Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Angus Brayshaw taking a leaf out of Nat Fyfe's book and gonna play the year with an elbow guard in an attempt to win the Brownlow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2020-01-28/sport-australia-complained-pre-election-government-grants/11905250?pfmredir=sm&sf229056173=1

This sports funding scandal seems to be getting pretty big. What a shame with women's participation in grassroots sports exploding everywhere the govt spent a tonne of money upgrading sports club facilities for areas that barely needed or deserved it

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

The Dees winning history and strong player culture is sure to turn Harley Bennell's career around

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Is that the dude from Karnivool/Birds of Tokyo doing the singing?

I kinda like how they just went and changed it outright, compared to how Fremantle tried to change their song using fan engagement a few years ago and just ended up in a New Zealand flag referendum situation instead

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Only 2 teams in conference A won their first game, compared to 5 teams in conference B.

Kangaroos are in the top 3 for conference A despite losing and Dees are 5th in conference B despite winning.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

So kicking people is not allowed then?

Also, how has St. Kilda won jack poo poo despite being a foundation club?

I mean they've won 26 wooden spoons

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

I was just going to look up whether the Saints have won more wooden spoons than made grand finals in my lifetime and I have just found out that St Kilda won 5 of 6 wooden spoons between 1983 to 1988 which is frankly impressive in its own right

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Bonnie Toogood is still the best name in footy

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Maybe if Kate Hore keeps getting the ball she will start getting it between the goal posts

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

The girls looked really good. Defence looked really strong tonight with interception and Downey didn't even have her usual influence.

I think the Dees look really dangerous when Hore and Gay get ahold of the ball at half forward as they're both natural footballers and create a lot but the finishing just isn't there yet.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

They just said 35k in the crowd. Not a bad turnout at all

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Can't say the Bulldogs don't accurately represent Footscray

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

I think he's planning on running for Mayor

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Surely North just racked up the highest score record today

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Watching the Australian Dream and sure, Andrew Bolt and Eddie McGuire come across like the idiots they are but eeeshh, Bucks is usually pretty on point with his read on stuff but he's consistently got the wrong spin during this

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

My hot take on State of Origin jerseys is that the All Stars tops should all share the same colour scheme but have the origin state design of the individual player.

eg WA players would have the black swan sash, SA players have the chevrons, Tasmanians have the map of Tassie, but all of them in white and gold.

Might actually get interstate supporters interested in the non-Vic jumpers that way.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

I mean State of Origin is shits and giggles but Cotchin as the Vic captain? Really?

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Huh, I thought Sheppard was Victorian

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Shame on you All Stars, have you no respect for your jumper?!

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

went and watched the game with my sister and her kids. her boy was crying at the final siren as well, but thats because hes a mad bulldogs supporter

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Collingwood women's copped 3 season ending injuries this week, slightly bad luck

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Goldrick's attack on the ball is pretty fun to watch

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Would have been real handy if Brissie knocked over Freo today. Dees v Carlton next week should be a big one.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Go Dees

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Dees pls

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

lol Hore did not want to kick that goal at all

I've been saying it for a while now but she's a gun

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Birch is a gun interceptor but I hope Downey can find her feet when she comes back into the side with someone taking her role as she's one of my favourite players

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

An ACL injury definitely helps things

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

OH gently caress OFF

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

O'Dea is having a shocker. That from the pocket did everything possible to not go through for goal

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Solemn Sloth posted:

Footballs the worst loving sport, it can gently caress right off forever

Agreed

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Confirmed that footy sucks

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Footy is p hosed if you ask me

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Footy is p cool.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

lol the AFL site doesn't even make it look like the season has started

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

gay picnic defence posted:

I wonder if they played music it might make the game seem a little less dead

They need to pump home ground focussed music like at the basketball, and have a hype man on the mic over the PA

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Go Dees

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

I gotta say watching the Dees crumble under pressure in a crunch game really has brought a sense of normalcy to the week

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Fffffaaaaarrrkkkkk don't get my hopes up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Well loving done girls. Moving Hore to the midfield made a big difference and Hanks was a running machine late