Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
i had a friend approach me for Palantir a few years back and, under the apparently mistaken assumption that it'd be $$$, had some internal wrestling to do before eventually turning them down. they'd been doing satellite stuff for a while and were thoroughly in the "where they come down isn't my department" mindset

idk why everyone has to have an ICE contract tho. and taking, as a point of pride, very little money from them doesn't seem like the best defense

Gazpacho posted:

i wasn't really impressed with the attempt a few years back to pin the holocaust on ibm either
what 'attempt'?

ibm took nazi money to make their holocaust tabulators. the computer history museum has a section, it's not some secret. or are you confusing accurately describing their horror adjacency as 'pinning' the blame in a dearth of nuance?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
bring 👏 back 👏 shrinkwrap 👏