Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

A sight that we can all enjoy. The violent little grub shouldn't have even played the semi final let alone the grand final.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Jan 26, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

drunkill posted:

Katie Brennan was also playing hurt for the second half apparently.

What a shock

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

This is a video game thing but Australian Football Coach 2020 is dropping on steam on the 14th and will be a free upgrade to anyone that owns the original.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

This is legit what you get when you google that.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Watching Bulldogs vs Freo and it's loving surreal to be watching a match at a suburban ground without loud fans.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

So when can we stop handing the season opener to Carlton? Why can't we open up the season with a good game?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

NTRabbit posted:

Lock Adelaide in for a bottom 4 finish if the season runs to completion

A Magpies staff member tested positive for COVID-19 so yeah, shut it down.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

NTRabbit posted:

They are led by future Liberal candidate for Geelong Patrick Dangerfield

He probably would be a tory scumfuck

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

NPR Journalizard posted:

I'm just going to stop you there

I don't think that whole family has ever stopped to think

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Honestly Evolution 2 is a fine enough game. You're obviously not going to get anything of EA or 2K quality but it's honestly a pretty playable, competent game. It's lightyears better than Evo 1 and I've enjoyed what I'm playing of it.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

snaeksikn posted:

No mention about the dead dogs in the media yet

Yeah, I haven't heard anything about it. Sounds like Hunter got on the piss and smashed his car and called Bailey to pick him up and drop him off at Gowers'.

I have zero doubt that Hunter will be stood down as vice captain, will cop the maximum fine and will cop a ban. If I were the club then I'd just ban him for the rest of the season because this poo poo was ridiculous and he dragged a 19yo kid into this poo poo.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Suns good or Eagles bad? I know that Crows bad.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Giants have been awful tonight. Bulldogs haven't been great but we should absolutely be burying them.

snaeksikn posted:

The Dees, in over 160 years of history, have not only ever had the one player crack 300 game, they have only had 9 players play over 250 games for the club.

This loving club I swear to god

Meanwhile the Bulldogs have had over 6 300 gamers and an extra 5 250+ gamers.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

thepokey posted:

One day, one glorious day Sam Newman will be trending for the right reason

Mate we can only hope.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

My god, just let old man Shaw retire already.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Quick question; have the Giants ever had a first ruckman that wasn't either pushing 30 or over 30?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

snaeksikn posted:

English has been real good at dropping back. Good ruckman work

Bulldogs had two brownlow winning ruckmen that did the same thing, he's no Dempsey and he lacks the strength of Wynd but if you aren't a dominant tap ruck then you need to do stuff like that.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

snaeksikn posted:

They had Rory Lobb but he's always been pissy about being a ruck over a forward and got traded over it iirc

Lobb was never a ruckman. He was just a tall player that they threw into the ruck to fill a gap.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

https://www.reddit.com/r/AFL/comments/hbyyr6/shaw_handballs_it_to_richards_in_the_goal_square/?ref=share&ref_source=link

Heath Shaw, go home and be a family man.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

The Deadly Hume posted:

Funny thing is that we don't get so many of those these days. Which means the Westerns and the Greater Westerns really hate each other.

The Giants are just absolute fuckwits that have never gotten over 2016 where their fans were drowned out in a home game and then Toby Greene punched Caleb Daniel in the face as he was running past, kicked Dahlhaus in the face, punched Cooney in the face back in the day and tried to stick his fingers in Bonts face. They showed their cards immediately by having Haynes flip the coin even though he's not the captain and it's pretty clear that they just can't stop themselves being absolute loving grubs when they play against us.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

realbez posted:

Bont did gently caress up his throat, though. And he got off.

There's a difference between just an accidental collision in the course of the game which results in an injury and some oval office like Toby Greene just punching Caleb Daniel in the face with a roundhouse as Daniel was running past. One is an accident and it sucks and the other is yet another case of a sociopath that can't stop himself from doing poo poo like that.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

gay picnic defence posted:

Should that hit on Whitfield have resulted in a free kick? I thought it was just part of the play but I've seen a bunch of people on BigFooty saying GWS were robbed

Nah, Naughton was clearly chasing the ball and didn't go off his line. Accidents happen and good players get injured but sometimes a guy getting knocked out in a collision is just that.

edit: I don't want to victim blame but Whitfield pulling short in the contest was what probably caused him to get caught in the head

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/Bulldogs126/status/1274167360551653376

Only touch Jacobs could get was cheap shotting Bont from behind.

edit: And before you ask, Jacobs did not get a fine or even cited for the melee. He elbowed Bont in the back of the head and nothing came of it.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jun 21, 2020

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Windmill Hut posted:

Should be a $1600 fine from Victoria, plus a decent fine and a ban from the AFL?

