Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shalafi4
Feb 20, 2011

another medical bills avatar

Javid posted:

the analogy I would use in this subforum is that an ender 3 is the 10/22 of 3d printers, in that you can get it for $2xx and it'll be decent out of the box, with the option to shotgun cheap upgrades into it over time if/when you need to. My only upgrades (that weren't printed) have been a metal extruder and a glass build plate (E: and stiffer bed springs) which solved literally all of the problems I was having early on

That's a pretty drat spot on analogy.

Springs were the first thing I replaced. Ones that came with mine had taken a set and weren't the same length at rest right out of the box.

I have a glass bed for when I'm printing PLA. I still use the normal bed for PETG and when I'm running REALLY fine layer prints.

And I replaced/upgraded my feed assembly to a metal one after my printer ate the first one.

Next thing that will *probably* get replaced is the whole hot end when it eventually wears out.

Total I have ~$75 in replacement/upgrade parts so far and not bought at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU