Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
this umpire clearly has money on Brisbane what the actual gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Aren't Melbourne guaranteed a finals spot anyway? Win or loss.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

BrigadierSensible posted:

Aren't Melbourne guaranteed a finals spot anyway? Win or loss.

Win gets us a home final and the windswept plains of Casey are a significant advantage.

My fuckin heart.

Is that the first time an AFLW game has had a live kick after the siren to determine the result?

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Go Dees

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I know there’s a couple others who play footy, is training allowed yet in Australia? We’re finally getting training started today.

monolithburger posted:

Congrats on your recent modship :toot:

Thank you :)

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Brisbane and Freo both losing in the AFLW today makes things very fascinating for the Crows vs Collingwood match tomorrow.

If the Crows win by a few goals they should take top spot. However, if they lose by a few goals they will drop all the way down to fifth place and be forced to travel to Perth to play Freo. Closer results will mostly likely mean either second or fourth spot.

At least it is now essentially impossible for the Crows to end up playing Melbourne in week one of the finals... they're looking pretty drat scary! Just knocked off three of the top teams in a row.

As for the men's comp, the Crows were soundly beaten today but at least they gave a red hot crack and looked like they were playing footy that could potentially win matches at some stage in the future. Taylor Walker with 11 goals for the year so far :stare:

cmndstab fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Mar 27, 2021

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I feel like scheduling both melbourne games on the same day should be against the charter of human rights

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

If May could attempt to prevent a goal at some point tonight it would be good imo

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

lol love to call for the running handball of a set shot and not even make the distance

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Kosi Pickett has come on a long way since last year

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I think the tweak the new man on the mark rule needs is that if a player goes in before play on was called, but the player in possession had gone off their mark, its play in. Im noticing umpires are calling play on even later now, partly because the player in possession often starts running when the umpire is midway through telling the guy on the mark to stand.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Lever :negative:

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Both these teams loving suck. Except for Kozzy

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Testekill posted:

Both these teams loving suck. Except for Kozzy

That last petracca pass was pretty neato imo but otherwise i agree 100%

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Here comes the choke

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I think gawns height must impact the blood flow to his brain, because I can’t imagine why else you’d decide at a stoppage deep inside your defensive 50, with a slim lead late in the game, you’d decide to tap it out into space rather than forcing another stoppage

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I had literally nothing to do tonight and I feel like I should get the last hour of my life refunded.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Testekill posted:

I had literally nothing to do tonight and I feel like I should get the last hour of my life refunded.

This but 30 odd years

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Cancel the season now.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Thank gently caress for aflw

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Gold Coast good?

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
I read the last dozen or so posts and assumed Melbourne had been beaten. Looks like they won by three goals? What was it about the match that upset you?

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

cmndstab posted:

I read the last dozen or so posts and assumed Melbourne had been beaten. Looks like they won by three goals? What was it about the match that upset you?

We should've won by a lot more, could've easily been a 40 points. Kicked 12.19 and a LOT of those points were very gettable set shots. Two of the Saints goals came from easy marks that we dropped and the Saints pounced for goals.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

BrigadierSensible posted:

Gold Coast good?

They're always good in the first 6 rounds

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Go Dees imo

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

cmndstab posted:

What was it about the match that upset you?

Melbourne were playing

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Is there a way to listen to abc’s pre-game coverage online since I’m not in the car / over 80 years old and thus don’t have access to an am radio

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

Solemn Sloth posted:

Is there a way to listen to abc’s pre-game coverage online since I’m not in the car / over 80 years old and thus don’t have access to an am radio

should be able to through the AFL app, or grandstand on the ABC app until the AFL take over the feed.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

cmndstab posted:

If the Crows win by a few goals they should take top spot.

:dance:

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

go carlton

i haven't forgotten about my new team

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Why are the umpires wearing blue during a dog's home game

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
This is a pretty good game of footy

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

snaeksikn posted:

Why are the umpires wearing blue during a dog's home game

Tis very dumb, just like when the umpires wore pink during the breast cancer awareness game between the Bulldogs and Demons (who'd substituted the red on the jumpers for pink)

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Testekill posted:

Tis very dumb, just like when the umpires wore pink during the breast cancer awareness game between the Bulldogs and Demons (who'd substituted the red on the jumpers for pink)

And the Dees lost when one of their players kicked the ball straight at one of the field umpires inside their 50 for their last foray forward, losing by less than a goal

Still salty

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

snaeksikn posted:

And the Dees lost when one of their players kicked the ball straight at one of the field umpires inside their 50 for their last foray forward, losing by less than a goal

Still salty

Never forget

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Really dont mind losing a game like that, gently caress footy is good some times. Dogs are going to be decent this year.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

The Giants have kicked 1.9 to half time, with every score coming from a separate player.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
I'm starting to think our victory against GWS last week wasn't actually all that impressive.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
They seem pretty bad right now. Freo are running riot. Imagine if they had a forward line

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Let's go the Adelaide Crows football club, win another premiership please.