Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

how can the slf4j author sleep at night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

honestly its a good thing. all these package managers for code need to go away. you shouldnt be able to just get dependencies whenever you want, you should be explicitly bringing them in by hand, copied one at a time and verifying with the authors you can use it.

this is the best shot we have at eradicating npm/yarn/maven etc.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

this could be easily solved if they just had openjdk, whoever is in charge of python these days, gcc and clang authors, and the ruby guy pulling it. then your libraries arent even an issue.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

depends, really

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

has anyone noticed the irony of posting this on twitter?

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

this code is all hosted on github so these people should be boycotting microsoft instead of worrying about some nerd's left-pad Implementation

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

sometimes i'll write something one-off that i need that isnt super big but could be useful, so i'll throw it on github and let someone else find it useful, too.

i'll be damned if i'm going to do anything more than that, like check where it's at or care who is using it. i have one repository that has a little bit of a following (and some idiot is donating to even though i didnt ask for it and had to sign up for an account to get the $1/month) and i havent looked at it in months except to laugh at the people submitting PRs that i will never, ever review or accpet, or laugh at the people who forked it to rewrite it in javascript.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

yes lets all do what mongodb has, the database for idiots

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

i want some sort of villain license where the particular software can ONLY be used for evil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Shaggar posted:

mozilla and the rest of netscape's offspring all deserve to die for loving up the web with javascript