Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

snoremac posted:

What is the reason for women's games being so low scoring? Do they play a different style? Admittedly I haven't seen much of it.

Shorter quarters contributes, but also a lower combined level of skill across the field than the men's teams due to the elite pathways being only brand new, so most current players came straight from amateur leagues. Means more scramble, less precision passing, which is what the amateur level is for both men and women.

Most AFL players come out of the AFL run junior competitions like the TAC Cup, or the AIS, which are pretty much professional in everything but player salaries from age 12 onwards, and have been for at least 20 years.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Feb 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Rajcic putting in a real deer in the headlights performance today

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

The Deadly Hume posted:

- Adelaide's messing with their clash again (which was one of the better ones out there) and have gone with a design that won a people's vote a couple of years back - basically the tricolour but shrunk and with a white crow on top.

It's from the infamous rigged fan poll, where they picked the winner in advance and had it in production already, and had it starting the fan poll with a 500k vote lead. They hoped nobody would notice, but they were wrong, and someone built a vote spamming bot that proved it.

If memory serves, the 'winner' before they had to reverse their decision was one with a giant rendition of our ugly rear end traced Baltimore Ravens logo, that to this day the club still insists looks nothing like the Ravens logo and is tremendously popular with the kids so they won't be chjanging it. One of the fine legacies of the Stephen Trigg years.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Feb 14, 2020

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Richmond Oval is a dated venue

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

At some point one of our four small forwards is going to need to realise that all four of them chasing the ball up to centre half forward doesn't work and one of them needs to stay back and be a lead up

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Worst bit of football I've seen in a while

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

A win and I got a high five from Justine Mules

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

cmndstab posted:

Better to win ugly than not at all I guess!

Didnt get to go to the game because my second daughter was born earlier this week So trying to spend lots of time with my first so she doesn't feel left out.

Just like all my friends, you need a new hobbie

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I was given the job of making sure all my friends kids support the correct sports teams, after the oldest one, a 10 year old living in Canberra under the guidance of only his father, turned out to be a Richmond supporter because he liked the song. And he's also a Golden State Warriors fan.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Chairchucker posted:

Oof, WC player got kicked in the throat.

Why is Toby Greene playing?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Media acting like that goal line decision cost the cats the game, when it was just the difference between the Crows winning by 1 goal or 2

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Erin Phillips has been added to the squad for round 4

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Allan is absolutely destroying Harris, so let's switch her off for Rajcic instead, top move

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

At some point we need to stop kicking the ball straight to the 3 spare Carlton defenders playing behind the ball

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Too many players who couldn't hit the side of a barn

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Round 1 of the mens league is only 12 days away, so it's time for some FANTASY FOOTBALL

Unless there are a lot of objections, we'll dump SuperCoach this year and just stick to UltimateFooty, which is now no longer with Fairfax, so you need to reregister an account, but it did let me salvage the old league, so...

Welcome to GOON GOLDEN SPOON 8

The invite link can be found here, and all goons are welcome, from the die hards to the lurkers to our goon friends from America and Europe and everywhere else

The draft is going to be either on the 14th or 15th of March, so start nominating day and time, because I'll need to set it in stone by midweek.

If people want the extras, I'm willing to for the premium stats, and premium league control, to make things more fun this year

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Solemn Sloth posted:

I want to see what the umpiring is like with no crowd

AFL umpires have been forced to train alone in a bid to allow the season to begin as planned on Thursday, March 19.

With the umps such a valuable commodity, all standard AFL and AFLW training has effectively been suspended.

The move is to protect the small group of people who have such a huge role in putting the game on - with no umpires, there are no games.

As a precautionary measure we have advised AFL and AFLW umpires of alternative training arrangements for the time being, an AFL spokesperson said.

Umps will do fitness work individually and be reviewed and instructed remotely via tech.

The measures come less than an hour after an NBA game was cancelled following revelations a referee had officiated a game involving an infected player two days earlier.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Forum Joe posted:

When is the Goon Golden Spoon draft?

It was supposed to be Saturday, but we didn't have enough people in. We're up to 6 teams now, is anyone else going to join?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

thepokey posted:

Maybe we could do Wednesday night before the season launch?

And yeah to the above, its hard to see how they get away with that for the whole season. Making them play extra games is just stupid too. Be better just delaying the season starting and have it as a shortened season.

I've set the draft to happen at 1900 AEDT on Wednesday. I've also dropped it down to 30s per pick, so we'll be done in less than 90 minutes, but if people want it pushed back to 45 or 60 we can.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Forum Joe posted:

Im happy with 30sec but 1900 is right on kids bedtime. I would prefer earlier(starting at 1800) or later (starting at 2000). But I can make 1900 so whatever.

I can make it an hour later, I just picked a time that would be right after I got home from work

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Periphery posted:

No time limit full game round-robin tourney. Team with most wins/best % when no team can field a full side wins.

All teams on the field at once, 18 different goals equally spaced around the ground

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Never forget that players would sell their first born in a heartbeat if it was the cost of playing football

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

The players will happily play in the middle of a pandemic, in front of an empty stadium, because nothing else in their lives comes close to how much they care about actually playing, and they'll still demand their share of your ticket price while you're locked out

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Goon Golden Spoon 8 Draft is in 5 minutes

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Give us the teams already, I need to settle my Supercoach side and the cutoff is right before I get home tomorrow

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Chairchucker posted:

legit though why are they playing

Greed and stupidity

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I see we're getting the annual explanation for why the AFL keep scheduling this match up as the season opener

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Quantum Shart posted:

this has been a good game

Username + post combo

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Lock Adelaide in for a bottom 4 finish if the season runs to completion

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

The AFL had one glorious weekend of being the biggest sport in the US

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

No AFLW premiers this year, title is being left vacant

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

They are led by future Liberal candidate for Geelong Patrick Dangerfield

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

The Northern Blues are now defunct, and even if the VFL goes ahead later in the year Carlton will be allowed to form a new reserves side using anything they'd like to salvage instead of inviting Northern back.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Eddie continued his fit of pique later the same day against Caroline Wilson, before the AFL announced that they were taking control from all the clubs and that refunds for all club members will be honoured on request.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

snaeksikn posted:

Can someone tell Kane Cornes that

Quantum Shart posted:

He is dumb as gently caress

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

drunkill posted:

There were puppies in one of the cars. They're all dead

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Top work from a guy who has played 3 games in 4 seasons, and may be out of contract end of year (but is probably contracted til end of next)

We dumped a whole bunch of players last year, and still have a whole bunch more that need to be moved on this year as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

https://twitter.com/GorringeDaniel/status/1252163969176891394