Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Some good shirtless footage of Taberner as well, a lot to like about the freo v suns game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

The absolute state of the demons. Browny going in hard on fox's coverage. You just love to see it

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Going to guess that was about the time of the Geelong massacre. Dee's honouring the memory well

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Geez footy is alright, really like the balance of the Lions side. Hipwood may be the absolute superstar of the league in a few years time, always takes a bit longer for big units to hit their stride and his peak could be anything.

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Nutsngum posted:

I do kind of feel bad now everyones dunking on your team lol but not one would or should bemoan you for following your team. Friendly football tribalism is what makes AFL so good a lot of the time, so much history there.

The real scum are WCE supporters who harp on about "too many teams!!!#@$!" whilst sitting on their ivory tower in a two horse town, that poo poo makes me livid after seeing how shattering it was coming from a diehard Fitzroy family.

Calling Perth a 'two horse town' is being overly generous to Fremantle -Theoretically A- Football Club

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Being inside Eddies head must be a trip. Biggest club therefor we must be right! I'm the biggest CEO personality therefor I must be doing well!

Héritier's twitter response this evening hits just about every point. In addition though, 1 premiership from the biggest club after two plus decades at the helm and a legacy of racism, heaps to be proud of there ey McGuire. Indigenous players make up 10% of the comp, interesting that none are on their list...

Feel sorry for the supporters, what a joke.

masterpine fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Feb 1, 2021

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

I feel like Collingwood, Bucks and McGuire took a lot of the goodwill they got from how they approached the 2018 season, especially a lot of the moments during the grand final itself ( Bucks consoling banner lady and his little chat with his distraught son in the changing room after, plus Eddie's words to the Eagles players after the game) and allowed that to paper over the absolute garbage fire going on behind the scenes. The nicer Buckley and just general mood of that 2018 team had me almost liking them. As a one-eyed WCE member it felt wrong. I couldn't hate them, and hating Collingwood used to come so easy to me.

As a contrast to Eddie, Trevor Nisbet has been the CEO of the Eagles since 1999, a year after McGuire got the job at the Pies. He's been at the top of the club all through our hosed mid 2000's, has the scrutiny of being at a similar sized operation as Collingwood under the media microscope of a two club ( one and a half tbh) town but does so quietly and favorably. You can easily separate the Eagles from Nisbet. I bet a lot of supporters from other teams couldn't even name him. You can't view Collingwood without seeing McGuire.

McGuire is his own hosed cult of personality, it clearly gets in the way of any sort of conciliatory processes the club has been needing to undergo for years. Can't see how they can do anything without his immediate removal.

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

If this is the state of mind he's going to be in then gently caress man, Foxtel's boys club general AFL coverage is going to be insufferable... Imagine circling the wagons around Eddie fuckin McGuire of all people...

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Adelaide, good?

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

That has to be weeks, left the ground, went for the bump, nailed his head.

But it's danger and he's a good bloke and he plays for good lads Geelong so $200 fine.

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Spedman posted:

It’d be nice to see Dangerfield Geelong taken out of Brownlow contention Premiership conversation first round

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Really great to see Essington are back in full flight. Is this the spoonbowl?

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

NPR Journalizard posted:

Brisbane is helping out there

Jesus, I didn't even bother paying any attention to that one... what on earth.

gently caress footys good though. My weekends have purpose again. Thrilled that Herbatron's videos will be off to a flying start this year.

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

There are better and more skillful footballers currently playing right now, but what Dusty does in this particular Richmond team puts him in rare air. He's probably the best chaos footballer of all time and the Tiger's whole setup thrives on it. Very few players can just decide they're going to win every contest for a 10 minute or so chunk and swing games of footy. Ben Cousins used to do that at his peak in the mid 00's, both of their abilities to out-effort everyone on the ground and win games of footy on their own shoulders consistently, has to place them well up the All-Timer lists.

My seats at Subiaco oval were right behind the benches. When Cousins was running red hot, even early in games, most of the time he would come off so physically hosed that he would have a spew. Then he would be back out there and do it all again. Martin was a rookie at the Tiger's while Cousins was there, gotta wonder if he learnt a few things, especially preparation and effort, from him in. Hopefully not everything from him though...

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

What the hell is this game ey, three outrageous goals amongst the carnage on the scoreboard.

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Spedman posted:

Chris Scott, still a dickhead

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

That's atrocious

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Burn goombah to the ground. Unbelievable.

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Really dont mind losing a game like that, gently caress footy is good some times. Dogs are going to be decent this year.

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Not sure I appreciate the dees and giants showing us that footy can still be an unattractive slog in 2021

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Super exciting footballer, glad some feeling has come in to this one too

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Some proper gladiator poo poo in that one, good good game. Port's injuries are going to be a bit of a concern going forward.

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

I respect the Crouch brothers for scamming the Crows for years by collecting meaningless 30+ possession games week in week out but somehow getting away with it and frauding their way to big paychecks. It's a pretty cool racket to be able to scheme and stat-pad between siblings.

Saints last night was just puzzling. Nonsense throw the ball forward shotgun football works well, Richmond are the proof of that and the Saints clearly can do it when they want to. Can't be fatigue or anything because they were playing against witches hats the week before for two quarters. Never really expected them to beat the Tigers but certainly didn't see that coming.

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Patton "retired". -thorne legend

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Love some mud-pit footy every now and then, gonna be some tired blokes from this one

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Solemn Sloth posted:

Yeah it’s often a pretty fun spectacle if not a great game, the west coast vs...hawthorn one from a few years back still sticks out, one goal scored to half time I think?

E:think it might have been this game

West Coast 0.8 0.12 2.16 5.21 51
Hawthorn 0.4 2.7 3.13 5.16 46
Subiaco R4, 2012

Heh, remember that game. Sitting right out in the open and due to my dumb footy related superstition of "it only rains if you bring wet weather gear" well, yeah... was more water than man by the end of that one. Cyril almost got us late, poo poo he was good to watch work around the ground live.

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Carlton should have closed the door on this one in the third. Dogs have been irresistible ever since they got a sniff of it, they're great to watch when they're up and about.

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

BrigadierSensible posted:

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/willie-rioli-to-face-court-for-alleged-drug-possession-20210511-p57qr9.html

Also Willie Rioli is in drugs-based trouble again. Just before he was due to start training with the Eagles again.

Preeeeetty drat stupid from Willie. He'll get off with a fine but just where is your headspace at if you're deciding to get on a plane with weed and your name is fuckin Willie Rioli... It does sort of put to bed any doubt of his version of events when it came to his WADA/ASADA testing though, blokes clearly not very bright.

Honestly think the best thing for him is to get back into the club and system as soon as possible, don't delay his start to training or even playing. Help him out by getting him back amongst the playing group. He basically needs a full time minder.

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Had plans to travel to Vic for dreamtime and drinking with mates. Pretty excited for it at Optus and will be trying to get a ticket for sure. I hope it fills the stadium because it should be a drat good game.

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Geez I love me some Liam Ryan, was massive today for us

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Voice is gone. Cousins sits directly behind me and the old man. While carrying on like a lunatic after the siren my dad turned around, told him he loved him and hugged him. Absolute scenes. What a fuckin game.

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Glad to see WCE legend Sam Mitchel will be head coaching at AFL level soon, he was huge for us. Integral part of the 2018 premiership, can see him coaching the Hawks for a very very long time.

Clucko surely just goes to whomever puts a huge paycheck in front of him and goofs around for a few years to have some fun and wrap things up yeah? Fremantle locked in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Have the Tigers and Cats both forgotten how to play football? This quarter has been dreadful but also hilarious.