Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Spedman posted:

"Sam Newman trending in Australia" always gets my hopes up, only to be dashed again

If he goes through with his anti covid protest we could be cheering in a fortnight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Danny Frawley was diagnosed with CTE. Surely the current players will take notice now.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

NTRabbit posted:

Danny Frawley was diagnosed with CTE. Surely the current players will take notice now.

Fun fact, some of my Facebook friends were having a discussion a while back about how soccer banning headers for kids was the world gone mad or something, (and probably something about may as well play netball) and I pulled out a study that said that kids who header soccer balls are more likely to get brain damage, and one of my Facebook friends said something along the lines of 'What's wrong with that?'

Brain damage in children, what's the big deal?

Anyway, I didn't know how to relate to someone who thought that so that conversation didn't last heaps long after that.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

2.4 with 2 ootf and all 4 points simple set shots from in front, gently caress we are bad at kicking for goal

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

lol we're winning?

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
Hawks are absolutely dreadful.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
I wonder if Essendon turned on a better gameplan at half time last week or if Hawthorn just decided to start tanking

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Clarkson is gone, RIP Hawks

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

lol 3 Bombers defenders just gave up and looked at eachother as they all let Ryan run into space and mark, not once - but twice in a row.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

that has to be touched, cmon

jesus christ did they install 360p webcams running at 25hz - what garbage blurry footage

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Sep 1, 2020

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Those cameras should be used for the Grand Final and it should decide the GF. Its the only way 2020 season can end properly

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Lol loving hell Essendon. Why would you play on then?

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

What, we have another 4 day turnaround? What the gently caress AFL

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

lol Hawf

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

For fucks sake, Shuey strains his hammy proper after he already strained it and they sent him back on.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
In before the Crows declare all problems now behind them and sign Matthew Nicks to a ten year deal.

(I was really happy to see them finally win though :unsmith:)

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

lol imagine losing to the Crows

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

As cool as it was to see Daniher up and about I won’t be sad if he goes. If all you’re doing is missing shots on goal you’re little more than a turnover merchant.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

He's sitting on the fence, literally.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

"As part of compensation for losing the 2020 decider, the MCG will receive a handful of extra games in the 2021 season, with the national draft also included in the deal with Victoria"

Cue Richmond and Collingwood never leaving Victoria in 2021.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Diet Crack posted:

"As part of compensation for losing the 2020 decider, the MCG will receive a handful of extra games in the 2021 season, with the national draft also included in the deal with Victoria"

Cue Richmond and Collingwood never leaving Victoria in 2021.

I’d assume it’s a reduction of games at Marvel since the AFL owns it and wouldn’t have to negotiate with an extra party

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Solemn Sloth posted:

I’d assume it’s a reduction of games at Marvel since the AFL owns it and wouldn’t have to negotiate with an extra party

So it'll be North vs GC in an almost empty MCG instead of North vs GC in an only slightly empty Marvel?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

BrigadierSensible posted:

So it'll be North vs GC in an almost empty MCG instead of North vs GC in an only slightly empty Marvel?

I think the intra club games would be held on the Gold Coast

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

BrigadierSensible posted:

So from 2019 games held at docklands that might be reasonably attractive to the MCG
Essendon vs Bulldogs - 41k
Essendon v Port - 42k
Essendon v North - 45k
St Kilda v Richmond - 41k
Essendon v Hawthorn - 44k
Carlton v North - 42k
Richmond v Sydney - 40k
North v Essendon - 48k
Essendon v St Kilda - 42k

There were 45 regular season games at the MCG in 2019, of those 14 were under 40k and another 4 were in the 40s.

The AFL could absolutely make a reasonable offer to the MCG. It won't fully compensate the loss of a capacity grand final, but it will help immediate cashflow. It just depends on how much of it's own money the AFL is willing to give up by missing out on some near-capacity matches at Docklands (and presumably making up some of the difference to the home club).

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Why didn’t they just say ‘force majeure lol’ and tell the MCC to eat a bag of dicks?

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
It's almost as if bending over backwards to cater to the MCC has become muscle memory for the AFL now.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Gill going the full 1980's Steve Kernahan hair style

https://twitter.com/CarltonFC/status/477786344698023937?s=20

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

gay picnic defence posted:

Why didn’t they just say ‘force majeure lol’ and tell the MCC to eat a bag of dicks?

Presumably would have upset the Victorian Government too which gives a fuckton of cash to the AFL and clubs (that's presumably more why they threw in the draft hosting though)

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Victorians better loving behave for the next few weeks so I can go to my mates house with 5-10 other people by the time the grand final arrives. I can live without the pub, I can't live with watching the GF in my house with my girlfriend.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Windmill Hut posted:

Victorians better loving behave for the next few weeks so I can go to my mates house with 5-10 other people by the time the grand final arrives. I can live without the pub, I can't live with watching the GF in my house with my girlfriend.

gently caress football, I just want to be able to go somewhere out of the city for a holiday.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Periphery posted:

gently caress football, I just want to be able to go somewhere out of the city for a holiday.

I live in Frankston. I would love to be able to get up to the city for a holiday.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Periphery posted:

YES, LET THE HATE FLOW.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Good to see the Demons back in their comfort zone this year. Show enough to inspire some hope, then poo poo all over their fans.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Distinct lack of activity in here during a Melbourne bed making GBS threads.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Can Carlton and Melbourne please stop loving up the Giants first round pick we have already

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
that was entirely expected

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!

drunkill posted:

that was entirely expected

As sure as night follows day, Carlton will buckle under pressure and give up the lead in the last quarter.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Nutsngum posted:

Distinct lack of activity in here during a Melbourne bed making GBS threads.

Been a distinct lack of activity in here period.

also lol Melbourne

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
I think a good portion of the chat moved to the discord, which i check only occasionally