Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Solemn Sloth posted:

Looks like the Bears have turned up instead of the hawks? Probably a better chance

we play a team here that uses that jumper design, at least it contrasts with everything.

this Saints-Crows match reminds me of teams struggling in heat and humidity at the Asian tournament too, yuck. bad footy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

massive bump on Clark leads to a broken jaw, that has to be loving painful.

Crows didn't score until the single digits of the second quarter, it was truly impressive.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I think the Saints have enough back in to not collapse like against Adelaide, but they also might just have a garden-variety whooping coming.

Either way I guess I’ll be watching.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Chairchucker posted:

Go Saints imo. Thoughts?

:hmmyes: agreed, go Saints.

Sinclair had a fun couple of minutes between selling candy and then flying very early.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

monolithburger posted:

Not gonna lie, I'm still nervous.

Empty quote

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Still can’t believe we didn’t collapse :psyduck:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

so far the two blowouts of the round are the 2020 Grand Finalists getting pumped by Brisbane and St. Kilda

you love to see it

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Holy poo poo

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

You Am I posted:

Who the gently caress cares football has come back home

:radcat:

:hmmyes:

'the magoos'

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

monolithburger posted:

Long bombs to King imo

worked last week :v:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

What the gently caress happened to West Coast :stare:

Also Saints…decent? :unsmith:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

monolithburger posted:

Decent for 3qtrs.

4 points is 4 points but ugh, I missed the mini collapse.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Round 17 to stretch from Thursday through a Monday Night game, with two match locations still to be confirmed:

quote:

Thursday, July 8
Port Adelaide v Melbourne at Adelaide Oval, 7.10pm ACST, Seven

Friday, July 9
Essendon v Adelaide at Marvel Stadium, 7.50pm AEST, Seven

Saturday, July 10
Hawthorn v Fremantle at University of Tasmania Stadium, 1.45pm AEST, Fox
Carlton v Geelong at the MCG, 4.35pm AEST, Fox
Brisbane v St Kilda TBC, 7.25pm AEST, Seven

Sunday, July 11
Greater Western Sydney v Gold Coast at TBC, 12.40pm AEST, Fox
Western Bulldogs v Sydney at Marvel Stadium, 3.20pm AEST, Seven
Richmond v Collingwood at the MCG, 4.10pm AEST, Fox

Monday, July 12
West Coast v North Melbourne at Optus Stadium, 5.40pm AWST, Fox

Looks like the all-Victoria round was a one-off.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

monolithburger posted:

edit: Carn the Saints

:hmmyes:

Entertaining match too

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

North are still hanging in there…

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

the AFL twitter account promoting a Daniher prime seagull goal is the funniest thing

is it wrong to hope for a draw here?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Periphery posted:

:siren: Late fixture changes for two games tomorrow :siren:

St Kilda v Port Adelaide is now 1.45pm
Melbourne v Hawthorn is now 7.25pm

this allows both Port and the Saints to fly out in the evening, Port back to Adelaide, and St. Kilda out to Perth to complete a full week in isolation before playing West Coast the following Saturday.

monolithburger posted:

Don't you dare play Richmond back into form, Brisbane.

emptyquotin' this

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

don't give a poo poo if that was a throw, we needed to finish on a goal

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

boy undead posted:

what the gently caress is this team

Underperforming, sometimes.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Oh hell yes :sickos:

https://youtu.be/WJtaCryzL20

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

graph posted:

idk if it's the first time ive noticed it's been broadcast or it is indeed broadcast but a couple months ago fs1 and fs2 in america play afl games late night friday and saturday/sunday morning and i'm absolutely loving hooked, this poo poo is awesome

nope, it's bounced around but has been on FS1/FS2 the last couple years. The time difference can be tough but it's an awesome sport, and yes, the USAFL has the details weekly on game time/schedules.

we're a completely different side without both rucks in :smith:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

This has been dreadful.

And Carlton kicking unfathomably straight too.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

NPR Journalizard posted:

They have dropped their bundle and dont deserve to play finals.

Not last week <:mad:>

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Sounds like a nasty collision happened between two of the Adelaide players. Oof.

Meanwhile Saints…putting pressure on? This is such a weirdly good performance.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Bruce is having terrible luck on his right foot, my goodness

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/afl/status/1427106776730673159

I appreciate both the AFL’s flexibility but also dedication to chaos. “When’s the bye going to happen? Nobody knows!”

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

quoting this to find it later, :siren: EDDIEBETTS :siren: has been an absolute joy of this era of footy.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

monolithburger posted:

That was sure a season of football, St. Kilda.

yyyyep, weird to finish with such a flourish but I'll take it.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/afl/status/1430434770945593346

Well, then.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Solemn Sloth posted:

Yeah it was a clear 50 by the current rules, but I think they need to tell the other team players to gently caress off out of the protected zone too.

Yyyyyep, that would improve things. Right now it’s almost too far to the attacking team.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

BrigadierSensible posted:

On this question: Are any AFL players nutjob anti-vaxxers?

GAJ would have been anti vaxx coz he would have thought it against the word of god. But any other prominent players prone to that brand of conspiracy thought? I mean footy players are dumb as hell, so it's a big possibility.

Let’s hope not, but I’m going to imagine a couple pop up out of the woodwork. That’s basically how it’s gone in American and European sports so far. To see your future, watch anti-vaccination NFL players showing their entire rear end to the world :v:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Lions-Dogs is incredibly entertaining so far, but Brisbane losing their ruck to likely concussion is going to make things rough.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

The finish to this should be something :staredog:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

And if that last kick isn’t out on the full there’s a chance the Lions have a chance on goal. Unreal.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Spedman posted:

Steven Baker somehow making himself more disliked having an anti-vaxer rant on St Kilda fb post encouraging people to get the jab, dickhead

Saw some lovely comments about it as well, people saying they’re done as fans because of it. Jesus, I didn’t think you guys would get the anti-vaxxers as hard down there. Real disappointing.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Bury them deep and pat the dirt, Dees. go for percentage here. can't leave anything to chance.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

:kstare:

gay picnic defence posted:

Hopefully this turns into one of those emotionally scarring finals losses that ruins a side for years.

it's certainly looking this way

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Mexican wave going with a decent chunk of the fourth quarter left

lid's off, isn't it?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Man, I thought last week the mood was "well this is a fun final but shame whoever makes it through will get smashed by Port"

Doggies :staredog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

ilmucche posted:

Port Adelaide v western Bulldogs is on, I'm assuming it's live? I haven't watched AFL in years but goddamn is Port Adelaide getting their rear end kicked.

They looked real good in third quarter but did gently caress all with the possession

Yep, this was live. For a spot in the Grand Final (aka the championship match) in a couple weeks. Port came in with expectations to do well but the Dogs ran all over them.