Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Footy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Cleared of major damage. Just a few weeks, gets to dodge the state of origin game. 👌

Footy!

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

No worries, just make it an aflx game!

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Itís really bad but no worse than the previous one

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

What the gently caress??

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Like Nuts said, you canít just shut it all down without ruining thousands of lives by depriving them of income for months. The AFL is a big organisation with a lot of people directly and indirectly dependent on them for work. If they didnít try to come up with some alternative to cancelling the season they would be negligent.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Yeah

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Lightning Premiership

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

thepokey posted:

Just turn it into an esport this year and have teams play that new evolution game

finally a year where youth actually makes you better

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Man I was really loving looking forward to footy this year you turd of a virus

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Periphery posted:

Delay the season and infect all players with the virus and put them in hard lockdown/recuperation/training for 4 weeks (preseason stage 2: Pandemic edition). Resume season in closed stadiums. Football crisis averted.

Boris?

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

NTRabbit posted:

The players will happily play in the middle of a pandemic, in front of an empty stadium, because nothing else in their lives comes close to how much they care about actually playing, and they'll still demand their share of your ticket price while you're locked out

source youíre quotes

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Itís a union they arenít going to let the afl reduce their pay without some sort of push back. The AFL said they have 40 weeks to get 17 rounds out. If thatís the case then why not try to get the 22?

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Solemn Sloth posted:

Hereís a galaxy brain take for them: push for a 17 week season and say the league should absorb the hit not players

Yeah thatís the ideal solution for them but it isnít a very strong opening position because it just becomes a public sledging match about who is being more greedy and it is never the union that wins that debate.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

That isnít the point.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

footy footy footy footy

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

snoremac posted:

This is dumb and shouldn't be happening.

Hard disagree

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Gonna tune in soon to experience the weirdness but that score isnít very exciting

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Footy is good Iím glad itís on

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

I donít think having a crowd at this game would make me enjoy it any more. Iíve been bored with this opening fixture for years now.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Nutsngum posted:

Hey guys, remember that awesome thing you went to on the weekend you can talk to your friends and family about? Oh wait that was cancelled. But its okay theres.. oh no thats cancelled as well.

There is just about nothing loving going on for anyone to really look forward to for potentially months, stop loving bitching about the footy being a bit different and be loving grateful we have even this distraction from the virus poo poo.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

The advice theyíve received from doctors is that they are no more likely to get the virus playing a round like this than sitting at home with their families anyway.

Most of Australia hasnít stopped, I donít know if youíve noticed. Iím afraid you might have a terminal case of Too Online.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

I donít mean that as a jab, despite how it read. This is a serious problem and itís going to be a hosed up year or so but this forum in particular is working itself into a frenzy that isnít helping a lot of peopleís mental health. Try to relax and enjoy the footy, which is one of the few pleasures weíll get this year probably. If you canít do that, log the gently caress off.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Yes wow youíve cracked the code, peoples jobs depend on the afl putting something on but nobody gives a flying gently caress about your local comp thanks detective

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Bulldogs???

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Polly Farmer had CTE

realbez fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Mar 21, 2020

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Incredible last minute from north there

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Yep, make it a good one please hawks

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Is there a reason why the womenís canít just be delayed as well? Iím sure they would be happy to come back to play finals in a few months

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Ok champ thanks for dropping by

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

You Am I posted:

It was a waste of time starting up the season, no real economic benefit to either the AFL or the states it was played in due to the lack of crowds and the money they spend. All it has done is made the AFL look like fools, similar to what happened to the FIA at the Melbourne GP. They should've pulled the pin like other sporting leagues have. It was stubborn idiots that has got us here.

They did what they said they would do, mate.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Shaun Burgoyne!

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Is every club going to survive this?

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

drunkill posted:

AFLPA have agreed to a 50% paycut for players, they will put this to the AFL for them to accept.

Most clubs have just cleaned out their staff lists, lots of layoffs today across the league.

https://twitter.com/7AFL/status/1242011370268184576

Is what Browne said here right? The players are suggesting a uniform 50% pay cut rather than 50% total with the higher paid players bearing most of the cost. So they want the dudes getting paid entry contracts to give up 50% as well. Classy stuff.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Solemn Sloth posted:

To be fair, maybe they have. They just havenít messaged thatís the case.

Yeah I hope so and the reporters are just confused.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

That's embarrassing stuff, Ed.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

I thought he was saying they might give you a loan if you begged hard enough, not give you a refund

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

gay picnic defence posted:

Yeah, the same people were overlaying maps of the bushfires with the 5G rollout and the high speed rail path too.

The Guardian has reported in the past that a lot of this poo poo originates from Russian troll factories

I made the mistake of quoting that guardian article when people at work were talking about 5G loonies once, and then they thought I was a loony, too. Most people arenít online enough to believe in troll farms I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

On top of everything else, Iím really missing football.