Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.
It’s nice going through a vn and getting obsessed with a song in it and learning it on piano. Just got through the House in Fata Morgana proper and still have the requiem and reincarnation parts to go.

Cicio will just be stuck in my head for a long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.
Every act is a part or the sum of Tohya/Battler's memories, the confession bottles, Ange's memories, Eva's diary/memories, the memories of the people who knew the families and the people who read the theories. Trying to say that any character has a consistant characterization between acts feels a bit fruitless since even Act 8 tries to make scum of the earth Kinzo less of a monster because someone out in the world remembers him giving candy to a child once upon a time. It's partly why when people say the characters are weak in Umineko I get a little frustrated because the characters have so much potential for good and evil and I love that.

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Yeah I think that's a very reasonable interpretation, although Bernkastel's attempt to red text is interrupted in episode 7 and she walks back to it being "one possibility" in episode 8. Thematically it makes sense we can't 100% know the real truth of what happened because Eva very deliberately buried it.

I see it as Eva's truth, that for whatever reason she may have needed to lie about the situation to protect someone, herself, George or Hideyoshi's reputations, from the truth even if it could drat Ange or she just is unaware of all of the circumstances. She may have shot Natsuhi first and made the truth in her mind to be an accident. It also comes down to how much of Sayo's truth is coming from Eva out to the story or from Tohya/Battler to me because an Eva that knows George is in love with Sayo with all that entails is a different situation than just 'he was in love with a common servant named Shannon'. It's not so simple as to say that there is one reason or answer or that it's all right or wrong, it's a truth of some kind but how it's understood is complex.

I also consider that the red truth is still equally valid for each act it's used in despite the fact they could contradict each other between acts. It's always used in context of the game played.

Weird BIAS fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Aug 29, 2023