Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ssmagus
Apr 2, 2010
Assmagus, LPer ass-traordinaire

Windmill Hut posted:

Big Bash is almost over. No international cricket on. Tennis is boring. NFL ends next week.

I'm ready for FOOTY.

Hello fellow goon, tried watching basketball yet? I guess it's almost over as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ssmagus
Apr 2, 2010
Assmagus, LPer ass-traordinaire

I work as a basketball statistician, and I've heard the horrors of being a AFL statistician. It's not a job that people want to do. If being locked in a room with working hours from 3 hours before the game to 5 hours after for poo poo pay and a really poo poo stats program (as they tell me). A far larger problem with being a stats professional is laws make these high professional stats jobs count as volunteer work, even if it's basically a full time/casual (depending if they want you to do stats for the non top level games). I do state/wnbl and u20s down, And I'll tell you, doing u20s and under pay far more because laws treat that as paid volunteering.

I can't really tell you what goes in those "stat analysts" heads, But I can tell you they get paid a gently caress ton more for saying random bullshit that's just mainly pleasing to what the media wants to hear.