Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Breakfast Burrito
Aug 8, 2007

realbez posted:

From Fox Sports

That’s nice. It’s nice.

This is maybe the cutest thing I've ever seen in my whole life. Its hard though, because gently caress tom lynch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breakfast Burrito
Aug 8, 2007

In the spirit of that other poster who asked why people hate richmond - why do people hate Geelong? Genuinely curious

Breakfast Burrito
Aug 8, 2007

Spedman posted:

My hate of Geelong goes back to them targeting first year player Rhys Palmer in 2008, them pissing and moaning and getting a home final against Freo down in Geelong 2013, and the stream of unlikable players over the years like Selwood, Mooney, Ablett, Duncan, etc etc, and the media fawning over them for over a decade.

I’m more than certain the hate for Freo is reciprocated by Cats fans

I have no idea if I'm representative but I have no strong feelings re: Freo whatsoever, though I was going for them in the 2013 GF for more than just gently caress hawthorn reasons and I think Pav is an all time legend.

Thanks to all who responded to my query - I've just seen a lot of Geelong hatred of late and had no idea we were so disliked, but now I see it's for bullshit reasons so I won't concern myself with it :smug: I kid, I kid - go Cats!

Breakfast Burrito
Aug 8, 2007

GlenMR posted:

Coming from a family of Geelong tragics, no one hates the Cats more than Geelong supporters. I didn't see my Dad enjoy a game until the 2007 Grand Final.

As an Essendon man, I know exactly why everyone hates my mob.

This is absolutely correct, my dad is exactly the same - I think 2007 is the happiest I've ever seen him.

Being a Geelong fan means being constantly expecting the worst and never feeling comfortable, a lesson I very painfully learned in 2008

Breakfast Burrito
Aug 8, 2007

Agree that was adorable. Also I am very sad

Breakfast Burrito
Aug 8, 2007

BrigadierSensible posted:

This is a minority opinion, but I have a lot of sympathy for the Umpires. Especially now with these added bullshit rules.

People rightly complain about the standard of umpiring, but given they now have to interpret these new bullshit rules, (which only exist because the AFL wants to achieve a certain outcome), they are going to get slaughtered when A) it doesn't result in the outcome the AFL want, and B) they inevitably gently caress it up and ruin games.

Seriously, who would want to be an Umpire? Low pay for the work you have to put in, you need to keep your 9-5 job, constant criticism from all angles, constant hassle having to deal with the new and exciting ways your bosses try to make your job/life harder every year, and the literal best you can hope for is to be "Razor" loving Ray.

I totally agree. When I'm furious at the lovely umpiring, it's always in the back of my mind that of course it's lovely, they're interpreting new rules every year and also regularly given instructions for how to interpret them, it's no wonder it's a loving mess. If you're a soccer ref at least the rules don't change that much

Breakfast Burrito
Aug 8, 2007

Potential for a good fourth quarter here, blues looked way better in the third

Breakfast Burrito
Aug 8, 2007

monolithburger posted:

Nice to see Collingwood making an effort for the AFLW pride round by just wearing their home kit.

according to eddie they already had their proud day this week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breakfast Burrito
Aug 8, 2007

Sam Newman :barf: