough trot of injuries and a bunch of first year draftees get thrown to the wolves.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

It's good that Adelaide lost and kept their number one pick, actually.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
Its back!

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/The-fam...AOSwcd9fYaVZget

Who wants to start the bidding?

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
What is the reason for the list reduction?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

cmndstab posted:

What is the reason for the list reduction?

Money

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

It's because the league has less money to pay players and the best paid players wont agree to take less to keep the list sizes the same, right?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Periphery posted:

It's because the league has less money to pay players and the best paid players wont agree to take less to keep the list sizes the same, right?

Correct.

Next year the playing lists will be smaller, the best paid players will be getting the same or more, and the rest will be getting less. The SDA themselves couldn't have negotiated a better deal.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

NTRabbit posted:

Correct.

Next year the playing lists will be smaller, the best paid players will be getting the same or more, and the rest will be getting less. The SDA themselves couldn't have negotiated a better deal.

Are there any official details on the agreement?

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Anyone know what this is about? https://www.afl.com.au/news/509081/-this-is-not-acceptable-gawn-slams-petracca-and-hunt-for-juvenile-act

Edit: Found it "During three-quarter time of Saturday’s match against the Essendon Bombers at Metricon Stadium, Melbourne Demons players Christian Petracca and Jayden Hunt were filmed touching each other while coach Simon Goodwin addressed the team"

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

drat, Campbellfield is just outside my 5k circle :eng99:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

NPR Journalizard posted:

Are there any official details on the agreement?

Not yet

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

cmon sydney

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

ffs sydney

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
I dislike Tom Hawkins.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007