Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

MegaZeroX posted:

Wait, there is another thread in ADTRW again? :psyduck:

Yes, mostly so there wouldn't be a lot of hand-wringing from Games posters that hate anime. Feel free to post in here though :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

The Colonel posted:

i finished umineko

i think i liked it about as much as higurashi in a very different way

Now you can enjoy Ciconia When They Cry alongside everyone else waiting for future installments.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Hey, I got Raging Loop for the Switch on sale. I know practically nothing about it. Is there anything I should know beforehand that could help me while playing it?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
That owns.

MegaZeroX posted:

I'm assuming it should only be watched by people that have finished it, right?

Also, ugh another reminder that I still need to finish Umineko. Time, where art thou?

I think it's fine if you haven't played it, it's just that you might get more out of it having played it.

Also thanks for the heads up for Raging Loop everyone.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

The Colonel posted:

i finished danganronpa 1. it was alright but i didn't come out feeling super strongly about it

For me, the back half of DR2 is the strongest part of the series, but you do need DR1 for context. DR1 is as you said, an alright game, but it doesn't really have any strong cohesive themes or messages (beyond have hope) or really striking cases for that matter. DR2 is much better in all these regards, and the last 3 chapters made me sit and reflect on things in a way few video games do, so I have to give it mad props and say DR1 is worth it just for DR2.

DR3 has a lot of interesting ideas, but it's also the most bloated game and whether the last chapters of the game work for you are rather hit and miss. I find myself fluctuating on whether I like dr1 or 3 more- 3 is more bold, and sometimes it's rewarding for that, but other times it falls flat on its face and just sucks.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

dmboogie posted:

lmao cmon man...
/

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Epoxy Bulletin posted:

I helped translate a VN for Dreamcast and there’s a patch out now, if anyone here likes that sort of thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OB6oLyMEk94

This is cool, thanks for all of your hard work!

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Namtab posted:

Finished 9 persons 9 hours 9 doors. It's pretty dcent, a solid 7/10

Now it's time for VLR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I understand why they constantly show it, so you have a good sense of the layout of the facility for multiple routes and know where characters are if you put down the game for an extended period, but yeah it's a massive timesink. In a full playthrough the total runtime of just those transition screens winds up being just over an hour.