Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

is it gonna be on Fox? or probably FS1 and FS2, more specifically, the sports channels. that's what the nrl's on right now

edit just looked into it, the answer is yes. I've got a feeling the nrl, who are currently on late night on those channels, will be eclipsed - some people in the us at least have a vague idea this league exists and associate it with Australia - sad for them

oystertoadfish fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jun 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

league from my perspective is kind of a halfway house between union and American football. maybe a one quarter of the way there house. it's simpler than union, has a limit on tackles, and focuses more on what as an American I call laterals. if a normal rugby league scoring play happened in the NFL (ignoring for the moment the lack of blocking in league) everybody would poo poo themselves

but Americans really want to like Aussie rules, I think. it's its own unique thing from our perspective and I can tell you, possibly because of the name, that we assume everybody in Australia cares about it, not just south of the barassi line or whatever it's called. the concept of a nation being split down the middle more or less on which sport it supports is pretty unique to Australia, as far as I can tell. I know the Brits have a region where league is played too but soccer seems to be king everywhere there, it's more about who's the number two football code

I know this is all off topic but until the games start I figured I might be indulged. when they start here it's Collingwood vs Richmond. my in laws are long time Richmond fans so that's who I gotta go for I think

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

I think Collingwood Richmond was the only game broadcast in the us, so that's the product you've shown, congrats. at least it was close at the end. I just watched it on tape delay and it was nice to see live sports. if you don't know anything about the game it was hard to tell it was a bad one!

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

ah I was only thinking of the first night I'm glad there's more

edit I'm in the us, didn't realize that was the only game at all on the first night. thanks for the list of other games

oystertoadfish fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Jun 12, 2020

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

without the special soccer channel they put most of the games on, I don't get enough of the games to really latch onto one team in my opinion. I just let the sports wash over me. incidentally, was funny to see that one-pointer where the losing team had more goals but lost on behinds iirc, Carlton and someone, how often does that happen?