Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Blues bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Eddie :unsmith:

Could we have another draw?!

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Crows, oh dear oh dear

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Saints!!

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Tigers only know how to score 30-something points now in a game apparently

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

realbez posted:

Lol lynch misses from the top of the goal square set shot

You Hate To See It

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I'm imagining so many Tiges fans open-palm slapped that membership into the microwave after last night

delicious

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

There’s been a few Real Bad kick choices the end of this quarter.

My wife’s also not a fan of some of the hairstyles.

[Edit] it’s a donnybrook!

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I’d put footy fights only below ice hockey on the ranking ladder of fights in team sports. Baseball fights are worse, basketball fights have been legislated out of the NBA, and American football ones happen very rarely.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

gay picnic defence posted:

Nah, they're checking to make sure McKenna didn't breach the protocols though.

Given the tests aren't super accurate it's possible he picked it up at the airport or on the plane and had been carrying it the entire time.

The bigger issue is that this thing has the potential to gently caress up your lungs for a long time so it could end his career as an elite athlete.

Assuming all the testing he's done is "up the nose" proper tests and not just temperature checks, then my guess is he got it on the plane, as what it seems like really provides chance to catch the virus is extended exposure to somebody with it. flying the roo route back from Europe is a good way to get exposure.

poo poo luck for Essendon. let's hope the tracing can provide some clarity and the testing comes up negative for the rest of the team. best decision to delay the match, and my guess is they'll either lose the bye or get an added 'mid-week' match because of it.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Carn Saints

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

waiting for a commentator to finally bust out "THE BUTLER DID IT!" for a goal

I'm really impressed with the pressure and fight from the Saints, but still nervous...

[edit] what are they basing that 'Pressure Gauge' on for the broadcast? First time I've seen that

harperdc fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Jun 27, 2020

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

boy undead posted:

Oh gently caress, Gresh's eye

:gonk:

looked like he shook the wrong tree in Animal Crossing

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

oh man, Essendon couldn't get it done even after the gifted 50 there at the end.

Bombers still have a game in hand but that's a rough one to lose.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Solemn Sloth posted:

If you just want something to pour time into for a little bit and then return to your normal sportsballs, go for Melbourne. I guarantee you you will not feel any urge to return and keep watching.

Also, the local USAFL amateur club in Boston are also the Demons. But the AFL club history is closer to the New York Knicks than anything else.

Don’t worry about having to choose a favorite team after two games. Enjoy the sport and let it come naturally.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

oystertoadfish posted:

without the special soccer channel they put most of the games on, I don't get enough of the games to really latch onto one team in my opinion. I just let the sports wash over me. incidentally, was funny to see that one-pointer where the losing team had more goals but lost on behinds iirc, Carlton and someone, how often does that happen?

one other thing to remember is at least these first games they've moved to 16-minute quarters, so between that and some rustiness, there are some low-scoring games at the moment.

it can happen, especially if both teams are kicking like poo poo. Or when one team especially kicks bad - Saints-Richmond from this weekend, both teams had about the same number of scoring kicks (I think 17 to 18 if memory serves) but Saints kicked straight, which is a miracle in and of itself, and Richmond missed some sitters. Easy way to settle a four-goal game.

plus the Carlton-Essendon game was funny for how it ended -- Essendon getting a gift to get a chance at winning...and the set shot pushes wide. lol.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

monolithburger posted:

Also, I guess Geary is a forward now.

:psyduck:

Wait that’s also Gresham’s first goal too?! Wow.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Saints!! :toot:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Spedman posted:

Sounds like they’ve added a “ball” sound to the fake crowd noise

it's what I was calling for from the first return game a couple weeks ago, glad they've finally caught up.

thepokey posted:

Need to play the ANZAC Day game in July each year now.

Fourth of July game?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

monolithburger posted:

Isn't it the 4th of July though? No one would be sober enough to care this late in the day.

Lord knows this year. But there aren’t other sports on right now, so it fills a gap.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Saints first quarter: :toot:

Saints third quarter: :stare:

just...ugh.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Nutsngum posted:

Had we beaten Freo I would think that Adelaide would be a real danger game as it would just be perfect for us to catch them on a good day and they beat us but the players should have an absolute rocket shoved up their rear end after that embarrassing display.

Ive been super happy with all our recruits for this year but Hill has just been so loving lacklustre. I wouldnt drop him but gently caress me he needs to lift.

Apparently that post-game rocket was a derivation of “I’m not mad, I’m disappointed,” (Ratten’s words were apparently “Who do you want to be?”) which we all should know is the real one that cuts deep.

Hill might’ve just been seeing red against an old team. The whole squad put in one quarter then took their foot off the gas, it was beyond frustrating. Almost better to lose that than sneak it in under the wire.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

boy undead posted:

the 2029 grand final will be held in the thunderdome

off-the-ball decapitation will earn you two weeks from the MRP, who are now shadowy rulers of the wasteland

Official judgment from the MRP:

:mediocre:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Eddie Betts still kicking goals

bit of a slow start to the game tonight too

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Max King!

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

gonna guess NTRabbit just hit the roof over that Hill no-call

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Carn Saints

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

the Power faithful sound extra feral tonight.

Saints are keeping it close, it's exciting but also really nerve-wracking.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

That Membray goal owned, haters vacate.

Testekill posted:

First time in 120 years a team has won kicking just one behind.

And St. Kilda being the ones to accomplish that is beyond astonishing considering the last few years!

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

also sounds like the Swans and Giants are going to have to get over the border to Brisbane/Queensland early, and instead of basing out of Sydney and flying in/out, will have to base out of Queensland instead until they go to Perth.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

drunkill posted:

Footyjumpers.com found an old article describing/showing uniforms of old pre-vfl teams

This owns

https://twitter.com/footyjumpers/status/1288259952667066368?s=19

St. Pauli AFC!

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

monolithburger posted:

A 50 for throwing the ball back....what the actual gently caress.

Was about to say, because he tried to make the ball tickle the clouds he got a 50?

Ignore that the ball went back to the man. Fucks sake.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Saints...good?

Gresham is absolutely flying today

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Come on Saints finish this one off.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Solemn Sloth posted:

Think I found a glitch in the matrix, all Saints vs Suns games are the loving same

2020 Round 10 Saints 78 - Suns 74
2019 Round 13 Saints 80 - Suns 76
2019 Round 1 Saints 85 - Suns 84
2018 Round 13 Saints 80 - Suns 78

The broadcast made that comment at halftime or three-quarter time, yeah. Last four matches all inside one goal (and for the Saints to boot).

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Carn Saints, need to bounce back from last week.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

boy undead posted:

actually upset King didn't kick four that quarter

he was so close to it too. but I'm really encouraged watching him, even if he doesn't bring in the mark it comes right to feet and there are plenty there to feed off the scraps.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

that last minute for the Saints really put some gloss on the first half, my god

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

gently caress's sake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

FFS

loving Frustrating Saints