Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

those trade routes, and the taxes on them, i have strong feelings about it i tell you hwhat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Are you willing to blockade a peaceful planet over it?

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Those taxes will be used to fund a new orphanage on Gremulon 6 how can you be against that? Think of the slimy children!

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Roth posted:

poo poo, I'd begin landing my troops, assuming that's legal.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

it sounds more like a tariff scheme than a tax tbh

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Tell the senate that the queen has signed a treaty which has made the invasion legal.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Squizzle posted:

it sounds more like a tariff scheme than a tax tbh

it's in dispute, that much is clear

ty manifisto

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Man, these negotiations are going to be long

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

alnilam posted:

it's in dispute, that much is clear

i disagree

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
We must appoint a committee to determine whether the taxation of trade routes is in dispute or not.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Mooey Cow posted:

We must appoint a committee to determine whether the taxation of trade routes is in dispute or not.

under no circumstances will i consent to the formation of such a committee

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Squizzle posted:

this is true. i can confirm that this poster indeed does not consent to such a thing

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

Squizzle posted:

tabled, this motion is

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
I have confirmation from the chancellor that his ambassadors did arrive

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Ages posted:

tabled, this motion is

will you consent to the creation of a committee to investigate the tabling of the aforementioned committee?

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I represent the Trade Federation, and I would like to contend that nothing is going on in the Naboo system, and if you hear otherwise it would be best to just ignore it.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Jedi Master: We can take steps to end slavery on Tattooine
Jedi Master: *looks at lightsaber* no, not today old friend
Jedi Master: We will institute a tariff on all slaves!

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Roth posted:

Peaceful! I have here in my hand a report indicating the presence of a powerful starfighter wing, right in their capital city! Each starfighter is armed with multiple proton torpedoes, which could lay waste to any number of innocent freighters and starliners. Any action against such a belligerent nation would be in self-defense of our wholly non-violent trade.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
trade routes in dispute? wow good thing i just so happened to bring my planetary occupation force of battle droids

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
The Naboo have a long standing history of doublespeak when it comes to how "peaceful" they are, or how they "elect" their queen.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

I would like to remind my fellow delegates that any member world of the republic is allowed to have a planetary defense force, including a corps of heavily armed starfighters. Unless there is actual evidence demonstrating this so-called "belligerence" from Naboo, any notion of the Trade Federation defending itself or being the "victim" in this debacle should be dismissed and seen for what it really is: an illegal military invasion of a planet loyal to the republic! :colbert:

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

every single one of you is a liar. i motion for everyone in this thread to be removed from office and banned

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

i, the supreme chancellor, call for a vote of no confidence in everyone except my self

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

cuntman.net posted:

every single one of you is a liar. i motion for everyone in this thread to be removed from office and banned

Ask Aak of Malastare seconds the motion

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

cuntman.net posted:

The mods would neeever do aaanything without the conseeent of the seeenate

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

you are all liars and traitors to the republic. i will appoint my own officials seeing as none of you can be trusted. first i will apoint this guy

please welcome your new consul everyone. im sure he'll do a great job

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

cuntman.net posted:

you are all liars and traitors to the republic. i will appoint my own officials seeing as none of you can be trusted. first i will apoint this guy

ah yes, welcome consul H'ors Stalyun, a pleasure to finally meet you

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

I move that the senate vetoes the horseman's appointment as consul on account of him being well known drunk and was trying to fish painkillers out of a dumpster last night

Roman Reigns fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Jan 28, 2020

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

you want the horse

you can't handle the horse

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Naboo is an apartheid state

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
dellow felegates...

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007
as the representative for corellia i have to point out that the newly implemented tariffs are a major impediment to both trucking and loving, my people's most sacred and important traditions, and that by law I have to say that Kuat can suck the farts right out of my rear end every time I make a statement.

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007
Kuat can suck the farts right out of my rear end, those bootlicking snobs couldn't build a space truck if you gave them four arms and a crate of stolen blueprints.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
Can the Jedi members please stop doing sick force tricks with the ceremonial mace while parliament is in session. In legal terms you are technically assaulting the Queen

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

cuntman.net posted:

Mr. Speaker this is an outrage! In the interest of fair representation I demand that a cow consul must also be appointed!

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Gulping Again posted:

Kuat can suck the farts right out of my rear end, those bootlicking snobs couldn't build a space truck if you gave them four arms and a crate of stolen blueprints.

you got something against folks w 4 arms??

DrAlexanderTobacco
Jun 11, 2012

Help me find my true dharma
*me posting on something awful, from naboo, and the database shits the bed once again*

A communications disruption could only mean one thing...

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

See I just invested in bitcredits so I don't have to pay taxes

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

the wampas have gone too far. we must declare war on hoth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asgerd
May 6, 2012

I worked up a powerful loneliness in my massive bed, in the massive dark.
Grimey Drawer
Nabooxit now!