In other news... Adelaide??

Adelaide bad. Badelaide

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Did anyone else watch Matty Rowell in the TAC Grand Final last year? Dude was miles above everyone on the ground, including Noah Anderson who was taken second. He's extremely good and I'm not shocked that he's hit the ground running like this.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

realbez posted:

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/s-canning-our-brand-clarkson-unloads-on-afl-over-poor-fare-for-fans-20200628-p5572m.html

Please, please pay holding the ball more. Players just drop the thing or throw it forward or to a teammate and the umpire just waves play on until thereís an enormous scrum around the ball itís miserable to watch.

He's definitely right there. You see dozens of players just drop the ball in a tackle and nothing is loving called every weekend.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

So is it just me or is Ben Brown kinda loving useless if he's not being hit on the chest with the football? He's flailing around and flopping like a fish whenever the ball goes anywhere near him but he's accomplished absolutely loving nothing.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

One thing that seriously summed up Brown's game is that there was a marking contest in the Norf 50 where it was him against Cordy and Wood. He basically just ran at Cordy who was barely in the contest while Wood took an uncontested mark while Brown looked offended that he didn't get a free for being blocked.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

the norf game is a bit of a bloodbath, multiple concussions, Cunnington is half dead and now Higgins is down too

Whoever picked Cunnington should lose their job. They were a man down from the start.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

realbez posted:

I like Bernie Vinceís best 22 of players who have left the crows. Especially the captain

B: Alex Keath, Phil Davis, Jake Lever

HB: Martin Mattner, Nathan Bock, Bernie Vince (c)

C: Chris Knights, Patrick Dangerfield, Ricky Henderson

HF: Josh Jenkins, Mitch McGovern, Jack Gunston

F: Eddie Betts, Kurt Tippett, Charlie Cameron

R: Sam Jacobs, Hugh Greenwood, Jarryd Lyons

IC: Ivan Maric, Matthew Wright, Shaun McKernan, Cam Ellis-Yolmen

Honestly that is a pretty solid team all up. Forward line is probably too tall but it's good other than that.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

It's back to normal on Fox Sports; was weird seeing that angle but interesting. Like being at the ground sort of

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

realbez posted:

Real professional stuff so far

And these people want to host grand final and televise?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Jeez, Timmy English can play. A guy his size shouldn't be picking up 16 contested possies in three quarters while still looking like he could go for a while more.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

First time in 120 years a team has won kicking just one behind.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Wasn't Jeff White bending over the pick up the ball when someone took a swing at it and got him in the face instead? It's probably not really comparable to Membrey's kick, there wasn't really much force in the action.

Nah, King decided to try and roundhouse kick it out of mid air and just kicked White who was at best slightly hunched over.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Don Scott has come out and accused Hawthorn of breaching the salary cap with secret bank accounts in Tasmania. Sadly the AFL has already set a bad precedent by refusing to strip cheating teams of their premierships so nothing will loving happen.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

That was back in the 80s yeah? The only clubs that werenít breaching the cap then were the ones who didnít physically have the cash to do so.

Therefore the Bulldogs and Saints should be the only teams that didn't do it. Also probably Sydney

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

BrigadierSensible posted:

Also Fitzroy, surely.

You gotta be able to pay people before you can pay them outside the cap so Fitzroy is a no go

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

drunkill posted:

Footyjumpers.com found an old article describing/showing uniforms of old pre-vfl teams

This owns

https://twitter.com/footyjumpers/status/1288259952667066368?s=19

https://twitter.com/footyjumpers/status/1288205354292011009?s=19

I can get behind players wearing turbans. Also the old skull and crossbones is pretty neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

loving cheers Clarkson, love how your sooking keeps on making the umpiring worse.