Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf
This is cool:
https://twitter.com/MotoGPJules/status/1305856626428194816?s=20

This is not:
https://twitter.com/SkySportMotoGP/status/1305796126214426625?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Dollars to donuts they're fooling around with pipe resonance in an attempt to fatten the midrange because they've lost those revs at the top. Especially the section at the bottom where it's totally straight but still segmented, looks like they've been making it longer bit by bit and testing the effects.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
MotoE had a race today and it was pretty good, some last lap shake-ups and some actual racing.

Tomorrow's MotoGP line up, some really good last second laps coming in from a few folks including Brad Binder getting himself up to 6th. Really bad day for Suzuki, Rins didn't make it out of Q1 and Mir though in Q2, couldn't do better than 11th.

1 12 Maverick VIŅALES
2 43 Jack MILLER
3 20 Fabio QUARTARARO
4 44 Pol ESPARGARO
5 63 Francesco BAGNAIA
6 33 Brad BINDER
7 46 Valentino ROSSI
8 21 Franco MORBIDELLI
9 9 Danilo PETRUCCI
10 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO
11 36 Joan MIR
12 30 Takaaki NAKAGAMI

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
If anyone watches World Superbike, Rea won again at the inaugural race in Barcelona, putting Rea 41 points ahead of Scott Redding and Ducati. Ducati can't seem to knock out the combo of Rea/Kawasaki even trying to bring in a host of GP riders to try and steal a championship.

And in WSSP300, Ana Carrasco who won the WSSP300 in 2018 and came in 3rd last year crashed heavily earlier in the week and broke two vertebrae.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

That's it, I've had it, I'm off to the hospital for the lolpound fracture I've sustained thanks to this:

Dovi lost a bet.

motorsport.com posted:

Dovizioso’s friends made a bet with him that he would have to put ‘unemployed’ on the back of his leathers if he was to take the lead in the championship after the first Misano race.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Slavvy posted:

That's it, I've had it, I'm off to the hospital for the lolpound fracture I've sustained thanks to this:

Dovi lost a bet.

still championship leader lol

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

the paradigm shift posted:

still championship leader lol

I have fully subscribed to Julian Ryder thought that a season like this cannot be great, only entertaining. At the rate this cripple fight is going Marquez could come back for the last 6 races and still have a good shot at winning it.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I'm not so sure, I think the only reason it's a cripple fight is Michelin magic, Marc is special but he's not immune to rubber fuckery.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
2020 continues to be hilarious.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Imagine if Mir wins the title.

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

algebra testes posted:

Imagine if Mir wins the title.

More likely than any of the Yamahas IMO. I'm hoping for Dovi, but he can't figure out the new rear so who knows.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

BitcoinRockefeller posted:

More likely than any of the Yamahas IMO. I'm hoping for Dovi, but he can't figure out the new rear so who knows.

:agreed: the Suzuki is the only remotely consistent bike and seems to be able to use the tyres well everywhere.

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcscAepViEc

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

I realize this is karma for :filez: but I finally got around to watching San Marino and Plex thankfully made the splash screen a shot from after the race was over so I instantly saw Morbidelli had his first win before I even started watching

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

MomJeans420 posted:

I realize this is karma for :filez: but I finally got around to watching San Marino and Plex thankfully made the splash screen a shot from after the race was over so I instantly saw Morbidelli had his first win before I even started watching

Not files related, but more sports streaming sites need to have "no spoiler" settings. I logged into NBCSN for something else and it spoiled Morbidelli's win for me.

Once again, MotoGP is one of the best streaming services out there.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

rossi to petronas finally official and a front row start for him this weekend. yamaha front row lockout of course, it is catalunya.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Top 12 starting positions for the GP race, Quartararo had an exhaust change midway through the session, Olivera wrecked into turn 10.

