Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Nap Ghost

this is good and will save people from the harm of using open sores software

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Nap Ghost

Jonny 290 posted:

i dont even know what npm is and i laugh every time somebody drags them

npm is github but it only hosts javascript people reference in production.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Nap Ghost

mozilla and the rest of netscape's offspring all deserve to die for loving up the web with javascript

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Nap Ghost

qirex posted:

counterpoint: competing scripting languages of the time had read-write access to the users' hard drive

counterpoint: the web didnt need a scripting language

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Nap Ghost

open sores in the true linux sense is very bad.

open sores in the microsoft is doing 99.9999% of development but the source is there for me to look at for implementation details sense is very good.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Nap Ghost

its called open sores for a reason.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Nap Ghost

rotor posted:

https://twitter.com/VessOnSecurity/status/1480189534625320960

gently caress this rear end in a top hat, and not in the good way

lol this rules. hopefully some of these idiots learn not to use js

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Nap Ghost

akadajet posted:

there are better ways to "stick it to the man" than publishing malicious javascript dependencies

i mean maybe not the best, but its certainly a good way to do it plus its just good in general if it discourages the use of javascript

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Nap Ghost

actually, duh, the right way to do it is to throw an incredibly punitive license on it so everyone who just blindly updates gets hosed super hard and you clean up.