Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Solemn Sloth posted:

One night aflx tourney, last team standing wins

No time limit full game round-robin tourney. Team with most wins/best % when no team can field a full side wins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
https://www.afl.com.au/news/385918/season-cut-to-17-games-call-delayed-on-r1-start

quote:

McLachlan also said:

- The match-ups in the first four rounds would remain as fixtured, and the rest of the fixture would be adjusted to accommodate the shortened season
- The finals series could be pushed into October to accommodate any delays to the season
- The AFLPA had been receptive to talk of a mass player pay cut
- If a player tested positive to coronavirus, the League would have no choice but to suspend play across the competition

RIP footy

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Delay the season and infect all players with the virus and put them in hard lockdown/recuperation/training for 4 weeks (preseason stage 2: Pandemic edition). Resume season in closed stadiums. Football crisis averted.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Carlton fans happy they weren't allowed to attend.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Nutsngum posted:

Hey guys, remember that awesome thing you went to on the weekend you can talk to your friends and family about? Oh wait that was cancelled. But its okay theres.. oh no thats cancelled as well.

There is just about nothing loving going on for anyone to really look forward to for potentially months, stop loving bitching about the footy being a bit different and be loving grateful we have even this distraction from the virus poo poo.

You wont be saying this when North is beating the Saints by 100 points on Sunday! (I agree with you)

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Good.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

realbez posted:

On top of everything else, I’m really missing football.

I would be the same except whenever I start to miss footy I remember that the Saints lost to North after being 29 points up at half time when North had 1 player on the bench.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

quote:

ssendon defended Conor McKenna has tested positive for COVID-19.

McKenna was named to play his first game of 2020 at the MCG.

The Irishman returned back into the country last month and served two weeks self-isolation.

He had since returned to training and was with teammates as recently as Saturday

All players are required to have a COVID-19 test 24 hours out from an AFL match.

AFL chief executive Gillon McLachlan will hold a press conference at the MCG at 4pm.

Saturday would either be today or last sat? Dons played Sydney last Sunday. Sydney shared a plane with GWS to get to Melbourne. GWS played the Dogs already. Sydney just played North. Rip Football?

E: hopefully it's today.

Periphery fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Jun 20, 2020

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Memento posted:

I'm seeing that he trained yesterday with the squad.

Thank god.

Dons V Dees game has been postponed.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

gabensraum posted:

feels like the forums are finishing up so I want to thank you all for a great series of threads over a couple of decades.

go team, go

-- deep square leg

Hang on, what? I'm so out of the loop apparently.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
ROUND SIX

Thursday, July 9

Geelong v Brisbane, SCG, 7.40pm AEST

Friday, Jul 10

Collingwood v Hawthorn, Giants Stadium, 7.50pm AEST

Saturday, July 11

Fremantle v St Kilda, Metricon Stadium, 12.35pm AEST

West Coast v Adelaide, Gabba, 3.05pm AEST

Melbourne v Gold Coast, Giants Stadium, 6.05pm AEST

Essendon v North Melbourne, Metricon Stadium, 7.40pm AEST

Sunday, July 12

Port Adelaide v GWS, Metricon Stadium, 1.05pm AEST

Richmond v Sydney, Gabba, 3.35pm AEST

Carlton v Western Bulldogs, Metricon Stadium, 6.45pm AEST

ROUND SEVEN

Thursday, July 16

Geelong v Collingwood, Optus Stadium. 6.10pm AWST, 8.10 AEST

Friday, July 17

Essendon v Western Bulldogs, Metricon Stadium, 7.50pm AEST

Saturday, July 18

GWS v Brisbane, Giants Stadium, 1.45pm AEST

Sydney v Gold Coast, SCG, 4.35pm AEST

Richmond v North Melbourne, Metricon Stadium, 7.40pm AEST

Sunday, July 19

Carlton v Port Adelaide, Gabba, 1.05pm AEST

Hawthorn v Melbourne, Giants Stadium, 3.35pm AEST

Fremantle v West Coast, Optus Stadium, 4.35pm AWST, 6.35pm AEST

Monday, July 20

Adelaide v St Kilda, Adelaide Oval, 7.10pm ACST, 7.40pm AEST

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Well that's hosed.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
get in the loving bin stkilda

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
I hope lockdown never ends so the Saints never come back

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Spedman posted:

It's St Kilda, you wouldn't see the AFL doing it to one of the big clubs

Which is even more hilarious when you consider that it's in the AFLs interest to not undermine the small clubs at every chance given they funnel $10s of millions into those clubs each year.

Not to say that the Saints didn't deserve to be called pretenders as a result of their performance on the weekend but I'm not sure the AFL themselves should be doing it.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

cmndstab posted:

You haven't watched the Crows Saints play this season, have you?

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

realbez posted:

There sure are a bunch of st kilda fans on here but I don’t think they like anything

Nothing to do with the Saints anyway.

