Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
There's a Key and Sekai Project sale going on right now. Any must-get games in it? I still have Umineko and Fata Morgana, so I'm personally pretty set for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Is it bad that the first thing I thought when I saw the Steam Deck was that I can finally finish Umineko because I'll be able to play it whenever?

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

yes, just get a remote desktop app and do that with your phone or tablet or something, it's how I finished muv luv

...I feel like a loving idiot :doh:. Yeah, I never use steam link, but that would be a pretty good use!

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Sorry, double post, but questions for Umineko people: after the Chapter 2 Tea Room, how the hell is Beatrice redeemable in anyway? I see a lot of people talk about how Beatrice is the best and such a great character, and I'm gonna say that, generally speaking, I don't think there's a way to redeem "person who tried to feed a mother their own daughter".

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Fair enough, just needed that reassurance honestly. I was going to proceed regardless, but wanted to at least know that was addressed significantly.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

I just got to the [chapter 3 Umineko spoiler] coronation of Eva as the new Beatrice and it's incredible how Umineko has trained me such that I find it terrifying and don't know why.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Just finished Umineko episode 3 last night. GODDAMN that was good. My only hope is that we start to focus more on the meta-world rather than the piece-world next episode, because I am getting tired of each episode starting with the same thing more or less. It'll suck to go from that energy back to another slow start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

batteries! posted:

That is exactly what happens after 3. The setup for the murder mansion gets shortened each time and everything else gets more focus. It's great.

Thank God, I don't need more of the 5 worst characters and Hideyoshi and Kyrie arguing.