Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Suck it, Greene

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

snaeksikn posted:

Suck it, Greene

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Ban increased to six matches, for anyone who doesn't wanna bother looking it up.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Noice

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Chairchucker posted:

Ban increased to six matches, for anyone who doesn't wanna bother looking it up.

Good. That’s more like it.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://twitter.com/MichaelWhiting/status/1445953611016466433

Yep, sending a message to players of all levels: get your hands off the officials, dumbshits.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
I was home sick today, and out of sheer boredom turned on Trade Radio.

Pretty sure it was Adam Cooney who was trying to say that Stevic came into Greene aggressively and swung his arms out, and if Greene goes for six weeks then Stevic should be suspended too. He seemed quite upset that Greene's suspension had been lengthened!

I don't think he was joking? I turned it off pretty much immediately.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

The giants board on big footy is QAnon levels of insane. Utterly convinced of the AFLs conspiracy to destroy their own franchise that theyve pumped tens (hundreds by now?) of millions of dollars into.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Hawks are going Anti-Geelong. Saying anyone 26 or older is available to trade this week, trying to cull the list and draft kids.

https://twitter.com/Sammy__Edmund/status/1446259305921929218?t=rZbMQt7paHN2z3-DF7x1eA&s=19

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
It would feel pretty poo poo if those guys stay and know their own coach was personally shopping them around

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Sounds like the Hawks need to take a look at the Suns and Pies method of dumping highly/over paid players on other clubs.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

drunkill posted:

Hawks are going Anti-Geelong. Saying anyone 26 or older is available to trade this week, trying to cull the list and draft kids.

https://twitter.com/Sammy__Edmund/status/1446259305921929218?t=rZbMQt7paHN2z3-DF7x1eA&s=19

They want first round picks and I'm not sure any of those except maybe Sicily are worth that.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Have we heard this from Hawthorn itself or just some flogs trying to drum up interest in a fairly quiet trade week?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

It's been reported widely enough and I think the club would've said something if it wasn't true.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Bobby Hill has requested a trade to Essendon. GWS's list manager loving hates Dodoro so it looks like the media will get the trade period drama they've been desperate for.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

gay picnic defence posted:

It's been reported widely enough and I think the club would've said something if it wasn't true.
They're basically after more first round draft picks, but they're not going to get them with the names that Kane is dropping - Tom Mitchell, Wingard (who's pretty much stated he's hanging around), O'Meara, they'd all be good elsewhere, but they've had injury issues. So it's probably not going to happen on that basis.

Also gotta remember Sam Mitchell was traded in similar fashion, and he was around when Clarkson did a clean out before 2005 so it's not like he's going to be particularly sentimental about it.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Not impressed by how apparently Hill had been messaging with Essendon a month ago, if he wanted to go to leave then say it at the start of trade period.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Those two cunts that flew in for the grand final from Darwin are now spending Christmas in jail, as well as having fraud convictions which should be helpful for ones job as a financial planner and the other holding a liquor licence for their register.

Good loving riddance

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Solemn Sloth posted:

Those two cunts that flew in for the grand final from Darwin are now spending Christmas in jail, as well as having fraud convictions which should be helpful for ones job as a financial planner and the other holding a liquor licence for their register.

Good loving riddance

I didn't hear about this but if they broke border restrictions then, good, throw the book at them.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

Chairchucker posted:

I didn't hear about this but if they broke border restrictions then, good, throw the book at them.

They committed some serious fraud in both WA and NT, WA jailed them for 3 months with 10 months suspended, NT then get to have a crack at them too. The story on The Age has a comment from one of their neighbours saying how much of a shithead he is

:discourse:

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

quote:

Mr Rafferty said Xavier College graduate Babbage had an “excellent” upbringing and had completed an aeronautical engineering degree at RMIT, noting a conviction – especially for fraud – would have a significant impact on his current career as a financial planner.

UGH yes it should have an impact he's a fraudulent prick

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Your honour, please consider the impact a conviction would have on the life of this exceedingly privileged man.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Clearly there is a mistake your honour, this punishment is punishing!