But seriously, I do like Bruce and didn't hear anything about him talking poo poo about the Saints when he left but drat was I disappointed in his performance the last few years at the Saints. He went from someone who looked like he'd mark anything that came hear him to someone that had hands of concrete that'd struggle to catch a beach ball. Although they were trying to use him as the 2nd ruck which is something I always thought was doomed to fail and credit with a large part of his downfall.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

thepokey posted:

Memories of sitting in the Richmond members section when a Tiger's player was done for deliberate rushed behind because he full on kicked the ball through our goals under no pressure. The meltdown around me was monumental about how they're "being absolutely screwed" (they were about 40 points up). I laughed at how ridiculous it was and soon after had to leave because I was being threatened by multiple people. Very well adjusted, doesn't surprise me they don't see the Lynch punches.

I think I've probably said it before in here but I've been told by a pretty senior cop that they deliberately have more officers at Richmond games than any other team because the fans are so feral.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Nutsngum posted:

I'm going to go out on a crazy limb and say that there should be no list cuts this year and instead the top 20% of paid players sacrifice 25% of their salary to make sure the young kids don't get shafted.

And this is why you will never be the head of the AFL players association.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Windmill Hut posted:

Petracca tho

Yes, but have you considered how good Paddy McCartin is

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Can't wait to see the Saints lose the last 5 games of the season and drop out of the 8.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Windmill Hut posted:

Victorians better loving behave for the next few weeks so I can go to my mates house with 5-10 other people by the time the grand final arrives. I can live without the pub, I can't live with watching the GF in my house with my girlfriend.

gently caress football, I just want to be able to go somewhere out of the city for a holiday.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Shorter quarters than what we currently have? I'm not sure that's going to make for great footy.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Solemn Sloth posted:

8 minute quarters, 3 rounds, all rounds occur on the same night followed by a grand final

Build 9 footy ovals in a big chain so they are joined at the end and share goal posts. Play all games simultaneously and when a goal or point is kicked the ball transitions to the new ground meaning we can finally have a true chaos ball in the game. If a ground does not have a ball on it then play is stopped until a new ball enters play via a score being kicked on an adjoining ground.

I have not thought this plan through but I'm sure it will work and that I have given it the same level of thought as AFL HQ gives all their decisions.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

It's because the league has less money to pay players and the best paid players wont agree to take less to keep the list sizes the same, right?

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Anyone know what this is about? https://www.afl.com.au/news/509081/-this-is-not-acceptable-gawn-slams-petracca-and-hunt-for-juvenile-act

Edit: Found it "During three-quarter time of Saturday’s match against the Essendon Bombers at Metricon Stadium, Melbourne Demons players Christian Petracca and Jayden Hunt were filmed touching each other while coach Simon Goodwin addressed the team"

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
loving AFL and their Vic bias making the Saints play their home elim final at Adelaide oval instead of the Gabba.

I don't really care where we play, but it's kinda stupid even if it's totally in line with the AFLs standard operating procedure of being fuckwits. It's a fuckload better than playing West Coast at least!

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
The AFL clearly reads this forum as they have decided to hold the Saints v Dogs elimination final at the Gabba!

Thursday, October 1

First Qualifying Final
Port Adelaide v Geelong at Adelaide Oval, 7:10pm CST / 7.40pm EST

Friday, October 2

Second Qualifying Final
Brisbane Lions v Richmond at the Gabba, 7.50pm EST

Saturday, October 3

Second Elimination Final
St Kilda v Western Bulldogs at the Gabba, 4.40pm EST

First Elimination Final
West Coast vs Collingwood at Optus Stadium, 6.10pm WST / 8.10pm EST

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
AFL.com reporting that Joe Daniher is going to join Brisbane. That's pretty huge for the Lions given where they are at.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Saints bad.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Preuss has requested a trade to GWS. His decision to go to the Dees always confused me since he was never going to get a game unless Gawn was injured.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
The Tigers v Cats GF is the worst possible outcome and the only good result would be an asteroid hitting the stadium during the singing of the national anthem.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Make player contracts public so we can at least understand how the gently caress the Cats are fitting all these fuckwits in their salary cap.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Trade rumour time!

https://twitter.com/agerealfooty/status/1318386137346437120

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
https://twitter.com/Sammy__Edmund/status/1318696792846839808

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
GWS is falling apart - 6 players want out so far this year.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/520703/giant-exodus-sixth-gws-player-set-to-leave

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
So Darren Jolly basically posted a suicide note to instagram over the situation with his kids and ex-wife. People reported it and he was found safe and is hopefully getting the help he needs.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGzJd7-jxOa/

:(
https://www.lifeline.org.au/
https://www.beyondblue.org.au/

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
https://twitter.com/jpp1811/status/1320266585961951232

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
https://carltondrafttshirts.com/collections

This place has some hilarious footy related jumpers and tshirts if you're into that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
https://twitter.com/RalphyHeraldSun/status/1323059748091035653