Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Akratic Method posted:

The moai is still the one I find most confusing. Who needs to refer to those on such a regular basis?

I see it as a symbol representing a society that hosed the environment they lived in until they all died so it's a good one for these days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

This is so convoluted they could only have been made by Kevin Bacon at this point

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Someone might nuke Canada and possibly kill as much as a dozen of us

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Authoritarian with American characteristics

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

China: Hong Kong is China!

USA: we will now treat Hong Kong like China

China: not like that!

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Lol this grift probably isn't even 2000 minutes old

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Bum the Sad posted:

I think theres some no guns in the border treaty they both follow so they just bludgeon each other to death with rocks instead.

Turns out criminals will respect gun laws after all.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

IT BURNS posted:

Yeah, we'll see soon enough. My question is why isn't the ACLU all over this with a freedom of speech lawsuit?

Their lawyers are dropping dead from exhaustion

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Yikes that’s a lot of Michael’s

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

I still thing 5G is a big dumb marketing ploy and won’t do anything for me.

It’s like the gillette school of unnecessary products.

Why have only 4Gs when you can have 5!!!

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Hello.

I’d like to take this opportunity, in the China thread, to talk about America

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

It sucks

Thank you

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Biden “undoing the damaged relationship” with China is going to involve turning a blind eye to a lot of bad stuff would be my guess

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

McGavin posted:

Thread feng shui masters, is it true that if you tell someone the time of your birth that they can write your name, birthday, and time of birth onto a piece of paper and throw it in a fire, causing you do drop dead instantly? My wife is upset because I told my family when my kid was born.

Your wife thinks your family want to kill your kid

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

throwin out xi’s like they found a triple letter block in scrabble

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

I hope this Thai chi master gets owned trend keeps going until we get “Thai chi master wrecked by passive aggressive busker”

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Totes dog. Just think we should find one with a good sense of humour and run this poo poo into the ground

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

I in general mod the thread but I didn't have time to deal with that report, what even happened anyway I kind of missed it, something involving the word yellow?

Ohohoho you’re not going to trap us that easily MOD

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

I mean ensnare! Ensnare pleas don’t say I used the t word

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

That dust already gone up someone’s nose sorry nerds

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

I believe that No Why is the greatest cultural concept of all time.

I feel calmer just saying it

It’s freedom

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

This is rich coming from a country who also is guilty of being malaria free

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

LimburgLimbo posted:

That reminded me, a lot of people who have no mandarin background probably don't realize but "no why" is a bad translation of a common phrase

https://www.hopenglish.com/hope-tips-no-why

No why is actually the perfect phrase and philosophical concept.

Don’t touch a good thing

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

God no don’t nuke Japan again. You want anime? That’s how you get anime

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Christ

Those Chinese

I’ve Never seen a subway so clean before

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

d0s posted:

yes, I was only describing what would happen if the water was electrified for some reason

Please don’t give Elon Musk any more business ideas

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

I want to know what they were fighting about.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

BrigadierSensible posted:

Bone shards in their stew.

Bone Shards Disharmony

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Good. Now ban anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

BrigadierSensible posted:

I think it's also interesting, (in general terms, not only in this particular CCP case), that they are cracking down on "feminine men", and not "masculine women".

This is not to say that the CCP culture warriors and gender defenders aren't against such horrible disharmony as short haired sport playing unmarried childless harlots. But more that they choose to go after, and publicly decry girlymen.

I suppose an argument for this could be that these pretty boys are more prominent in entertainment/social media etc. and are an easier target. Also that you target the "unwomanly" women in other, far more nasty and horrible ways than just banning them from TV.

That’s just standard misogyny. Manly women are fine as they aspire to be men. But there is nothing worse than being a woman so an effeminate man is an abomination