Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

crosspost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

lolled and subscribed

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

good av mate

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

A nice coronavirus map that's updated frequently

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

I'd be happy w that av

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

hmm not the worst

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Shadow0 posted:

So I just now realized that 2019 should have been the year of the Earth Pig, but instead everywhere was claiming it was the Gold Pig. Now should be the Gold Rat, but I don't see many golden rats about, mostly just white. I'm confused. What am I missing?

Hi the gold rats are in Luigi's Mansion, hth.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Shumagorath posted:

If I make this bingo card can it go in the OP?

yes plz

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Lawson posted:

Can anybody read this? This is green tea with a pleasant smoke aroma. It was given to me by somebody who traveled to China, but doesn't speak the language. I'd like to find it, or something similar so I can buy some more.

Internet says 小沱茶 is puerh and ignores the second character in the label (小芙沱茶). I can't find that exact brand but here's a Japanese site with too much information about different styles of puerh tea.
http://www.puer-cha.com/select.htm

Gunpowder green tea is also a thing. 

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Monkey Fracas posted:

sun wukong but it's the Sabotage video

unf yes plz

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Super Waffle posted:

So I'm set to return to Osaka on Tuesday but I just found out Universal has been closed til the 15th :ohdear:

I'm waiting til morning over there so I can talk to my boss and ask if I should just stay here in the states for a while longer

Do you work at USJ??? Plz post in the waifu thread and/or goon chat (more)

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

BrigadierSensible posted:

Unrelated: I just tried to buy my brother a Wonju Basketball jersey for his birthday, and the Korean sites were making it so much more difficult and complicated than it had to be that I gave up. I might try to go to a game next month and buy one there.

In Japan, soccer and basketball seasons have been delayed. Baseball will start as scheduled but all games until March 15 are "no audience" matches.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

it's going to be real bad in america with people taking Lyft to 2-3 clinics before they get an ($800) diagnosis

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

News releases clearly state that the virus was _discovered_ in China, not that it evolved there (it did).

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Magna Kaser posted:

Yeah it's similar to why Korea is turbofucked now. A Christian cult with people from Wuhan told everyone they couldn't get sick cuz God loved them.

So blessed that God chose them to endure this special challenge :angel:

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

lmao :(

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

fuckin bad news on this page :(

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Facebook Aunt posted:

For the Benefit of Those Ladies Who Ask the Right to Smoke in Public.

hell yeah these are my people

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

ugh

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

I expected my town to have an outbreak by now but nothing :shrug: Two cruise passengers were immediately quarantined inside a hospital after they got home but they're asymptomatic.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

hell yeah thx

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

We called it pearl milk tea in Nor Cal in the 90s. Boba was what stupid So Cal people said.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

nice elephants good elephants

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Shumagorath posted:

Was Lunar New Year movement basically unrestricted? That was less than two months ago and it feels like ages.

Domestic travel was severly affected. People who left early were able to visit Japan, Europe etc. but mid-week the Chinese govt blocked exit visas and closed schools and everything went nuts from there.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Russia is cool and good and has nice things for tourists to enjoy. I like it.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Still waiting for an official decisive announcement.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Blistex posted:

Considering my mother in law is with us right now...

oof haha

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

woah woah woah

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

LimburgLimbo posted:

Note he also made mention in the next sentence of how Taiwan has done fantastically at controlling outbreaks but you can’t talk about it because China will throw a fit.

lmao that kicks rear end

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Pick posted:

Does anyone know what China thinks of there being a spock hand sign emoji? like do they see this 🖖 and go, what the gently caress? and then if you explained it would they be like, what???

idk

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Fat Jesus posted:

Vietnamese bakery

Yum tell me more

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Crosspost

peanut posted:

Me, working from home:

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

CIGNX posted:

this one's a deli, but whatever

and the most important item: Pate Chaud, or meatball inside puff pastry

gently caress yes I'm imaging everything as coconut, taro, or sesame flavor :swoon:

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

gimme accident videos

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Grand Fromage posted:

A couple I had handy.

This is horrible. I want to throw chairs through windows/oil vats.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Magna Kaser posted:

https://twitter.com/BlackLivityCN/status/1248675545078009856

I like how this woman's logic makes the dudes completely pause, dumbstruck.

waifu ♡

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

lmao haha

on page 89 nothing happened

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Blistex posted:

It's the space under my massive panis. The sweat is aged for 77 days in the 28 year old underwear that's fused to my skin. It's skintag and pube filtered to give you a woody, smooth taste with just a hint of mushrooms.

!!!

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Dzhay posted:

I work with an Indian guy; we've both been in China for 3 years, but he still barely speaks a word of the language. Or goes out at all, as far as I can tell.

While we're on linguistics chat: is there any deep reason behind why Chinese people are so keen on having "English names"? (and, conversely, giving foreign people Chinese names)
In most other languages I'm familiar with you just accept that you'll pronounce foriegn names badly and they'll pronounce yours badly, and this seems to work without any major issues.

One reason why English names are easy for school and business is that you can avoid duplicates, and it's easier for outsiders to know which is their family name and which is their surname. I loved choosing names in Spanish class and during a volunteer expedition. It feels like making an avatar or getting your palm read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

WarpedNaba posted:

microwave up enough rice for a full week of meals in one go.

don't do this