Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

i mean i'm sure some lawyer can dance around those terms already

this is just good old trying to solve a political problem with a technical solution aka dumb poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

i work in a very much grey area that will remain grey as long as I maintain a strong cognitive dissonance

ask me about maintaining a strong cognitive dissonance please dont

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

do you really want to know the answer to either part of that question?

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

i guess my implication there is, circularly, if you were to ask the question and find out that someone is using it for terrible ends, and I guess you know your answer to someone doing that, for which their retort is "whos going to stop me?", would you have ever wanted to know in the first place?

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

I guess I'm just a person that's lost a lot of faith in institutions so maybe my thought patterns come off as weird

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Sure

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Yeah but I don't find not doing anything to be an especially satisfying way to live life

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

i mean we live in a world where states straw purchase drugs for lethal injections, companies engage in illegal behavior and people aren't even aware of it much less care about it

its pretty bleak and i'm pretty cynical

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

the alienation is real

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

PCjr sidecar posted:

i think part of what i have trouble with is that individual oss devs would not necessarily align with what we’d consider ethical

consider the ‘angry at immigrants’ license: https://www.treefinder.de/

drat is that German as hell

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

I remember how many devs I spent time around outside of work tended to always be front end types and they’d always be talking about bower and poo poo and I didn’t get wtf those things were supposed to do other than being examples of someone with too much time pasting over broken garbage

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Progressive JPEG posted:

poisonous to any corporate or government legal department

i have bad news

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

oh so raytheon license then