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
No, but you see, punishments are only supposed to stick for those who had less-than-excellent upbringing.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Didn’t one of those private school Richmond fans who beat the poo poo out of some bloke use the same defence?

“Your Honour, consequences..? F-f-for me?”

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

gay picnic defence posted:

Didn’t one of those private school Richmond fans who beat the poo poo out of some bloke use the same defence?

“Your Honour, consequences..? F-f-for me?”

It’s basically every private school wankers first defence, and works way too often mostly because the vast majority of judges are also private school wankers

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Good to see the Luke Lazarus style defence fall over for once

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Solemn Sloth posted:

Resets the “days since last scandal” sign at West Lakes to 0

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

wtf, one of our AFLW players is antivaxx? You lot were supposed to be the good ones while the AFLM team was dead to me!

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Chairchucker posted:

wtf, one of our AFLW players is antivaxx? You lot were supposed to be the good ones while the AFLM team was dead to me!

She’s also an ICU trained nurse :negative:

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Well perhaps she'll lose both of her jobs.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
What a dumb gently caress.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

The AFL doesn't have a vaccine policy yet, and the SA government hasn't made it mandatory for footballers, and this on the day that the Richmond AFLW side has a positive case and needs to lock down, good job fuckwits :dumbbravo:

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Oct 18, 2021

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

NTRabbit posted:

The AFL doesn't have a vaccine policy yet, and the SA government hasn't made it mandatory for footballers, good job fuckwits :dumbbravo:

Its also questionable whether tex broke any laws, doesn’t mean we can’t call them both mouth breathing idiots but keep on keeping on NT-Rabbit The Living Soul pty ltd

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Solemn Sloth posted:

Its also questionable whether tex broke any laws, doesn’t mean we can’t call them both mouth breathing idiots but keep on keeping on NT-Rabbit The Living Soul pty ltd

I was calling the AFL and the SA government fuckwits for not having figured this poo poo out already, how can we be at the end of the second COVID season and the league still doesn't have a vaccine policy yet? The SA government mean time is now a minority government, and is rushing towards the first pandemic election loss in the country, but is busy cancelling every remaining election promise and project to pay for a $700 million dollar tennis court on the riverbank. Galaxybrains.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Oct 18, 2021

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

NTRabbit posted:

I was calling the AFL and the SA government fuckwits for not having figured this poo poo out already, how can we be at the end of the second COVID season and the league still doesn't have a vaccine policy yet? The SA government mean time is now a minority government, and is rushing towards the first pandemic election loss in the country, but is busy cancelling every remaining election promise and project to pay for a $700 million dollar tennis court on the riverbank. Galaxybrains.

Oh yeah I agree the AFL in particular are just brain dead morons. It’s honestly a miracle they’ve managed to keep two AFLM seasons running

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I love that footy posting is so one eyed that you read that post as nt rabbit defending the anti vaxxer lol

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
The AFL will make it mandatory. But by the time they do (mid November I presume) we'll be 95% vacced anyway and Victoria has made it mandatory so players wanting to play in Victoria will have to be fully vaccinated by the start of the AFLW or AFL seasons.

I think a lot of industries and even other states are very happy that the Victorian government has introduced mandates for most of the workforce, it takes a lot of heat and pressure off everyone else to enforce it 'oh well too bad, government says so'

I would be very happy if any footballers who are not getting vaccinated are effectively resigning from being footballers.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Tom McDonald thinks players should not be forced to be vaccinated, and he's fine playing against antivaxxers

Erin Phillips thinks people should not be forced to be vaccinated, but that in turn people who aren't vaccinated need to accept the repercussions of that decision re travel, leisure, and employment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Hell yes Tom McDonald you loving Jordan Peterson lobster brained oval office I was waiting for you to go full mask off with your bullshit

Erin Phillips is a good egg. No one is strapping people down and shoving the vaccine into them but guess what you don’t have freedom from consequences for your dumb choices.

Solemn Sloth fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Oct 18, 2021