Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

Dude from Birds of Tokyo still sticking with his “put people to sleep with my voice” no energy brand of singing it seems

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Especially since Katie Brennan turned heel and left the bulldogs to join them

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

I forgot how much the Suns song reminds me of Weebl’s I’ve Seen Things Scampi song

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Was at Nandos this evening, sitting eating my meal ... I hear from the table next to me "oi look, its Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti" one guy says to his mate. I look up and look around and see a guy standing ordering his food ... about 6'3, 6'4 ... skinny as a rake, African dude with braided hair and wearing a red and black hoodie (not Essendon). I'm actually impressed they didn't go up and ask him for a photo.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Not really sure why (well, I mean I know why, but I don’t know why now) but walking down the street adjacent to my house and there is a giant cut out face of Toby Greene plastered onto a light post with tears drawn streaming down its face and its beautiful

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Was just watching a bit of Mitch Robinson streaming on twitch ... he actually comes across as a decent sort of guy. At least seems like a far cry from the early days when he seemed like one of footy's bad blokes. Funny how theres those players that start off sketchy and then mature, then theres the ones that just stay pricks their whole career

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Cotchin really strikes me as a strange captain because every time he talks about being captain it feels like he wants to do anything but be captain. I remember especially that Captains documentary a couple of years back and every time he talked it just had this really weird vibe to it like “well I guess I *have* to do it”

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Is it officially AFL licensed? I remember an AFL coaching game ages ago but it was full of teams like the Essendon Jets, and the Adelaide Ravens

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

If the season gets called off after the first game of the year and Richmond lose, we can count that as a wooden spoon right?

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

snoremac posted:

well technically they'd be 9th

Even better! 9th again and no 1st draft pick.

Weird Sandwich posted:

Only if you count the winner of that game with the premiership

Minor premier

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

NTRabbit posted:

It was supposed to be Saturday, but we didn't have enough people in. We're up to 6 teams now, is anyone else going to join?

Maybe we could do Wednesday night before the season launch?

And yeah to the above, it’s hard to see how they get away with that for the whole season. Making them play extra games is just stupid too. Be better just delaying the season starting and have it as a shortened season.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Just turn it into an esport this year and have teams play that new evolution game

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Slobbo wants to try drinking the Coronavirus

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Seriously that Slobbo interview with Gil on 360 tonight was bad, even by his standards. How does he still have a job? Asking Gil how long the coronavirus will impact the AFL for and there’s just this awkward silence before Gil is like “I really don’t know, if I did I’d be advising Canberra”.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Tonight really only seemed strange to me in the first quarter and then I felt like I adjusted to it pretty quickly. In the heat of play when the camera is zoomed in on the ground and players it didn't really feel all that much different.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

And I assume the AFL knows it too .. hence shortening the season. So they know if/when they have to shut it all down they have 5 weeks or so they can be without footy and they'd still be following a "normal" time frame. But yeah, it just feels inevitable at some point really.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti is the best bloke and it cannot be argued with

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

The thing I feel like makes it obvious its serious is how many businesses who normally would do absolutely anything to not lose a single dollar are shutting down. The AFL being one - you think they would shut down the league for anything less than the fact they absolutely 100% have to? When that's happening its hard to understand how people can have the Kane Cornes attitude.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

At least footy isn't completely dead. Noted massive nerd Mitch Robinson avenged the Lions round 1 loss to Hawthorn in AFL Evolution 2 then got man of the match Cam Rayner on facetime to discuss his performance in the game

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Cow ‘abunga’ Dude

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Sam Newman absolutely melting down on Twitter over not being able to play golf. Anyone who tries to reason it with him is met with some variation of "Get hosed you dumb loser!"

Corona, do your thing

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Crispy M&Ms rule. As do cherry ripes

This is correct. Bob Murphy isn't quite the saint we all thought he was as it turns out.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Keep the GF at the MCG but reduce the corporate tickets and increase the public tickets. At least to 50/50. What even is the current ratio? And of that ratio was kept the same at a smaller ground like Footy Park for example, how many could actually get tickets?

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

I heard that an evil wizard called Victor Iahbias cast a spell on the Adelaide players causing them to break isolation and do naughty things

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Christmas eve Grand Final, then
Annoying family day, then
Boxing Day Test

Sorted.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

I think it’s honestly pretty simple. Adelaide did the wrong thing. Every other club has been abiding by those rules the AFL set out. Even neighbouring Port. If it wasn’t against the rules the AFL set out then every club would be doing what Adelaide was doing the moment they were legally allowed to by their state rules. Would it be different if it was a Vic club? We’ll never know, a Vic club hasn’t done it so it’s a pointless argument. That being said, I don’t think what Adelaide has done is *that* bad. So, give them a punishment but don’t make it too crazy. If they or another club do it again - beef up the punishment.

Or, we could just kick Adelaide out of the AFL and they can join the SANFL and we can have them and the best of the SANFL vs a best of Victoria team once a year in some kind of “state of origination of birth” style game which would be a new and exciting concept. Perhaps make it an AFLX match to really spice things up and give people what they want.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Whoa whoa whoa whoa, I didn't know about the Chris Dittmar thing ... this changes everything!

Actually, no it doesn't.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

NTRabbit posted:

Eastern states teams should move to two hubs in SA and WA, and serve a 14 day quarantine before the season restarts in objectively the two safest states.

Or, just not restart at all.

Those are the only options, anything else is just wrong and risking the health of everyone to satisfy the Vic first agenda.

Pretty sure forcing people to stay in Adelaide or Perth violates some kind of Geneva convention article

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Hey Dangerfield is losing 50% of his pay just like everyone else so he's no better off! (An argument I assume many will make)

thepokey fucked around with this message at 23:37 on May 21, 2020

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Queensland bias!!!

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Essendon and North set to travel to NSW to play in Rd 2? loving Victorian bias strikes again

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Lots of people on social media upset about the taking the knee thing. Whether its a good/bad/cliche way to show solidarity I'm not sure, but its just nice to see racists upset

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

snoremac posted:

Along with the piped in crowds the players should cut promos between quarters

Hey! A computer game took youses guy's place, daddy, thats haaard toymes!

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Solemn Sloth posted:

I’m more of a Steiner maths guy myself

You take my main egg, and add your 4 side eggs and we have a 33 and 1/3 chance of winning by 8 main eggs!

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

#canceldimma

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Yeah this is surely the longest most players have gone without proper training since ... pretty much forever? Since they started playing footy? Summer breaks aren't this long and even when they could come back initially their training was compromised with regulations. Even players who come back from long term injuries are usually able to take their time getting back intro training and then come back through the secondary leagues etc... So I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of rust all over the place for the first few rounds making for some strange games/performances.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Can still hear Goodwin screaming from the coaches box "It's Melbourne, not Norf Melbourne!!!"

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Not reading much into the Eagles loss tonight, most teams lose to the Suns in the first 3-4 rounds of the year

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

lol https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/ap...6CcvpWA0HZO0rGU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Hawthorn beating Richmond is like they are that villain from the first movie who ends up being sort of an anti-villain/semi-hero in sequels