Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Freo Heavo Ho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Fyfe just kept trying to fend off, getting tackled, getting a second tackler, and then either throwing it, dropping it, or getting taken to ground, and wasn't called htb a single loving time

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Frost giving away three blatant frees and one maybe free in the space of 90 seconds and none of them get called, sure okay

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

In what universe do they pay a free for an illegal tackle after the ball should be dead from the free seconds before? Presumably that means anytime someone gets held after the ball crosses the boundary should be a free too

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Go Dees

I look forward to going to the Tigers game next week when I'm in Melbourne

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Solemn Sloth posted:

In what universe do they pay a free for an illegal tackle after the ball should be dead from the free seconds before? Presumably that means anytime someone gets held after the ball crosses the boundary should be a free too

It’s because it was high I think. High contact has been a reason to reverse frees forever

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

realbez posted:

It’s because it was high I think. High contact has been a reason to reverse frees forever

Generally for pretty egregious stuff though rather than a tackle that slips high before play comes to a stop. It was weird imo

Umpiring was fairly poor standard all day and we probably got the rub of it in some important moments.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Dees

5-0

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Banning phones because of betting needlessly punishes players wanting to use a phone for any other reason. Don't care if the sacredness of betting is upset by this.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Just ban sports gambling.

For everyone, not just players.

Ban the companies.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Chairchucker posted:

Just ban sports gambling.

For everyone, not just players.

Ban the companies.

(But also suspend de goey and howe because gently caress Collingwood)

Solemn Sloth fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Apr 19, 2021

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Collingwood was already warned about phone access during games a couple weeks back :allears:

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Im sure the warning they get about this infraction will definitely make them think twice before breaking the rules again.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

https://www.titusoreily.com/afl/nathan-jones-is-the-greatest-person-who-ever-lived

quote:

In my entire Melbourne Football Club supporting life, there is no player I’ve loved more than Nathan Jones.

During the darkest moments, when it felt like supporting the Dees was a macabre procession of failures, there was Jones on the bottom of a pack trying to will his teammates to show just a modicum of his desire.

With his 300th game on Saturday, Jones represents every Demons supporter who has refused to give up on the club despite countless reason to throw in the towel. Despite it being so incredibly painful for so long.

A nice article by Titus, and relatively serious for him.

Onya Nafe.

:unsmith:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

It’s hard to put into words how I feel about Nathan Jones but that article does a pretty good approximation

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
He's one of the very few players I've seen who genuinely deserve a flag imo

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
You used to be able to laugh at the Dee's for a long time, but you couldn't laugh at Jones

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Kiara Bowers very lucky to have her medal, hardly the fairest player having been charged with tripping and dangerous tackling a number of times this season, plus the fact she polled votes in the double up games against West Coast.

She's a great player but not B&F worthy this season imo.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

#1 #2 draft pick to debut against hawthorn this weekend :toot:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

lol what the gently caress

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

How are Gold Coast winning by 4 goals and yet fail to score from an interception 20 metres out straight in front

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

There is something about playing against the eagles that makes other teams wake the gently caress up, and its getting annoying.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Just saw the West Coast-Geelong score :staredog:

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

West Coast seem to just give up when the opponent gets a run on, even before McGovern was subbed out they looked like they were going through the motions.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Brayshaw doesn't look fit

Franko
Apr 25, 2007
If Dees win this can we get a police check on Dees posters because the erection they have will cause them to lose blood to the brain and pass out.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

The AFL will be happy Dusty is out with concussion for a week so they don't have to worry about finding reasons not to suspend him for dropping both knees into some oval office

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

gay picnic defence posted:

The AFL will be happy Dusty is out with concussion for a week so they don't have to worry about finding reasons not to suspend him for dropping both knees into some oval office

Tom Lynch is still out there, they're not quite out of the woods yet.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Are Richmond bad now? I'd like that.

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!

Chairchucker posted:

Are Richmond bad now? I'd like that.

Don't think they're that bad. Maybe fallen to mediocre at worst

They'll finish 9th again

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Weird Sandwich posted:

They'll finish 9th again

inshallah

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

loving amateur hour

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Go dees.

Richmond players had a loving tantrum for the last ten minutes and should grow the gently caress up the insecure cunts.

Salem got robbed for BoG imo

E:and now Channel 7 have given Salem an espresso machine but he doesn’t drink coffee.

Solemn Sloth fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Apr 24, 2021

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
I didn't see the match but heard Richmond got incredibly salty when the game was lost and started turning up the oval office factor?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

thepokey posted:

I didn't see the match but heard Richmond got incredibly salty when the game was lost and started turning up the oval office factor?

Pretty much and for the first time in ages the umpires weren’t sucked in by it which was nice.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Dusty out hey?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h3Zx4bV0RE

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Should give the back of Viney’s head your 5 coaches votes for next week imo

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
what the gently caress is this 6-0 bullshit

we're at the point where it's like "last time this happened women couldn't vote"

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Memento posted:

what the gently caress is this 6-0 bullshit

we're at the point where it's like "last time this happened women couldn't vote"

The last time Melbourne went 6-0 melbourne missed the finals

:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Solemn Sloth posted:

The last time Melbourne went 6-0 melbourne missed the finals

:thunk:

I look forward to us missing the finals again in 2021