1 21 Franco MORBIDELLI 1'38.798
2 20 Fabio QUARTARARO 1'39.008 0.210 / 0.210
3 46 Valentino ROSSI 1'39.129 0.331 / 0.121
4 43 Jack MILLER 1'39.225 0.427 / 0.096
5 12 Maverick VIŅALES 1'39.371 0.573 / 0.146
6 5 Johann ZARCO 1'39.378 0.580 / 0.007
7 44 Pol ESPARGARO 1'39.495 0.697 / 0.117
8 36 Joan MIR 1'39.628 0.830 / 0.133
9 9 Danilo PETRUCCI 1'39.641 0.843 / 0.013
10 33 Brad BINDER 1'39.659 0.861 / 0.018
11 30 Takaaki NAKAGAMI 1'39.713 0.915 / 0.054
12 88 Miguel OLIVEIRA 1'40.188 1.390 / 0.475

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

can someone translate to get points you have to finish the race into italian for me tia

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

loving god dammit all to hell. Friendship ended with dovi, Mir is my guy now.

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf
Itsa me, Choke-io.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Nice win from Darryn there, I was worried he was high aiding so much they'd have to start calling him super man or something lol. Nice work from the Suzuki boys as well, what a fun season so far.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

Once again, MotoGP is one of the best streaming services out there.

I was going to sign up for it this season then with the coronavirus I wasn't sure if it would be worth it or if most of the races would be canceled. Just signed up now and they even had a half-price deal going on since it's halfway through the season.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
WorldSBK this weekend the weather has been wet so there's been some interesting results.

Here's SuperPole1 top 10 results:
Laverty
Sykes
Rea
Lowes
Gerloff
VanDerMark
Rins
Baz
Davies
Redding

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf
Tom Sykes is a more fraudulent world champion than Vettle and that's saying something.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
How so? Up until Sykes moved to BMW he was regularly on pole or at least the front row, being second to Rea has got to feel quite a bit like Dovi behind Marc. (Though Sykes actually got a world title once)

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Yeah sykes has been the only other credible Kawasaki rider besides maybe toprak toward the end there. He was fighting and losing to rea just about every weekend.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

MomJeans420 posted:

I was going to sign up for it this season then with the coronavirus I wasn't sure if it would be worth it or if most of the races would be canceled. Just signed up now and they even had a half-price deal going on since it's halfway through the season.

It's worth a sub just for the historical content, never mind having every practice, quali, and race.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

It's worth a sub just for the historical content, never mind having every practice, quali, and race.

How historical? Because I could stand to watch some old two stroke races

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

They've got full sessions going back to 1992, so very much yes. It's not full seasons, but usually the exceptional races where something wild or historic happened.

I've probably watched Rossi's dirt-pass on Stoner at Laguna Seca a dozen times :allears:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

It is seriously worth it.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

That last bonk in the end where the bike gets one last hit in

https://twitter.com/MotoGP/status/1314548111956733952?s=20

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

congrats petrux and ..alex marquez?? :confuoot:

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
Miller can't catch a break.
The rain really threw the rookies today, by the end of the race they were starting to figure it out, the Mir.Vinales/Quatararo dice in the last two laps was fun.

also :lol: at them starting the moto2 race when Joe Roberts was still rounding the last corner of his delayed sighting lap.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Miller's bike really picked the wrong season to remember it's a pramac ducati that hasn't been on fire for a while.

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

I thought miller was pissed at rins for gently caress-you wheelie-ing past him and flicked him off but it looks like he was just looking back at dovi to see if he was gonna take his place back. really funny to watch especially when they both dnf less than a lap later.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

echomadman posted:

also :lol: at them starting the moto2 race when Joe Roberts was still rounding the last corner of his delayed sighting lap.
Yeah I'm not sure that was correct. He was coming in behind the safety car which should not be possible. If you're not ready for the warmup lap start, I thought you were supposed to stay in pit lane and start from there when the race starts?

GriszledMelkaba posted:

I thought miller was pissed at rins for gently caress-you wheelie-ing past him and flicked him off but it looks like he was just looking back at dovi to see if he was gonna take his place back. really funny to watch especially when they both dnf less than a lap later.
Nah he was waving Rins past, since he went off track he had to concede the position.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Dang, Marquez junior deffo learned a thing or two about running through the pack from Mark.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

https://twitter.com/matoxley/status/1316783002681249792?s=19

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

From the horse's mouth:

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2020/10/15/valentino-rossi-tests-positive-for-covid-19/350588

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Valentino Roni?