Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Mummy Xzibit posted:

I'm a Rams fan so I'd like to go with a team from a cool city that never wins.

If you and the demons dont work out, can I interest you in this slightly used Fremantle Dockers team?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

cmndstab posted:

Presumably he's never even stopped to think

I'm just going to stop you there

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

teacup posted:

Yessss

I mean I do understand itíd be hard for the clubs but like how many people are trying to cancel just for fun. If you are employed and love the club youíll keep the membership. If you lose your job you might need the money and youíre definitely not getting the service promised right now. Eddie true man of the people there

The great thing about it is that Ed probably though he was doing the right thing by making people who are under massive financial stress ring up and beg for their money back.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Hey man, knock it off, Eddie is a man of the people who has a bunch of jobs, just like struggling folk. I mean it's not like hosting a tv show, a radio show, being president of the biggest AFL club and having a column in the hun pay a lot. I'm sure he is struggling to get by.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

cmndstab posted:

I agree with every line of Bob's tweet.

Am I a monster too?

Well, except about Snickers being king. It's good, but there are better chocolate bars.

Cherry ripes are pro tier
chomps are underrated, mars are over rated
snicker are shithouse.

fite me

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

cmndstab posted:

Clubs that have to travel more often and further than others are at a clear disadvantage in terms of preparation, recovery and fatigue.

I do particularly enjoy it when clubs complain about having to fly over to Perth and the difficulties that brings.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

realbez posted:

Iíve seen mentions of a December grand final, so Iím not sure they are too worried about other sports this year. I doubt any international competition is going ahead this year, either.

Lol at playing a GF in the hottest part of the year.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

teacup posted:

Look dont get me wrong Adelaide suck but I donít really get why this is such a big deal. Like I get itís wrong but not ďdock points and draft picksĒ wrong

sorry how is it wrong?

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

teacup posted:

You really think this?

Pretty much. From what I have read, there was a group of 8 players who were kicking a footy. Thats less than what the current guidelines from the SA government were allowing.

Then the AFL came in and said "no no, we cant have any advantages against victorian teams here" and turned the screws.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

realbez posted:

Adelaide fc is an AFL club! I agree that it shouldnít be but it is so it needs to follow AFL rules this isnít complicated

Yeah, I get that, its just shithouse.

If the situation was reversed, and all the vic teams could train, but wa, sa and qld couldnt, do you honestly think they would hold back the league?

no, no they wouldnt,

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Weird Sandwich posted:

If the situation were reversed and a Victorian club was training when Adelaide was restricted from doing so, you would absolutely be complaining about how it's unfair, Vic bias.

Tbh in that scenario i would expect the AFL to say "relocate to victoria" and then if any clubs didnt want to, they would say "eh, dont care, gave you the option" and still allow training

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Nutsngum posted:

What a gently caress.

Carey is a grade a fuckwit and proof positive of the boys club.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Solemn Sloth posted:

Connor McKenna has the rona

Good job Bombers.

Apparently he was training with the team this morning.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

BrigadierSensible posted:

"tested" means a lot of things.

I too have returned to Aus recently, and only got off my quarantine on the 11th of June.

And whilst I was temperature "tested" multiple times all over the place, I only had one swab up the nose test. 3 days before I left the hotel. They gave me my results 2 days later, (I am disease free motherfuckers!), and as I was leaving the hotel in Sydney, I got some paperwork signed by both the police and Health Department officials.

So when McKenna says he was tested 5 times since he arrived back, that could mean he had his temperature taken 4 times, and the one swab up the nose. Much like I did.

I listened to one interview with a player who said they got tested with a nose swab multiple times a week. Pretty sure it was from a hub team, so can't say if the Essendon regime was as strict, but it would have to be close

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

realbez posted:

What kind of lunatic would attend a 60k game in July

If we havent had any cases for a month, then I would be ok with it.

Its possible for the players and the crowd to be completely separate and never come into contact with each other, so we wont catch those dirty eastern states germs.

I understand that having no covid seems like a distant dream to victorians, but we are close over here in the best state.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Solemn Sloth posted:

Oh no, please don’t leave the federation WA, what ever would we do without your steady supply of garbage LNP federal members

How quickly Scotty L is forgotten

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

gently caress me this is going to be a long rear end game unless the Eagles clean their poo poo up

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

I don't know who is responsible for the mullets on the Eagles team but they should be ashamed of themselves

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Nutsngum posted:

This new holding the ball rule is absolutely atrocious. They have completely ignored the whole "prior opportunity" part of it. The AFL are a bunch of morons.,

Yeah it's hosed. Eventually noone will want to grab the ball in a pack and just paddle it forwards.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

gay picnic defence posted:

Did Nic Nat stick it up O'Brien when he got his goal?

You didnt quite see who it was at, but there was definitely words exchanged and fingers pointed with someone.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

What the hell freo

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Middle of a pandemic, limited seats at the game and the galaxy brains at 7 decide to delay the broadcast

loving well done

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

You Am I posted:

Yeah, they are being sent back to Victoria

Thats just a step too far. Cruel and unusual punishment imo.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

NTRabbit posted:

Correct.

Next year the playing lists will be smaller, the best paid players will be getting the same or more, and the rest will be getting less. The SDA themselves couldn't have negotiated a better deal.

Are there any official details on the agreement?

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

cmon sydney

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

ffs sydney

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

At least this game should shut people up about the free ride the Eagles get at home from the umps

Hahahah no of course it won't.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

snoremac posted:

Some dirty and whiny players + coach (Cotch, Lynch, Riewoldt, Vlaustin) and we naturally cop more for being top dog the last few years. Apparently our fans are the worst but I think that's probably just a numbers thing, every team has poo poo fans.

I agree that all teams have poo poo fans, but im pretty sure that vicpol put extra cops on duty when richmond play because their fans are extra poo poo.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

masterpine posted:

Calling Perth a 'two horse town' is being overly generous to Fremantle -Theoretically A- Football Club

Hey, they made a grand final.

Didnt show up, but technically they made it.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

The Deadly Hume posted:

They were only 10 points down at 3QT, it was definitely the closest of the three-peat GFs. I mean I was pretty tense until Smith nailed that roost and went all doolally. Even then, after that...

TBH I dont really remember it. Too busy blocking out / projecting how poo poo WCE were vs sydney

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

BrigadierSensible posted:

Am I reading too much into it by seeing a racist double standard? Is it a case of "the media landscape/footy public were different back then"?

When in doubt, assume its racism.

I mean, the whole Adam Goodes saga wasn't that long ago.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Spedman posted:

I’m still mad Judd didn’t get rubbed out for elbowing our lord and saviour Pav

Hey remember that time Judd tried to dislocate someone's shoulder by grabbing his arm while on the ground and twisting it up and back? Chicken wing tackle I think they called it.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

sudo rm -rf posted:

and was that a dislocated shoulder?

The way he landed, it wouldn't surprise me.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Chopstick Dystopia posted:

Yeah. I have money on a tigers comeback but this is a great game!

So this is your fault.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

aejix posted:

Holy gently caress that is absolutely savage

Actually felt sick watching that

I like the bit where they kept replaying it

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Stick a fork in em

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Huh, Lewis Jetta is delisted.

if only he was more consistent, because he was goddamn amazing at his best, but that just didnt happen enough imo.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

gently caress, 2020 aint all bad

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

cmndstab posted:

but I hope they have someone else already lined up. Not sure how many people there are just sitting around waiting for that kind of job.

Judging from previous hires, you probably have a club full of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008