Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting
Rewrite was my first VN. I'm surprised to see so much discussion about it in this thread, cool! I picked it up on a whim after having heard a lot of hype leading up to the anime adaptation's premiere, realizing after one episode that the anime was going to be a horrible trainwreck, and wanting to see what the hype had been all about. I started out feeling embarrassed for reading it and by the end I was just blown away. It's definitely a flawed project and would have greatly benefited from better communication between its three writers (WTF KEY?), but its high points were brilliant enough that I have mostly very fond memories of it. I loved the twists and turns that Moon/Terra threw at me, but Kotori route was the one that affected me the most. Tanaka is insanely good at this. Also the soundtrack is godlike.

Nowadays I compose music for English visual novels about gay women doing adventures, so thank you bad Rewrite anime for opening my eyes to a world of cool stuff and getting me some work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Dr Pepper posted:

So, what are their names?

I did half the music in Studio Élan‘s “Heart of the Woods” and I’m the composer for several of their in-development projects! I’ve also worked on some other VNs and narrative games like “Subserial Network” and “National Park Girls”.

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

I loved Kotori, Moon, and Terra routes in Rewrite. I was so unprepared for Moon/Terra.

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Super Jay Mann posted:

What's unfortunate is that Terra as a conceptual piece works absolutely brilliantly in VN form but suffers from just not being written all that well. Being more of an "outline" than a fleshed-out story is absolutely correct, which is why I almost feel like you're better off experiencing Moon and Terra through its anime adaptation.

I can't agree there... the anime adaptation rushed through plot points so quickly that all the tension, intrigue, and catharsis completely disappeared IMO. If you don't want a hurried outline version of Terra, the anime is definitely not the way to go.

I guess my only major complaint with Terra is that it could've really used some more art assets.