Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
:sweatdrop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

is it snet yet?

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
at least give them a chance to glue some googly eyes on it

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Sniep posted:

why wont president beep sned the yostop?????

what is beep trying to hide??

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
impeach the beep

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
why won't beep address this issue? we have the right to know.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
i do mot like what is happening here!!!!!

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

impeach the beep

I vote yes

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

don't switch beeps mid-stream!!!!!!!

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

you have one job beep

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

boop

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

el dorito posted:

Ok, after plugging in and pulling out ide drives and working with bent IDE pins and that one time that the adapter stuck a jagged piece of metal into my index finger, I finally pulled out some screenshots.

FIRST OFF, THE STEBE DRIVE

It's a Hackintosh! Here's the desktop:

It's running OS X 10.5.6 (aka Leopard)

It's also got the last version of Chrome that runs on this version:

But other than this and the stock software, there's not much else on this installation. Nevertheless, getting this working is a ton of effort. Good job, Santa!

NEXT UP, THE MOOSE MILKIE DRIVE

Imagine that there is a bog standard ubuntu 12.04 bootup and login screen. Logging in, I see:

classic.

Soon after the login happened, vlc launched and attempted to play something. But all it did was play audio and show a single frame. I think it was https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntPaGRoHii0 this (NSFW)

Hmm, what does the cat pictures folder have?

when looking through someone's laptop, you gotta check the bookmarks

The only other software on the desktop that was usable was the dosbox link for Windows 3.1

Extreme Tux Racer and Doom 2 ran like crap, but otherwise there's lots of cool detritus laying around.

I saw some read errors on the hard drive, so I've got my work cut out for me. Not 100% sure what I'll do next, but it'll probably involve:

• Migrating data off of the dying hard drive, then wiping the crap out of that drive before disposing of it
  • Using the hackintosh as the primary OS or making the laptop dual-boot mac OS and something that is not ubuntu (like bunsenlabs linux). Alternatively, get another drive for Linux, but I dunno how much more abuse that laptop drive adapter can take.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

the hour of sned quickly approaches

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

where is it

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

it was inside of you........all along

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

binged it up the rear end

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

where is the yostop these days?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

hopefully sent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

send it like beckham