Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

realbez posted:

I like Bernie Vince’s best 22 of players who have left the crows. Especially the captain

B: Alex Keath, Phil Davis, Jake Lever

HB: Martin Mattner, Nathan Bock, Bernie Vince (c)

C: Chris Knights, Patrick Dangerfield, Ricky Henderson

HF: Josh Jenkins, Mitch McGovern, Jack Gunston

F: Eddie Betts, Kurt Tippett, Charlie Cameron

R: Sam Jacobs, Hugh Greenwood, Jarryd Lyons

IC: Ivan Maric, Matthew Wright, Shaun McKernan, Cam Ellis-Yolmen

Honestly that is a pretty solid team all up. Forward line is probably too tall but it's good other than that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/FootyRhino/status/1281077472335822848?s=19

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

That's weird, I thought the Crows gameplan each week was to lay back and get steamrolled

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
How does that sort of thing get accidentally tweeted?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

gay picnic defence posted:

How does that sort of thing get accidentally tweeted?

He's blaming his broken phone

I wonder if that's his excuse for being a fascist as well

Like, "here's the phone that I totally didn't just throw into a wall to cover for being a fuckhead, but in fact was trying to take notes on"

Memento fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Jul 9, 2020

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Memento posted:

Do I wanna know what this is about?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Memento posted:

:stare:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Well maybe fascist is too harsh but there sure is a lot of Ben Shapiro, Rita Panahi and Dana Loesch in his likes on twitter.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
He was also (rumoured) that he wasn't going to kneel at the first match back, teammates told him to cut that poo poo out apparently.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Matt Crouch gets dropped for one game, doesn't change a thing about his putrid play, keeps his spot, Brad a shower of shite and not dropped either, but the air waves are burning up because of David Mackay and his golden ticket being in for the first time this season.

Memento posted:

Well maybe fascist is too harsh but there sure is a lot of Ben Shapiro, Rita Panahi and Dana Loesch in his likes on twitter.

Have you seen how white he is? Not that surprising tbh

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Memento posted:

You know, if you're gonna be a conservative right win poo poo bag why not at least aspire towards memorable right wing bastards like Reagan or Howard as opposed to third rate gently caress knuckles like those three.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Nutsngum posted:

You know, if you're gonna be a conservative right win poo poo bag why not at least aspire towards memorable right wing bastards like Reagan or Howard as opposed to third rate gently caress knuckles like those three.

Did Reagan have a podcast?
Does Howard have an instagram account?
Did Thatcher tweet?

Wrap it up you mostly dead failures :smug:

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

What kind of a plan is that anyway? Beat the opposition, have a clear plan and execute, also your opponent is lazy and unfit? That's not a plan, that's just the shittiest self-reinforcment I've ever heard.

Also WTF at him listening to the loving idw morons. That's a real shame because he's one of the only Crows that has bothered to actually show up this year.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

https://www.reddit.com/r/AFL/comments/ho16kn/joel_selwood_going_high_with_intent_then_going/

Pretty embarrassing. I made a comment here recently about Dangerfield's flopping damaging his reputation a bit it's the same for Selwood.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

Windmill Hut posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/AFL/comments/ho16kn/joel_selwood_going_high_with_intent_then_going/

Pretty embarrassing. I made a comment here recently about Dangerfield's flopping damaging his reputation a bit it's the same for Selwood.

I didn’t see that one last night, but I did see the usual driving his head into a tackle and arm raising a few times.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

2 things about tonight's game.

Hawthorn are atrocious. And the umpires are worse.

Seriously, that was a horribly umpired game. Inconsistent, and poor.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
umpires getting payback on clarkson for calling them out publicly.

edit:

this sums it up
https://twitter.com/brayden_cocks/status/1281557950956367877

drunkill fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Jul 10, 2020

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
True story. I don't think the headline is accurate, but it certainly affects my enjoyment.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-11/what-if-broadcasters-are-the-source-of-afl-image-problem/12437678

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

It’s probably why I never agree with commentators BOG when I watch a game live at the ground.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

This new holding the ball rule is absolutely atrocious. They have completely ignored the whole "prior opportunity" part of it. The AFL are a bunch of morons.,

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Nutsngum posted:

This new holding the ball rule is absolutely atrocious. They have completely ignored the whole "prior opportunity" part of it. The AFL are a bunch of morons.,

Yeah it's hosed. Eventually noone will want to grab the ball in a pack and just paddle it forwards.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
get in the loving bin stkilda

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

NPR Journalizard posted:

Yeah it's hosed. Eventually noone will want to grab the ball in a pack and just paddle it forwards.

I thought that’s exactly what they’re after

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Saints first quarter: :toot:

Saints third quarter: :stare:

just...ugh.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Is it really so hard to get it right? If there's no prior opportunity, you're fine. If there is and you don't dispose of it legally, free kick. None of this "knocked out in a tackle" stuff, none of this "genuine attempt" stuff. It doesn't seem that difficult to me.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Spedman posted:

I thought that’s exactly what they’re after

Yeah pretty much. Better than the mauls and non stop stoppages.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
And it’s better if players just knock the ball on than pick it up and then either just ride the tackle or drop/throw the ball at the first hint of contact and get away with it like that have been. It isn’t a surprise to see the dogs and saints annoyed by it, really.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Periphery posted:

get in the loving bin umpires

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Deserved to lose that. Just deplorable.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Looking forward to seeing this star ruckman for the crows leave Nic Nat in a cloud of dust

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

I watched that game out of duty when I got home at half time and saw that third quarter, so great to see Longmuir’s game plan coming together, intensity around the ball and not wasting possession out of the backline.

There is life post-Ross

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
First Lockdown II, and now this poo poo?! gently caress it all.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
I hope lockdown never ends so the Saints never come back

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Crows at least somewhat entertaining to watch at the moment, just unable to actually convert any of their good play into goals.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Did Nic Nat stick it up O'Brien when he got his goal?

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Better. Nic Nat with the absolute powermove

https://twitter.com/C_Filippo23/status/1281850438325690373

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

You didnt quite see who it was at, but there was definitely words exchanged and fingers pointed with someone.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

NPR Journalizard posted:

You didnt quite see who it was at, but there was definitely words exchanged and fingers pointed with someone.

Good

Twitter For Dummies would've been funnier than a new phone imo

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Good

Twitter For Dummies would've been funnier than a new phone imo

It was “that’s for you” yell and point as he was running back to the middle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

realbez